Derry V Carlow

Started by tonesfirstandlast, June 14, 2010, 10:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rav67

stevecw where would you advise for a few pints before game and that night?

angermanagement

Quote from: stevecw on June 16, 2010, 06:20:39 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 14, 2010, 07:07:22 PM
Stevecw, you keep leaking late goals even in those challenge games against Dublin and Laois, it's like the Carlow defenders are afraid to put in a challenge, stop leaking soft goals and who knows..

Yeah its the goals that are killing us. We concede way too many, 3 against Wicklow was the difference as we matched them for points. We conceded 4 goals v Dublin and 3 v Laois too. Our backs are very poor, and have been weakened further with an injury and one of them going off to Boston for the summer.
We have 2 really good keepers on the panel but despite how well they play or saves they make, they always end up letting in at least 3 goals thanks to our crap defence. Dreading what the Bradleys & co will do to us Saturday week!!

Is Eion Bradley not suspended ?

Overthebar!

my guess would be:

gillis
ogie mcguckian mcbride
okane b mcgoldrick sean leo
diver, your man from d'given. cant mine his name
kielt, lynch, e brown
crook, muldoon, e bradley

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Overthebar! on June 21, 2010, 04:05:22 PM
my guess would be:

gillis
ogie mcguckian mcbride
kielt, lynch, e brown

Wha?

What dungiven man would you play at midfield?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

wherefromreferee?

In your Endo!

whiskeysteve

no disrespect to him as he would give you 100% but he is never an intercounty midfielder
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 21, 2010, 04:43:50 PM
no disrespect to him as he would give you 100% but he is never an intercounty midfielder

I wasn't suggesting for one minute that he was, I was merely guessing as to who OTB might be referring to.  Trying to get inside the head of a fellow board member is difficult though, as he might mean Paul Murphy!!
In your Endo!

shawshank

Quote from: Overthebar! on June 21, 2010, 04:05:22 PM
my guess would be:

gillis
ogie mcguckian mcbride
kielt, lynch, e brown

e brown, your r a wum, and no PB :D

stevecw

We lost our last challenge on Saturday against Longford 1-11 to 0-11. We were very poor, kicked some terrible wides.
The backs did ok for once, midfield did well, but our lack of scoring forwards is a problem.

stevecw

Quote from: oakleaflad on June 21, 2010, 09:50:11 PM
Agree with stevecw lack of scoring forwards a big problem. any suggestions? what about moore from craigbane did very well for the u21s?

No man, i'm from Carlow!! Thats what the cw at end of my name is!! But hopefully you guys are lacking good forwards too. But somehow doubt you are as bad off in that department as we are!

But was talking to a Longford sub who I know there at the game on Saturday and he said they drew with Derry and bet Westmeath by 11 pts in their previous challenge games. And said that Carlow were as good as both up to the forwards where he said we were terrible as the 14 wides proved.

Aaron Boone

Carlow 8/1 to 10/1 to win this game, a really sporting bet to go for.
10 or 20 quid say.

oakleaflad

I see, still fairly new to this. Well outside of the Bradleys Derry are lacking scorers, possibly Mark Lynch aswell. I hope Carlow are lacking forwards as derry need to improve a lot from the armagh game. In saying that i think they should still win with a few to spare.

stevecw

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 21, 2010, 10:04:21 PM
Carlow 8/1 to 10/1 to win this game, a really sporting bet to go for.
10 or 20 quid say.

No save your money, its 9/1 but not a hope we will win it. It will be at least a 7 point win for Derry, that is for sure.

Overthebar!

mckeever is the one, don't think he will be playing mf but prob whb.
and shawshank not on the wind up just don't think paddy bradley will start. time will tell!
ps whats so bad about going out in carlow lynchbhoy? heard that foundry spot isn't too bad...
and steviecw stop talking your chances down so much man!

lynchbhoy

hard to predict the Derry team with so may injuries.
We were scoring well in the challenge match against Donegal, so will prob be rubbish in front of goals the next game out (v carlow).
Cant see McKeever playing midfield, but could see him playing whb with sean Leo going into whf.

lived in carlow for two years. The locals are mostly nice folk, but my own exp (though a long time ago) plus what friends have told me up until a couple of years ago about the place - yer better off going to kilkenny. Though a gang of you could have a good enough time I am sure.