Baile Átha Cliath v Loch Garman LSFC 13/06/2010

Started by Dinny Breen, June 08, 2010, 10:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: INDIANA on June 08, 2010, 02:48:02 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 08, 2010, 12:37:04 PM
I think Indiana just means the sense of fear isn't what it should be because of Dublins abject failure in the All-Ireland series, how can one respect that kind of failure?

Exactly what I mean. But the team in the early to mid 90's used to beat teams before a ball was thrown in simply because other teams especially in Leinster didn't think they could beat them. Far cry from that now.
The low key build up is nice to be honest. Fed up with all the fawning shite bullshit artists like Colm Keyes regularly dish up on Dublin at the commencement of the championship.
I think this will be tight enough on Sunday. Which would be no harm to be honest. Can't take anyone for granted anymore especially after last weekend.

But i would be concerned if end up playing Meath in the semi.

So winning Leinster 5 years in a row and only losing to Kerry/Tyrone is enough to have Leinster teams thinking they can beat us??

boro

Quote from: thejuice on June 08, 2010, 04:38:55 PM
Did Mattie Forde not rule himself out of this game? Certain I read it recently. Would be great if he does play though.

That was just spoffin. Matty will start

INDIANA

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on June 08, 2010, 04:47:32 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on June 08, 2010, 02:48:02 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 08, 2010, 12:37:04 PM
I think Indiana just means the sense of fear isn't what it should be because of Dublins abject failure in the All-Ireland series, how can one respect that kind of failure?

Exactly what I mean. But the team in the early to mid 90's used to beat teams before a ball was thrown in simply because other teams especially in Leinster didn't think they could beat them. Far cry from that now.
The low key build up is nice to be honest. Fed up with all the fawning shite bullshit artists like Colm Keyes regularly dish up on Dublin at the commencement of the championship.
I think this will be tight enough on Sunday. Which would be no harm to be honest. Can't take anyone for granted anymore especially after last weekend.

But i would be concerned if end up playing Meath in the semi.

So winning Leinster 5 years in a row and only losing to Kerry/Tyrone is enough to have Leinster teams thinking they can beat us??

We didn't lose mate in 2008/2009. We capitulated to the extent our manhood has been brought into question. Had we lost by a point or two its a different story. Losing by 12 and 18 points brings into question whether we have any brass ones left hanging.

The Aristocrat

Wexford favorites for this game, Dubs are missing 12 players including dropping 2 all stars and a hospital full of injuries.

Meath favorites for Leinster now after Kildare got beat.

Main Street

According to Jason Ryan this evening,  Matty is a major doubt but is still being considered.

Hound

Dublin team named:

Stephen Cluxton (Parnell's)
Michael Fitzsimons (Cuala) - Rory O'Carroll (Kilmacud) - Philly McMahon (Ballymun)
Denis Bastick (Templeogue SS) - Cian O'Sullivan (Kilmacud) - Barry Cahill (St Brigid's)
Eamon Fennell (O'Toole's) - Ross McConnell (Plunkett's)
Niall Corkery (Kilmacud) - David Henry (Raheny) - Paul Flynn (Fingallians)
Conal Keaney (Ballyboden) - Bernard Brogan (Plunkett's) - Kevin McManamon (St Jude's)

Darren Magee, Paul Casey, Kevin Bonner, Alan Hubbard and Ross O'Carroll all confirmed as not available for selection. O'Sullivan, Cahill and Flynn will all undergo further fitness checks later in the week but are now expected to be ok. Bar Cahill, its pretty much a brand new defence.

Alan Brogan would be a surprise omission for many, although it has been flagged for a while. He's presumably not 100% fit and will be on the bench.

Zapatista

Quote from: Hound on June 09, 2010, 08:46:03 AM

Alan Brogan would be a surprise omission for many, although it has been flagged for a while. He's presumably not 100% fit and will be on the bench.

He has no luck. I hope he can recover fully soon.

Hardy

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on June 09, 2010, 08:46:03 AM
Dublin team named:

Stephen Cluxton (Parnell's)
Michael Fitzsimons (Cuala) - Rory O'Carroll (Kilmacud) - Philly McMahon (Ballymun)
Denis Bastick (Templeogue SS) - Cian O'Sullivan (Kilmacud) - Barry Cahill (St Brigid's)
Eamon Fennell (O'Toole's) - Ross McConnell (Plunkett's)
Niall Corkery (Kilmacud) - David Henry (Raheny) - Paul Flynn (Fingallians)
Conal Keaney (Ballyboden) - Bernard Brogan (Plunkett's) - Kevin McManamon (St Jude's)

Darren Magee, Paul Casey, Kevin Bonner, Alan Hubbard and Ross O'Carroll all confirmed as not available for selection. O'Sullivan, Cahill and Flynn will all undergo further fitness checks later in the week but are now expected to be ok. Bar Cahill, its pretty much a brand new defence.

Heard Cahill is 50/50 at best. Alan Brogan on one toe would still be one of our best forwards. I like the full back line. I don't like the middle third from half backs to half forwards. Totally unbalanced.

INDIANA

Hardy

I know Connolly has disappointed in his rate of progress, but he's still the best footballer that I've seen on the Dublin panel (apart, maybe from the Brogans). Corkery must be some player.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hardy on June 09, 2010, 09:34:52 AM
I know Connolly has disappointed in his rate of progress, but he's still the best footballer that I've seen on the Dublin panel (apart, maybe from the Brogans). Corkery must be some player.

Its not Connolly's talent that means he misses out on decisions like this. If he got his head right and totally applied himself he would be a multiple allstar but he hasn't to date. Hopefully his return to the panel at the end of the league indicates he's going to commit himself fully to this now.

Corkery a completely different type of player. Worker, good fielder of the ball. Dublin are not great at catching ball at midfield and thats why I'd suspect him and Bastic are in. Hence the reason why I'd be worried. Whether Wexford have a midfield to exploit that I don't know. To date they probably haven't. But the likes of Meath and Laois probably do.

As we saw with Armagh last sunday. Teams that don't catch well at midfield struggle against good opposition.

Hound

Connolly will never have the head for half forward in my opinion, and when he's picked that's where he always gets played. Too much thinking, tactics, workrate, off the ball running etc. Put him in full forward, tell him to catch it and kick it, and he'd be excellent.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on June 09, 2010, 10:04:04 AM
Connolly will never have the head for half forward in my opinion, and when he's picked that's where he always gets played. Too much thinking, tactics, workrate, off the ball running etc. Put him in full forward, tell him to catch it and kick it, and he'd be excellent.

I agree with that assessment. And I've been watching him for years now. He gave Anthony Moyles a trimming there in the league not so long ago. But hasn't bene played there since. However Bernard Brogan plays there so he isn't going to get that shirt. I take it Alan Brogan is injured (I've heard differing reports hence why I haven't commented on it) because if he is fully fit I'm going to do my nut.

heffo

Quote from: Hardy on June 09, 2010, 09:34:52 AM

Agree 100% with Indiana - talent-wise he's out of this world, but he has to deliver on that at some stage - this is his fourth season of senior IC football - aside from a couple of glimpses here and there he's done nothing to deserve being near the team.

Like Indy said Barry Cahill 50/50 at best - I'd say his chances are less than that

It's going to be an early summer for the Dubs - Meath for Leinster