Top Secret Hotel

Started by illdecide, June 21, 2010, 04:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Trying to book a hotel for Barcelona for 4 nights and thru www.lastminute.com it is throwing up hotels at half the price but the snag is they're called "Top Secret Hotel" so you don't know the name nor  the street until you book then they give you the information. they just guarantee you that it's 4* and it's region but not the street.

Has anyone ever booked like this before? and if so was it ok. Hotels in Barcelona for 4 nights is about £450 - £500 but this deal for a 4* is £200...sounds too good to be true
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Doogie Browser

100% dead on, if you copy and paste the description to google you should get it ok anyway

Hardy

I hear it's genuine. They're 4-Star hotels anxious to flog rooms but don't want the public to associate them with low cost deals, so they do it this way.

Puckoon

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 21, 2010, 05:02:05 PM
100% dead on, if you copy and paste the description to google you should get it ok anyway
What he said.

Just use your noggin and figure out which hotel it is. I use hotels.com a lot in this way.

Just fcukin decide.

illdecide

Quote from: Puckoon on June 21, 2010, 05:11:17 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 21, 2010, 05:02:05 PM
What he said.

Just use your noggin and figure out which hotel it is. I use hotels.com a lot in this way.

Just fcukin decide.

Alright calm down, i'll get a go at it tonight and then illdecide
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Declan

Yep - Have used them before in London New York and have all been great. Can usually find out with a bit of Googling etc

heganboy

used this for barcelona- worked out great
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gawa316

I booked a 4 star hotel in Barca with topsecret and it was The Barcelona Universial Hotel. Dead on hotel with swimming pool on roof, great location and metro right out the door

Cosmo Kramer

As above - I've done this in the US and its worked out really well and with a huge saving on normal rates.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on June 21, 2010, 09:34:13 PM
As above - I've done this in the US and its worked out really well and with a huge saving on normal rates.

+1 (first chance to use that baby)

Used it in Oz, worked well
Hasta la victoria siempre

J OGorman

Have you tried booking.com ? Great site for cut price rooms

Pangurban

No problem,genuine offers

tiptoe

Booked a hotel through this in London, all it said was 4 star and around park lane area so thought id give it a shot, was almost half the norm price. Turned out the hotel was unreal but the room i was staying in was a very very average 2 star..OK for booking for the area you are staying in I reckon but expect the worst room in the hotel to come with it.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: tiptoe on June 22, 2010, 02:14:44 AM
Booked a hotel through this in London, all it said was 4 star and around park lane area so thought id give it a shot, was almost half the norm price. Turned out the hotel was unreal but the room i was staying in was a very very average 2 star..OK for booking for the area you are staying in I reckon but expect the worst room in the hotel to come with it.

In my experience a lot of hotels in London are 4* because of location alone. I've stayed in a few places around Russel Square through work that were 4* but the rooms were pokey enough
Hasta la victoria siempre

BennyHarp

Quote from: illdecide on June 21, 2010, 04:56:08 PM
Trying to book a hotel for Barcelona for 4 nights and thru www.lastminute.com it is throwing up hotels at half the price but the snag is they're called "Top Secret Hotel" so you don't know the name nor  the street until you book then they give you the information. they just guarantee you that it's 4* and it's region but not the street.

Has anyone ever booked like this before? and if so was it ok. Hotels in Barcelona for 4 nights is about £450 - £500 but this deal for a 4* is £200...sounds too good to be true

I've done this on quite a few occassions and in fact its the first thing i look at when booking a hotel room! I used it when going to Barcelona with the missus at new year with lastminute and it gave me a great little hotel (H10 Hotel) just off Placa de Catalunya and it was nearly half the price that it was normally!!
That was never a square ball!!