Longford v Mayo 26th June

Started by Redgreenery, June 13, 2010, 09:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spuds

longfords future not the quickest carrying a bitta poundage but not without talent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGxXTLCFYxI
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Hardy

... then we'll have to have:

So boys stick together in all kinds of weather.
Don't show the white feather wherever you go.
Be like a brother and help one another
Like true hearted men from the County Mayo

I won't be able to make it on Saturday, but I'm practising my muttering in the back garden. It's going well so far and I managed a 90-second non-stop mutter yesterday evening. I'm not sure what I'm muttering about yet, but I'm sure that'll come to me with time.

small white mayoman

here is one for you to practice mr hardy sir

hay hay bale it bale it
hay hay bale it bale it
will galway beat mayo
not if they have willie joe
haven't a hope of beatin mayo
not if they have willie joe

All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Billys Boots

QuoteI'm not sure what I'm muttering about yet, but I'm sure that'll come to me with time.

The auditors say that to qualify for true-Larry status, the muttering doesn't necessarily have to be about anything football-related. 

Possible topics suggested include: stupid bad weather, stupid good weather, the price of ... (anything really), the terrible state of affairs, the comparatively less terrible state of affairs way back when, the appropriacy of conditions for rearing turf, the appropriacy of conditions for rearing potatoes (or other arable crops), the appropriacy of conditions for rearing children, the adequacy of quality of various imbibables in local hostelries (this is not an exhaustive list).  It is advised that practice makes perfect.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

REDCOL

Probable team for weekend

Clarke

Barrett  Cafferkey   Howley
Vaughan  Higgins   Mc Loughlin

S O Se  R Mc Garrity

Moran   A O Se    Dillon
Ronladson    Moran  Freeman

6 changes from Sligo, with both Morts gone

moysider

Quote from: REDCOL on June 22, 2010, 03:22:11 PM

Clarke

S O Se  R Mc Garrity

Moran   A O Se    Dillon

Where did you find this?

REDCOL

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on June 22, 2010, 02:49:52 PM

I won't be able to make it on Saturday, but I'm practising my muttering in the back garden. It's going well so far and I managed a 90-second non-stop mutter yesterday evening. I'm not sure what I'm muttering about yet, but I'm sure that'll come to me with time.

A good mutter would start off on the Rossies and then move on to the weather and the price of hoggets before a segue into the youth and loud music before winding up on politicians and that shower up in dublin. 

Billys Boots

Quotethe Rossies

Who are these people?  What is their purpose?  What have they got to do with us Larries?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

moysider

More of the usual from Johnno in The Mayo News. As I predicted there will probably no team until just before throw-in. Just to keep interest and debate dampened down of course.

O'Mahony set to ring changes

New-look team likely for Qualifier away to Longford

Daniel Carey

MAYO manager John O'Mahony may not announce his team to play Longford in the first round of the All-Ireland SFC qualifiers until shortly before throw-in on Saturday.
The Ballaghaderreen clubman said it will be "Thursday night at the earliest" and "maybe even Saturday evening" before the starting 15 is named.
Asked about the prospect of changes from the side which lost to Sligo, O'Mahony said: "Obviously, our selection will reflect what happened in Sligo as well as what has happened since."
Speculation is mounting that there could be up to six changes for the Longford game. Four players who missed out on the Sligo match through injury or illness (Chris Barrett, Trevor Howley, Pat Harte and Alan Dillon) are now available for selection.
Barry Moran, who came on against Sligo, could also be in line for a starting place, as could Breaffy's Aidan O'Shea.
Aidan Kilcoyne came on for Knockmore for his first game since suffering knee ligament damage, but is "unlikely" to feature on Saturday, said O'Mahony, who expects "a difficult game" against Longford.
Mayo got together last Monday week, the night after the draw – "We wanted to focus on looking forward... as well as looking back, we wanted to finish up looking forward", said O'Mahony.
Asked about the main problem areas identified from the Sligo game, the manager preferred to concentrate on Mayo's next challenge.
"I think what we need to do at the minute is to play the game. I think enough analysis has gone on without us ... we have it done for ourselves, and other people have it done and they've come to their conclusions. But I hope that we'll see the right answers on Saturday evening."

western exile

Quote from: moysider on June 22, 2010, 04:16:57 PM
More of the usual from Johnno in The Mayo News. As I predicted there will probably no team until just before throw-in. Just to keep interest and debate dampened down of course.

O'Mahony set to ring changes

New-look team likely for Qualifier away to Longford

Daniel Carey

MAYO manager John O'Mahony may not announce his team to play Longford in the first round of the All-Ireland SFC qualifiers until shortly before throw-in on Saturday.
The Ballaghaderreen clubman said it will be "Thursday night at the earliest" and "maybe even Saturday evening" before the starting 15 is named.
Asked about the prospect of changes from the side which lost to Sligo, O'Mahony said: "Obviously, our selection will reflect what happened in Sligo as well as what has happened since."
Speculation is mounting that there could be up to six changes for the Longford game. Four players who missed out on the Sligo match through injury or illness (Chris Barrett, Trevor Howley, Pat Harte and Alan Dillon) are now available for selection.
Barry Moran, who came on against Sligo, could also be in line for a starting place, as could Breaffy's Aidan O'Shea.
Aidan Kilcoyne came on for Knockmore for his first game since suffering knee ligament damage, but is "unlikely" to feature on Saturday, said O'Mahony, who expects "a difficult game" against Longford.
Mayo got together last Monday week, the night after the draw – "We wanted to focus on looking forward... as well as looking back, we wanted to finish up looking forward", said O'Mahony.
Asked about the main problem areas identified from the Sligo game, the manager preferred to concentrate on Mayo's next challenge.
"I think what we need to do at the minute is to play the game. I think enough analysis has gone on without us ... we have it done for ourselves, and other people have it done and they've come to their conclusions. But I hope that we'll see the right answers on Saturday evening."
He couldn't be talking about us on this board, could he?  8)

Barney

REDCOL does have a good history on team announcements - remember how we were up in arms and laughed at him before the Sligo game!

I would be happy with this team if it was what is named. Nearer to the best available from the panel.

Mayo GAA

Unfortunately the minor game is going ahead at 5pm so Mayo supporters who wish to watch both games are caught in a bind. Not ideal at all.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: REDCOL on June 22, 2010, 03:22:11 PM

Clarke

S O Se  R Mc Garrity

Moran   A O Se    Dillon

That's what I'm hearing too RedCol, except that Harte is in contention to bump McGarrity out. But injury could restrict that move - maybe Moysider knows the sceal there?

It would be some turnaround that, if that team goes out. Has JOM the balls to go through with such a changed team and, crucially, admit he made a balls of picking the team for the Sligo game? Time will tell. In fairness on our last early sojourn to the qualifiers in 2007 he brought in Barry Moran, Tom Cunniffe, Pierce Hanley and David Kilcullen and moved Trevor Mort to wing-back. The precendent is there. Big question - who will captain that team? Clarke I'd say.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Hardy on June 22, 2010, 02:49:52 PM
... then we'll have to have:

So boys stick together in all kinds of weather.
Don't show the white feather wherever you go.
Be like a brother and help one another
Like true hearted men from the County Mayo

God help us, Hardy, you seem to have an errant gene or two in your makeup!
I'll bet if you check your family tree, there's a Mayo ancestor in there somewhere. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi