USFC Final 2010, Clones, Sunday 18th July: Tír Eoghain vs Muineachán

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 20, 2010, 05:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Ahh now lads
I've read complements this week from Down, Monaghan and Derry lads about Tyrone and what they've achieved in the last 7 years when football was born when Our Ma wounded the Kingdom and we've finished them off several times since. They havent gone away you know

Is there any truth Paddy Bradley was looking a game on Sunday? We could play him instead of Davey at wing back. He wont be double marked there.

I'm probably off line now til all weekend so hope ye all enjoy the game and may the best team win and I do mean that. I hope its a fair game with no aul nasty incidents and pray to God its not a draw as I'll never get let out for another game up the country.

Main Street

The Tyrone generation of 1986 had more respect, had real cohones. We all know how Monaghan has suffered since partition, trying to keep you guys fed and clothed, in safe shelter and provided with the tools of the trade just so that you didn't turn into compliant sheep in the Orange statelet. The modern breed of Tyronie sadly appears to be divorced from the finer aspects of real character. No doubt being spoonfed Sams by the Supreme Leader has eroded a sense of reality. Not even the Supreme Leader can save ye now from your fate on Sunday.

Zapatista

Quote from: Main Street on July 16, 2010, 03:59:15 PM
The Tyrone generation of 1986 had more respect, had real cohones. We all know how Monaghan has suffered since partition, trying to keep you guys fed and clothed, in safe shelter and provided with the tools of the trade just so that you didn't turn into compliant sheep in the Orange statelet. The modern breed of Tyronie sadly appears to be divorced from the finer aspects of real character. No doubt being spoonfed Sams by the Supreme Leader has eroded a sense of reality. Not even the Supreme Leader can save ye now from your fate on Sunday.

:D

Touché

To be fair I have been on the wind up for this thread. I'm sure it'll be a great game with Ulsters finest on show. I hope it's close (i'm sure it will be)as the Ulster Championship needs it.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 16, 2010, 01:03:24 PM
A few head scratchers. The only logic I can see in dropping Carlin for McCarron is that presumably McCarron picked up McManus in the Ulster Club game last winter and in Harte's eyes did a decent enough job in limiting him to 1 point from play.

???? what game where you watching??  McManus dominated that day, he was excellent, alright he got one point but was influential throughout the game.

McCarron is in on merit, he has been flying at training and in house games so had got his shot at starting on Sunday and deservedly so
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

tyrone86

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 16, 2010, 05:42:10 PM
A few head scratchers. The only logic I can see in dropping Carlin for McCarron is that presumably McCarron picked up McManus in the Ulster Club game last winter and in Harte's eyes did a decent enough job in limiting him to 1 point from play.

???? what game where you watching??  McManus dominated that day, he was excellent, alright he got one point but was influential throughout the game.

McCarron is in on merit, he has been flying at training and in house games so had got his shot at starting on Sunday and deservedly so

I wasn't at it - I was merely speculating for a reason why Dermy Carlin has been inexplicably dropped when he's been excellent to date. I don't rate McCarron but I'm sure Mickey has a job in mind for him on Sunday otherwise he wouldn't have got the nod.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 16, 2010, 05:51:30 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 16, 2010, 05:42:10 PM

I wasn't at it - I was merely speculating for a reason why Dermy Carlin has been inexplicably dropped when he's been excellent to date. I don't rate McCarron but I'm sure Mickey has a job in mind for him on Sunday otherwise he wouldn't have got the nod.

Agree with you on Carlin, think he has been very harshly dropped considering his displays to date, actually feel wile sorry for him but the Tyrone selection goes a lot of what happens in training in these 'in house' games for team selection.  Rumour has it that McCarron has been flying and has really be pushing for a spot and hence, has got his opportunity come 07/18/10. 
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Schkite

McCarron's inclusion definately wouldn't have been anything to do with the Ulster club last year, McManus was deadly and that with a broken wrist. Don't see the argument about his height either as I'd imagine Justin McMahon will mark McManus while Freeman and Hanratty aren't big men. To an outsider Swift and especially Carlin seem to be very hard done by, but I suppose Harte knows his stuff and McCarron wouldn't be in if there wasn't a reason for it, he must be "flying in training" as they say!

tyronefan

it was a mistake to drop Carlin for the QF in 07 and I think its a mistake to drop him now.

Whatever about in house training Carlin has had a great year so far and deserves to be playing.

He had a excellent game against Monaghan in 07 and there is no reason to assume he would not do the same this time again.

