USFC Final 2010, Clones, Sunday 18th July: Tír Eoghain vs Muineachán

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 20, 2010, 05:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 05, 2010, 08:58:08 PM
Would Carlin be in with a shout for picking up Tommy?

I'd imagine Justy will be on Mc Manus, Block on Finlay and Swift (if playing) on Hanratty or replacement(I'd say Mc Elroy would be in with a shout for a start?)

He should be on form, but I can see Hanratty starting again. The thing with him is, you'll know what kind of a game he'll have from the first couple of touches he gets, if he scores with his first shot he could have a stormer, if he puts one short or gives the ball away he's likely to have a frustrating day and be called ashore early. Hopefully it's the former as god knows he's due more of them, and McElroy is still a good man to come on and get a couple of points. We'll need all our weapons firing to beat Tyrone and if Hanratty can play a similar role to what he did against Armagh, or even better against Derry in the qualifiers last year, I'd be happy with that.

omagh_gael

Hanrattys' a fierce man for doing very little with a whole pile of effort, although his hair is probably responsible for a lot of it :)

Schkite

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 05, 2010, 10:36:55 PM
He can win a few frees.

Yeah, that's been his main contribution the last while(and he can do it well), but as a corner-forward he really should be contributing more scoring-wise. He has a unique way of running with the ball(to say the least!), the way he jigs around the place the defenders never know what he's going to do with the ball. Problem is, often he doesn't either! He looks like he's handling a hot potato alot of the time but does draw a good few frees as you say.

longrunsthefox

ONeill

The Monaghan men on the board - Schkite, Maguire and Grandmasterflash - that's the build up like down Oriel way? Is it a big, big deal - moreso than 2007 - or has that experience made it a more measured affair?

Not arse-boxin but I'm sure that, although it's Tyrone they're playing, there's big expectations.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on July 05, 2010, 11:53:47 PM
The Monaghan men on the board - Schkite, Maguire and Grandmasterflash - that's the build up like down Oriel way? Is it a big, big deal - moreso than 2007 - or has that experience made it a more measured affair?

Not arse-boxin but I'm sure that, although it's Tyrone they're playing, there's big expectations.
Haven't been home in the last few weeks so can't really say. I get the impression that there's more confidence this time though, more belief that this team can take Tyrone.

imtommygunn

Hanratty can' be that bad if he's on the first 15...

He gave Marc O'Se a while roasting in croke the other year. He shapes funny as a footballer though.

Doohicky

Anyone know anything about getting tickets for this?

I have my season ticket, but I've managed to chat a few friends into going to the final too. Keep me company on the way from Belfast to Clones.

None of us are affiliated with clubs so I was wondering if the tickets will be on general sale, or will it only be through clubs?

Edit: Never mind, I checked Ticketmaster and they are selling for the final already.

Although that begs the question of where my ticket will be for to try and get us all in the same area

Man Marker

The build up is very quiet, is it me or our area, or is it generally the form?

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Doohicky on July 06, 2010, 08:56:51 AM

I have my season ticket, but I've managed to chat a few friends into going to the final too. Keep me company on the way from Belfast to Clones.

None of us are affiliated with clubs so I was wondering if the tickets will be on general sale, or will it only be through clubs?

Edit: Never mind, I checked Ticketmaster and they are selling for the final already.

Although that begs the question of where my ticket will be for to try and get us all in the same area

Get tickets for the hill, O Duffy or Roslea Road end (which are open terraces). That way you'll be together.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: ONeill on July 05, 2010, 11:53:47 PM

I'm living in Belfast mesel O Neill. Was down for the Fermanagh game and was surprised at the amount of flags dawned from houses/shops/silage pits/mail bins etc. I'd say a bit of that was the Fermanagh factor (different to the Grimley factor however!) though i.e. a local derby. As Maguire says, the level of expectation would definitely be higher and there would be more confidence. Nobody that I know would be underestimating the task or would be complacent about it in any way. At the end of the day, a lot of Monaghan folik (incl. myself) would have seen Tyrone playing more in Clones than Monaghan in the last 15/20 years and know what they're about...

Doohicky

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 06, 2010, 09:35:31 AM
Quote from: Doohicky on July 06, 2010, 08:56:51 AM

Get tickets for the hill, O Duffy or Roslea Road end (which are open terraces). That way you'll be together.

Not much good if my season ticket is limited to one of the seating areas though is it?
It 'shouldn't' be, but that's not a guarantee

omagh_gael

I don't know whether the championship is different, but in the league you could email the season ticket people and request your ticket for a different area in the ground i.e. the terrace if you wanted.

Fuzzman

There's no flags or bunting down here at all in Dublin
Well none except in my house in Clontarf who also happen to where Red & White like Louth jersey