Calling any automotive legal eagles

Started by sammymaguire, June 06, 2010, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cde

Prentice are not far behind them especially if you are from a republican area

Down South

Quote from: sammymaguire on June 07, 2010, 09:42:13 AM
:D :D :D this is ridiculous!!! BEWARE OF BMW! LESSON BEING LEARNT

Beware of BMW, why exactly? You bought a car that worked perfectly well for 2 years, you had no issue with the car, or the dealer until one thing went wrong. Then because of that fault you are on here complaining that the car and indeed the dealer are not fit for purpose. As I said in a previous post things break for many reasons that are beyond the manufacturers and even the dealers control, but you, like so many today have to look for a scapegoat. It has to be someone elses fault, I suppose where there is blame there will be a claim.
You weren't complaining when the dealer organised the finance for a car that you clearly couldn't afford, you weren't running to the finance company during the first 2 years of your lease agreement when things were going well, but as soon as one thing goes wrong its everyone Else's fault. Catch a grip and pay up, or would you like to pay that off monthly too.  ::)

The naming of dealerships on a widely read internet forum could have serious repercussions, the comments should be deleted. Where did hardstation here this rumour, in the back of a black taxi on his way home from the broo?

gallsman

Quote from: Down South on June 07, 2010, 11:08:30 AM

Beware of BMW, why exactly? You bought a car that worked perfectly well for 2 years, you had no issue with the car, or the dealer until one thing went wrong. Then because of that fault you are on here complaining that the car and indeed the dealer are not fit for purpose. As I said in a previous post things break for many reasons that are beyond the manufacturers and even the dealers control, but you, like so many today have to look for a scapegoat. It has to be someone elses fault, I suppose where there is blame there will be a claim.
You weren't complaining when the dealer organised the finance for a car that you clearly couldn't afford, you weren't running to the finance company during the first 2 years of your lease agreement when things were going well, but as soon as one thing goes wrong its everyone Else's fault. Catch a grip and pay up, or would you like to pay that off monthly too.  ::)

The naming of dealerships on a widely read internet forum could have serious repercussions, the comments should be deleted. Where did hardstation here this rumour, in the back of a black taxi on his way home from the broo?

Stop being an absolute tit.

sammy has pointed out that BMW itself has admitted this particular fault is a little too frequent in its cars and then other people backed him up by talking about experiences they were aware of with a particular BMW garage in Belfast. I can't speak for hs, but the case I cited involves a close family member so I have absolute belief and certainty in the authenticity of my claims, so why the hell should I delete anything?

Cde

and the case I quoted involves me so I know for sure it happened unfortunately   >:(

sammymaguire

1 Beware of BMW, why exactly? You bought a car that worked perfectly well for 2 years, you had no issue with the car, or the dealer until one thing went wrong. Then because of that fault you are on here complaining that 2 the car and indeed the dealer are 2 not fit for purpose. As I said in a previous post things break for many reasons that are beyond the manufacturers and even the dealers control, but you, like so many today have to look for a scapegoat. It has to be 3 someone elses fault, I suppose where there is blame there will be a claim.
You weren't complaining when the dealer organised the finance for a 4 car that you clearly couldn't afford, you 5 weren't running to the finance company during the first 2 years of your lease agreement when things were going well, but as soon as one thing goes wrong its everyone Else's fault. Catch a grip and pay up, or would you like to pay that off monthly too.  ::)

Point No.1 - their customer service is paltry, they have been very poor in accepting that the car which they have provided us with is faulty and under the consumer protection act, they have a case to answer. Who expects a BMW to pack in after only 4 years on the road due to a technical fault?

Point No.2 - The car is not driveable at the moment, this is a fact.

Point No.3 - We paid £487 for its last service in Aug last year, no-one mentioned the fact that an X3 is liable to have this fault and that some precautionary measures need to be taken to prevent this, we have driven the car with care and it has not had any incidents caused by our ownership to make this happen.

Point No.4 - What makes you say this? We can afford the car, we just refuse to pay an exorbitant amount of money to repair it as it should not be broken in the first place you plank! Labour costs at BMW is in the region of £90 / hour, my feeling is they should amend this to rectify the problem to a more reasonable amount. I would pay a certain amount to get this fixed, just not £3k

Point No.5 - what should we have done?? Send them a bottle of champers as a thanks for setting this up and the fact they were doing this as a charitable donation to our well-being?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

illdecide

Hey there Down South...do you happen do deal in cars by any chance :D :D :D and if not i think you need to take your face for a sh1te ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Lecale2

The turbo went in my BMW 3 months ago but that was after 8 years and 140k miles. Local mechanic replaced it for £1,200 all in which I thought was a fair price given the new turbo cost over £900. Its going well now.

According to the mechanic the turbo usually lasts 100,000 miles but will go earlier if not treated well. It needs warmed up at the start of a journey and allowed to cool down at the end. He's noticed a lot of them going early in the city where they seem to being used by women for the school run and other short journeys to the shops.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 07, 2010, 02:31:33 PM
The turbo went in my BMW 3 months ago but that was after 8 years and 140k miles. Local mechanic replaced it for £1,200 all in which I thought was a fair price given the new turbo cost over £900. Its going well now.