Schkite

Monaghan team named:

Darren Hughes
Dermot McArdle
John Paul Mone
Colin Walshe
Damien Freeman
Vincent Corey
Gary McQuaid
Dick Clerkin
Owen Lennon
Stephen Gollogly
Paul Finlay
Kieran Hughes
Ciaran Hanratty
Conor McManus
Tommy Freeman

So, according to that, no changes from the last day, but if you're to believe the rumours coming from the Monaghan camp there could be a couple of changes.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Schkite on July 16, 2010, 07:36:02 PM
Monaghan team named:

Darren Hughes
Dermot McArdle
John Paul Mone
Colin Walshe
Damien Freeman
Vincent Corey
Gary McQuaid
Dick Clerkin
Owen Lennon
Stephen Gollogly
Paul Finlay
Kieran Hughes
Ciaran Hanratty
Conor McManus
Tommy Freeman

So, according to that, no changes from the last day, but if you're to believe the rumours coming from the Monaghan camp there could be a couple of changes.

Anyone else think he isn't good enough to start this team? Didn't see him against fermanagh but against armagh he wasn't up to standard.

Schkite

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on July 16, 2010, 07:41:57 PM
Monaghan team named:

Darren Hughes
Dermot McArdle
John Paul Mone
Colin Walshe
Damien Freeman
Vincent Corey
Gary McQuaid
Dick Clerkin
Owen Lennon
Stephen Gollogly
Paul Finlay
Kieran Hughes
Ciaran Hanratty
Conor McManus
Tommy Freeman

Anyone else think he isn't good enough to start this team? Didn't see him against fermanagh but against armagh he wasn't up to standard.

He had a far better game against Armagh than against Fermanagh so that will tell you all! Hugh McElroy can feel hard done by after doing well coming on the last two days but Banty must feel Hanratty is better starting than coming on, if he starts well he could have a good game but if he doesn't, forget about it - he was off after 15-20 minutes against Fermanagh.

Has talent but can't use it properly, and he hasn't pushed on and improved from when he burst onto the scene against Down in 2007.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Schkite on July 16, 2010, 07:45:48 PM
Monaghan team named:

Darren Hughes
Dermot McArdle
John Paul Mone
Colin Walshe
Damien Freeman
Vincent Corey
Gary McQuaid
Dick Clerkin
Owen Lennon
Stephen Gollogly
Paul Finlay
Kieran Hughes
Ciaran Hanratty
Conor McManus
Tommy Freeman

He had a far better game against Armagh than against Fermanagh so that will tell you all! Hugh McElroy can feel hard done by after doing well coming on the last two days but Banty must feel Hanratty is better starting than coming on, if he starts well he could have a good game but if he doesn't, forget about it - he was off after 15-20 minutes against Fermanagh.
Has talent but can't use it properly, and he hasn't pushed on and improved from when he burst onto the scene against Down in 2007.

If i remember correctly he came off early against armagh aswell.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

I'm actually surprised Carlin lasted this long on the starting 15, not because he doesn't deserve to be there, but just that it seems MH has him as one of those players readily able to be chopped.

Fairly sickened for him as he'll fight tooth and nail for you all day and has been probably the stand out back this year. Still happy enough to see McCarron get the call up though, I rate him, just hasn't the form Carlin has proven this year.

Don't get me started on Davey Harte starting.

But sure we'll see how we do, still fancy Tyrone to win.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

tyroneman

ALso feel very sorry for young Dermy. Great attitude and a very decent fella any time I spoke to him. I thought he was one of our best defenders this year - maybe MH has plans to bring him on early enough, after a yellow card or two has been dished out to others?

Schkite

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on July 16, 2010, 07:48:30 PM
Quote from: Schkite on July 16, 2010, 07:45:48 PM
Monaghan team named:

Darren Hughes
Dermot McArdle
John Paul Mone
Colin Walshe
Damien Freeman
Vincent Corey
Gary McQuaid
Dick Clerkin
Owen Lennon
Stephen Gollogly
Paul Finlay
Kieran Hughes
Ciaran Hanratty
Conor McManus
Tommy Freeman

If i remember correctly he came off early against armagh aswell.

He did yeah, but not quite as early! At least in the Armagh game he played a part. Won a few frees, took McKeever all round the place(still not sure why he was marking him, was out of the game as a result), and set up the goal whereas in the past he probably would have hurried and snatched at it himself. Hanratty's good games in the championship are few and far between unfortunately, but when he hits form he can be deadly, like against Down in '07 or the second Derry game last year. Sunday would be a good time for one of those days!