Longford v Mayo 26th June

Started by Redgreenery, June 13, 2010, 09:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Real1995

That is a shockin result for Mayo.....never saw that result comin
Nice guys always finish second!

screenexile

Quote from: Tatler Jack on June 26, 2010, 08:35:42 PM
Hard to believe that a year that started so well for Mayo has ended up like this. I look forward to the inquest. But the focus must be on Johnno's failures considering he has more talent at his disposal than most counties.

You should start there!!!!!

An Gaeilgoir

Back to square one, end of this set-up, management and a lot of players. Bringing BJP on to win a game, summed up the night's work. Well done Longford know a few of the lads, am delighted for them, it goes to show what heart, determination and a desire to win can do for a team. All the attributes that bar Freeman and Dillon were lacking in our team. All the great men that have worn the famous green and red down the years must be ashamed of this set up and crop of players. John o will have plenty of time now for the politics. Back to square one, another 50 years of waiting.

MadMayo

We were beaten by Sligo, we were beaten by Longford. Christ almighty.  :-X
Rope will be sold on prescription only for another while in Mayo.
Bring back John Maughan.  :P

Schkite

Well done to Longford, but what the hell is up with Mayo!? Shocking result altogether.

Tatler Jack

Quote from: joemamas on June 26, 2010, 08:37:27 PM
An inquest by who,  the fffinn county board or some mickey mouse committee set up by them. bullshi*.

I meant the inquest on here. I am sure it will run to 50+pages at least. I am genuinely sorry for the real Mayo fans who do not deserve this. However I must say I am delghted for my neigbours accross the Shannon - big wins like this are rare enough for them.

joemamas

Quote from: MadMayo on June 26, 2010, 08:41:41 PM
We were beaten by Sligo, we were beaten by Longford. Christ almighty.  :-X
Rope will be sold on prescription only for another while in Mayo.
Bring back John Maughan.  :P

no no please no.  lets start afresh

Halfquarter

Its not possible to win matches chopping and changing the team for every match ( and during the match !).
After nearly 4 years in charge JOM should know his best team by now,he does not seem to have any faith in
the players that he picks,he drops them like a shot.
If he has no confidence  in the players that he picks how does he expect them to deliver.

Blue and Navy

They have to walk, what is going on when McGarrity and T Mort are mainstays all year then not even brought in in a fight. Sad sad day. I'm in shock, to be honest, the lads try their best but what else is needed? Are Mayo deluding themselves. Are we at at Longford's level now, no disrespect but i mean, 12-20th teams in the country?

Shrewdness

Thought Mayo would snatch this at the death. As a Rossie, i better congratulate our Longford neighbours on a remarkable victory.

Hard to believe how Mayo have sunk so low after having a good league campaign before the final.
As a neutral, i don't know about all the intricate ins and outs of Mayo football, but i have a feeling that the road back for this Mayo team will be a long and difficult one.
Many members of that panel have shot their bolt and are finished at inter county level.

Shrewdness

Quote from: ross4life on June 26, 2010, 08:34:51 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on June 26, 2010, 08:27:07 PM
Expect Mayo to now win this in a strong finish

I hope you didn't have money on it?

No Ross, too much sense for that.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Qwerty28

Great performance and result...absolutely delighted!!

Only thing is I didnt head down and Im raging....listened to finish on local radio on internet and dancing round the house. Wearing my jersey out 2nite!!!!!    ;D

seafoid

Delighted for Shamrock shore and billys boots but what is up with Mayo?

Mac2

Well done Longford great result, ye've actually done Mayo a favour by bringing forward the inevitable.