Longford v Mayo 26th June

Started by Redgreenery, June 13, 2010, 09:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

The Forfeit Point

tbh i didnt think we had a hope. i was gladly proven wrong. a proud longfordian tonight  :)

Billys Boots

Youse Mayo lads can't say I didn't tell you it was coming.  This is not a fluke, it's hard to win in Pearse Park - ask Kerry, Dublin, Derry and Down.

I'd like to stay, but I need to go for a mutter in the garden now.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

magickingdom

fair play longford fully deserved after the last few years

Chimley

Well at least they can go on the trip to Portugal they missed now that the championship is over for the year

Billys Boots

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on June 26, 2010, 08:59:53 PM
tbh i didnt think we had a hope. i was gladly proven wrong. a proud longfordian tonight  :)

I don't know how you weren't expecting this - it's not as if we don't have previous for this sort of thing, and the morale of the opposition was low before the game.  Probably the worst Longford team in living memory, but on a summer's evening in Pearse Park ....

Qwerty28

Who do we want now lads?!  No one will fancy coming to fortress Pearse Park!!

Over the moon, had a good feeling beforehand but didnt think we'd actually do it. Heard Damien Sheridan on shannonside afterwards, very determined and felt team deserved bit of a break this year. Just reading results out on Radio 1 again, wont get tired of that!!

Also hurlers into Lory Meagher final, good day all round!!

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 26, 2010, 09:08:47 PM
Quote from: The Forfeit Point on June 26, 2010, 08:59:53 PM

I don't know how you weren't expecting this - it's not as if we don't have previous for this sort of thing, and the morale of the opposition was low before the game.  Probably the worst Longford team in living memory, but on a summer's evening in Pearse Park ....

this is why, i mean only beating london and kilkenny in the league. i expected a decent hard working, respectable performance but not a win. as i said, gladly proven wrong. pearse park really is a difficult place for opponents though it seems.

all thats needed now is to draw cork away  ;)

Billys Boots

It doesn't matter to me who we draw next FP, my in-laws (in Mayo) are going to get it in the neck for a while.

Lar Naparka

it's just been announced on MWR that John O'Mahony has stepped down.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 26, 2010, 09:17:35 PM
It doesn't matter to me who we draw next FP, my in-laws (in Mayo) are going to get it in the neck for a while.

would love a weekend trip like '06 again  :)

Redgreenery

Wow, what a bad match. One of the worst i've been at ever. Mayo were more pathetic than Longford and good riddance to Johonno. Major redo of the whole mayo team needed.

joemamas

Quote from: Redgreenery on June 26, 2010, 10:12:12 PM
Wow, what a bad match. One of the worst i've been at ever. Mayo were more pathetic than Longford and good riddance to Johonno. Major redo of the whole mayo team needed.

More than the team I am afraid.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Redgreenery on June 26, 2010, 10:12:12 PM

Thanks for the compliments.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

BallyhaiseMan

GOWAN the Larries!!!!!
great win lads,well done.