US Open 2010,Pebble Beach

Started by The Real Laoislad, June 15, 2010, 05:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

OK - I always underestimate how long ago things were.

I always thought there must be a story behind why Rafferty seemd to disappear very fast, but it must be just that he never quite got there and gave up.

Doogie Browser

McDowell said it was great to see his name on the trophy alongside people like Woods, Els and Mickelson, Phil Mick has not won a US Open as yet!

mackers

Monty will be a happy man today........he'll be able to match McIlroy and McDowell in the Ryder Cup without using a captain's pick. Great win for McDowell.
My brother's claim to fame is that he halved a Fred Daly match with McDowell while they were both juveniles..........
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 21, 2010, 12:19:50 PM
McDowell said it was great to see his name on the trophy alongside people like Woods, Els and Mickelson, Phil Mick has not won a US Open as yet!

did he not actually say being on the same leader board?

Catch the high ball

Didn't get to see the golf last night, great performance by G Mac, on the scoreboards they were using the European Union flag for his nationality.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

thebigfella

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 21, 2010, 02:29:58 PM
Didn't get to see the golf last night, great performance by G Mac, on the scoreboards they were using the European Union flag for his nationality.

So what?

It was a great achievement and it should be left at that. Why do some people feel the next to detract from a person success by dragging up the old flag and national anthem sh1te over and over again. 

Catch the high ball

Quote from: thebigfella on June 21, 2010, 02:37:25 PM
Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 21, 2010, 02:29:58 PM

So what?

It was a great achievement and it should be left at that. Why do some people feel the next to detract from a person success by dragging up the old flag and national anthem sh1te over and over again.

Thats not what I'm getting at, it just because he used to represented by a Northern Ireland Flag, just wondered why it changed, not that I have aproblem with it.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Capt Pat

Rafferty has had injury issues it says on his wikipedia page. He is also fond of wine it says on his website.

Tyrones own

Am I the only one that picked up on the commentators
saying that "if McDowell was to go ahead and win this, he'll
have gotten a lot of help from the field"
Wtf...and it was said more than once too >:(

Even felt the need to slip in a failed joke about the gulf oil spill  :o
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Billys Boots

Quote"if McDowell was to go ahead and win this, he'll have gotten a lot of help from the field"

What did they mean, or to what were they referring?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Zapatista

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 21, 2010, 04:38:56 PM
Quote"if McDowell was to go ahead and win this, he'll have gotten a lot of help from the field"

What did they mean, or to what were they referring?

Is it a reference to the failures of his opponents?

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tyrones own

Obviously the basic premise of golf in out playing your opponents
didn't seem to apply to McDowell... I suppose a little known golfer
from Ireland shouldn't be able to beat the big boys on the big stage
without " help from the field"
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

- Walter Lippmann

Billys Boots

Ah I see, he was only the best because nobody was better than him.  Interesting.  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...