Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you like to see as Mayo Manager in 2010

James Horan
Tommy Lyons
Anthony McGarry
John Maughan

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 25, 2010, 09:46:33 PM
While we are all against Micko being appointed, are any of us surprised as to what these shower of gombeen hoors in the county board will do at this stage. Maybe they won't appoint him, but anything is possible with these shower in charge. I believe there was no proper debate on the review, just club delegates voicing their anger towards the top table, then the people at the top table called a halt to the proceedings thereafter. It's not good enough. I don't know how they are still getting away with it.

Yeah, just on that point there. Just on that point about the club delegates. Do many on here know who they are? Do we realise that one of the biggest cynics on the night was recently the PRO for the board and a selector at U21 in McStays time. Maybe he s just pissed off now not being a big shot because he s just a blazer - U12s wold pelt him off the field if he tried to train them. Another dissenter was on an interview board that appointed a manager in the 90s. A fella that was lamenting no proper rows in  Mayo games - I suspect he s talking about lack of heart - referees matches with whistling you wouldn't find at a sheep dog trial. It s like tag football . It s a load of balls- a load of posturing. Old scores being settled. The type of stuff that would make most of us run a mile.  I mentioned Ballymagash  before. Y' know that Hall based that on Castlebar UDC meetings. Apparently they were legendary. The stuff just up the road now not far behind.

stephenite

joemamas

Quote from: muppet on August 26, 2010, 01:17:16 AM
Quote from: stephenite on August 26, 2010, 01:08:54 AM
Have you put yourself forward as club delegate Moysider?

Quote from: moysider on August 26, 2010, 12:20:57 AM
They call you, you don't call them.
;D

I know some of us are out of the country, but it seems that we may have a few insomniacs on board. All very good contributors it should be noted.

moysider

No. At least not yet. But wouldn't rule it out. Still prefer to have a more hands-on involvement.

muppet

Quote from: joemamas on August 26, 2010, 01:21:26 AM

;D

I know some of us are out of the country, but it seems that we may have a few insomniacs on board. All very good contributors it should be noted.

I finished work only 2 hours ago. Sleep will arrive shortly............zzzzzzzz
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: joemamas on August 26, 2010, 01:21:26 AM

;D

FFS, just cause I cant sleep there is no need to call me a maniac.

Chimley

If the county board think that the popular choice amonst Mayo supporters is Micko, they are showing how badly out of touch they are.
I would worry that some bollix with more money than sense thinks that Micko is the man and the county board will snap his hand off for a few bob towards the expenses. If this comes to pass then we will see a doubling of journalists and a halving of supporteres at our games next year.

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

JMohan

Everyone here form Mayo is giving out against Micko ... but it's not his fault - have you no one else you can put up against him to run for it?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 26, 2010, 11:39:04 AM
Why are ye so against Micko?

Its the big county mentality Sligonian, we see ourselves as a big county (rightly or wrongly) and he just doesn't suit our needs. How long is it since Micko got a team farther than we have got 5.5 times ourselves in the last 22 years or twice in the last 5. Mayo doesn't need the promotion that counties like Wicklow needed, in fact that was one area I think Johnno did well, lowering expectations, we don't need Micko building them up among the hysteric masses who turn up on A.I. Quarter Final Day, we only need hysterics and mad expectations when we are entering McHale or Dr.Hyde in the first round to defend our All-Ireland Title.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

JMohan

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 26, 2010, 11:50:51 AM

Its the big county mentality Sligonian, we see ourselves as a big county (rightly or wrongly) and he just doesn't suit our needs. How long is it since Micko got a team farther than we have got 5.5 times ourselves in the last 22 years or twice in the last 5. Mayo doesn't need the promotion that counties like Wicklow needed, in fact that was one area I think Johnno did well, lowering expectations, we don't need Micko building them up among the hysteric masses who turn up on A.I. Quarter Final Day, we only need hysterics and mad expectations when we are entering McHale or Dr.Hyde in the first round to defend our All-Ireland Title.

Fair enough - but it looks to me like you've not many other options - unless you can convince Maughan to return?

SLIGONIAN

Thats fair enough, but the way i look at a manager is its all about getting the best out of you and i think in kildare, laois and wicklow he did. If he got the best out of mayo you never know.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: JMohan on August 26, 2010, 11:53:54 AM

Fair enough - but it looks to me like you've not many other options - unless you can convince Maughan to return?

Maughan & Forde as dual managers!!!
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

JMohan

Well joint managers never work IMO - but at least it's an option.
If you don't get one then Micko will be up the road to youse!