Dermot Earley Snr RIP

Started by Dinny Breen, June 23, 2010, 01:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

My thoughts are with his family, a gent and a legend.
#newbridgeornowhere

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Abble

surely someone should put more detail on the subject line here...Dermot Earley Snr maybe ?

Declan

RIP Dermot. A true gent and a fantastic player

armaghniac

A class player and an important leader. I first attended Croke Pk as a long haired teenager when Armagh played the two games against Roscommon and remember being impressed by Earley. RIP.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0623/earleyd.html

A true Gaa legend.

I will always remember him being carried off shoulder high by Mayo players after his last game for Roscommon, I think it was the 1985 Connacht Final. I cannot think of another player that was afforded such a tribute by any opposition.

RIP.
MWWSI 2017

Doogie Browser

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Rossie11

Schkite

RIP Dermot, a true legend of the game.

lynchbhoy

laoisgaa

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a ainm. I'd the pleasure of meeting him on a number of occasions - fear uasal den scoth. RIP

Ryano

We don't have that many famous faces from Roscommon past or present because we are a small county, population wise.

But by God when we do produce legends we do in it style. Dermot was an absolute legend, gentleman and officer and more so he was an extremely proud Rossie too.

Roscommon don't have too much to be proud of on the GAA scene in recent years (with a few obvious exceptions) but one of the main things that has always made me feel proud of my county was the name Dermot Earley and the qualities he exemplified both on and off the pitch.

He is no longer be with us in body but he will forever live in the hearts and minds of all true Gaels regardless of where they come from.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a ainm.

mjg

A sad day a man too pure for this world    god rest you dermot

GaillimhIarthair

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a ainm.

A legend of a man in the west and was undoubtly the best footballer in these parts for the best part of 10 years from the mid 70's.  RIP Dermot.