According to the mechanic the turbo usually lasts 100,000 miles but will go earlier if not treated well. It needs warmed up at the start of a journey and allowed to cool down at the end. He's noticed a lot of them going early in the city where they seem to being used by women for the school run and other short journeys to the shops.

this we could have stomached, there's a certain amount of value for money in your scenario lecale and I am not saying that all BMW cars are crap cos they are not nor have they been manufactured to below acceptable standards nor am I a tight bsatrad in general daily life situations and can accept paying for something whatever the price if you feel its worth it, but this situation is really grinding my gears and its the dealership which has alot to answer for here in my opinion - I'm getting ready for the radio Bud  ;)  :D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

High Wide and Handsome

Heard something similar to this a month back. A guy I know used a Car dealership from Belfast to purchase the car and service it regularly. The car ended up needing a new engine after less than 80k and costing him over £2k. The dealership did nothing for him but reduce the labour rate as he had used them frequently. Was slightly harsh but the car was absolutely useless without being fixed.
"Swing er over!"

Down South

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 07, 2010, 02:31:33 PM

Most people just switch their car off at the end of a journey, they dont realise that the turbo needs to cool down. Short journeys do a lot of damage to modern engines, but it is convenient for idiots to blame manufacturers and dealers when they havent got a clue that they are doing anything wrong.

Cde

who leaves their car running after a journey and where in the manual does it say you have to leave the car running for x amount of time after you drive it.

Down South

Quote from: sammymaguire on June 07, 2010, 12:17:22 PM

1 Beware of BMW, why exactly? You bought a car that worked perfectly well for 2 years, you had no issue with the car, or the dealer until one thing went wrong. Then because of that fault you are on here complaining that 2 the car and indeed the dealer are 2 not fit for purpose. As I said in a previous post things break for many reasons that are beyond the manufacturers and even the dealers control, but you, like so many today have to look for a scapegoat. It has to be 3 someone elses fault, I suppose where there is blame there will be a claim.
You weren't complaining when the dealer organised the finance for a 4 car that you clearly couldn't afford, you 5 weren't running to the finance company during the first 2 years of your lease agreement when things were going well, but as soon as one thing goes wrong its everyone Else's fault. Catch a grip and pay up, or would you like to pay that off monthly too.  ::)

Point No.1 - their customer service is paltry, they have been very poor in accepting that the car which they have provided us with is faulty and under the consumer protection act, they have a case to answer. Who expects a BMW to pack in after only 4 years on the road due to a technical fault?

Point No.2 - The car is not driveable at the moment, this is a fact.

Point No.3 - We paid £487 for its last service in Aug last year, no-one mentioned the fact that an X3 is liable to have this fault and that some precautionary measures need to be taken to prevent this, we have driven the car with care and it has not had any incidents caused by our ownership to make this happen.

Point No.4 - What makes you say this? We can afford the car, we just refuse to pay an exorbitant amount of money to repair it as it should not be broken in the first place you plank! Labour costs at BMW is in the region of £90 / hour, my feeling is they should amend this to rectify the problem to a more reasonable amount. I would pay a certain amount to get this fixed, just not £3k

Point No.5 - what should we have done?? Send them a bottle of champers as a thanks for setting this up and the fact they were doing this as a charitable donation to our well-being?

Point 1. Their customer service is excellent. They are offering to pay part of the cost, when in fact they could legitimately tell you were to go.

Pont 2. That is your own fault, not the manufacturers.

Point 3. See Lecales post re Turbo care. Its not always someone elses fault when you are in the wrong.

Point 4. If you could afford the car you would not be paying it off monthly. Keeping up with the Joneses has its price. you were paying main dealer prices for servicing a car that was out of warranty, are you mad in the head or just stupid? Once a car is out of warranty you either renew the warranty and keep getting it serviced at the dealers or you take it to a local garage.  I`ll bet you are the type of customer who gets new pads and discs every second service. Dealers love punters like you, you are their bread and butter. The service department, like the sales dept have monthly/quarterly targets. It is a sale to them pure and simple, the next time you speak to the service manager and see his new Breitling watch, remember that you bought it for him.

Point 5. You are a consumer, no one forced you to buy an X3, no one forced you to take it to the £100 an hour dealer. You are a victim of yourself and your aspirations. Why dont you trade it back in to the dealers, maybe buy the new X1 this time and look an even bigger eejit. Do you call it a 4x4?

Puckoon

Why is the breaking down of a fully serviced pretty new car sammys fault and not a manufacturers defect 5ive Times?

Id agree with your point that sometimes things just break and it is tough shite - and I am somewhat impressed that they are offering to meeting him anywhere along the road to help him out. I dont understand though how the car breaking is his fault?

Down South

Quote from: Cde on June 07, 2010, 09:17:56 PM
who leaves their car running after a journey and where in the manual does it say you have to leave the car running for x amount of time after you drive it.

Ask your mechanic what you should do. The problem these days is that the average motorist knows nothing about car maintenance. Most cant change a bulb or check oil and water. Its your money.

Cde

I drive a car with a turbo. I bought the car new from the main dealer and no one every told me anything about leaving the car running after a journey. Neither the salesman when I bought it or the mechanic when I took it in to get it serviced.

you would think if this was going to cause as problem they would let you know