James Horan
Tommy Lyons
Anthony McGarry
John Maughan

boosabum

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on September 30, 2010, 10:34:45 AM
Quote from: boosabum on September 30, 2010, 10:14:45 AM
Quote from: ludermor on September 30, 2010, 08:50:43 AM
Must say im delighted with the appointment and i hope realistic targets are put to Horan and he is given time to grow into the job.
Can someone outline what background his selectors and backroom staff have for those of us living away?
James Nallen, 
Paul Jordan
Martin Connelly
Dr Seán Moffatt,
Joe Dawson (physio),
Paul O Grady
Liam Moffatt 
Ed Coughlan
Is it time to take the circus back to the Local Gaa Page?

Lot of backroom staff, i hope they all travel in the same car to keep expenses down :D

Welcome to the board Mr Lambe.

Thanks, i'll have no problem shifting €100 tickets this year and charging €20 for the county finals. Sure, he's paid his way already.
Anyone have a cheap people carrier for sale by the way?

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: boosabum on September 30, 2010, 11:13:47 AM
Must say im delighted with the appointment and i hope realistic targets are put to Horan and he is given time to grow into the job.
Can someone outline what background his selectors and backroom staff have for those of us living away?
James Nallen, 
Paul Jordan
Martin Connelly
Dr Seán Moffatt,
Joe Dawson (physio),
Paul O Grady
Liam Moffatt 
Ed Coughlan

Lot of backroom staff, i hope they all travel in the same car to keep expenses down :D

Thanks, i'll have no problem shifting €100 tickets this year and charging €20 for the county finals. Sure, he's paid his way already.

Talk to Noel Howley
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Tubberman

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on September 30, 2010, 11:15:28 AM
Quote from: boosabum on September 30, 2010, 11:13:47 AM
James Nallen, 
Paul Jordan
Martin Connelly
Dr Seán Moffatt,
Joe Dawson (physio),
Paul O Grady
Liam Moffatt 
Ed Coughlan

Talk to Noel Howley

:D :D You're sharp today!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

supersarsfields

Right lads that's everything sorted now.

Now would ya's get back out to the rest of the threads. The boards got very quiet with all you lads cooped up in here the last while.

magpie seanie

No-one does drama like ye. Obviously from a Sligo point of view I'd have preferred Micko or the Bullshitter King Lyons to be managing Mayo but I think in the end ye have picked the right guy. He may lack experience but I reckon he's just what ye need and will do a fine job. Ye will be much better in 2010 on the back of this.

An Gaeilgoir

This is great news, credit ot the county board, i wouldn't be their biggest fan but this has the potential to be a good move. Heard him been interviewed on the late sports news on radio 1 last night, no bullshit out of him, all about doing the right things in training and how this builds confidence, players working hard, players developing as individuals and as a team. Just to hear the passion and enthuasisim in his voice talking about the job is great. All the best James. Finally one downside is the Ballintubber lads will be hard to listen to now, they are the new power base of Mayo football!!! :D

boosabum

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 30, 2010, 11:37:28 AM
No-one does drama like ye. Obviously from a Sligo point of view I'd have preferred Micko or the Bullshitter King Lyons to be managing Mayo but I think in the end ye have picked the right guy. He may lack experience but I reckon he's just what ye need and will do a fine job. Ye will be much better in 2010 on the back of this.

I hope the drama doesn't get the better of the clogher brigade as they still have a final to contest. With all the best will in the world, it will be hard for James to hit training tonight amid all the euphoria of the last 24 hours with a clear mind. Maybe tubberman can address them tonight to set the focus for the mitchels game

Tubberman

Quote from: boosabum on September 30, 2010, 11:49:29 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 30, 2010, 11:37:28 AM

I hope the drama doesn't get the better of the clogher brigade as they still have a final to contest. With all the best will in the world, it will be hard for James to hit training tonight amid all the euphoria of the last 24 hours with a clear mind. Maybe tubberman can address them tonight to set the focus for the mitchels game

Horan isn't one to get carried away. I'd say the 'tubber players won't see any difference at training - maybe a bollocking to reassure them his mind hasn't started to wander  :D
And Abbeysider is the man on here who is closest to the scene, so he can be the one to deliver the kick up the hole if required  ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

southsider

he'll do well for us, has a good knowledge of the club scene over the last few years so may be a few new faces. read in the independent that he's expected to undertake county wide trials for new talent. has such a system served us well in the past (each club sending a few players to traias ala mickey moran) or have his selectors enough knoweldge of the club scene to know the few thay want. are almost open invite trials are the best way forward or how do we intoduce players to the pool?

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: southsider on September 30, 2010, 02:14:04 PM
he'll do well for us, has a good knowledge of the club scene over the last few years so may be a few new faces. read in the independent that he's expected to undertake county wide trials for new talent. has such a system served us well in the past (each club sending a few players to traias ala mickey moran) or have his selectors enough knoweldge of the club scene to know the few thay want. are almost open invite trials are the best way forward or how do we intoduce players to the pool?

We need to bring players in who have the potential to be county players over the next 18 months, not someone who shines in the rain and muck of the league and come the summer time is at home footing turf. Mayo football is now a long term project, two steps forward and none back as oppossed to the two forward 2.1 steps back, we have had for the past few years.

moysider

Here s a way to keep driving this thread over the 100 page mark lads! From clubs in your area that you know well, what players 19yrs+ are there who have not played senior county but are worth a look. I ll think about it and come back with a couple later. Just to get James started like.

intoDwest

Kiltane, not one good enough, big enough or even physical enough.

Edit to say, Delighted that Horan got the Job, now we just have to let him get on with it. All I want to see is a Mayo team compete to its potential and where ever that lands us so be it!!

southsider

Quote from: moysider on September 30, 2010, 03:39:14 PM

Here s a way to keep driving this thread over the 100 page mark lads! From clubs in your area that you know well, what players 19yrs+ are there who have not played senior county but are worth a look. I ll think about it and come back with a couple later. Just to get James started like.

lord above add a zero to that page mark!

southsider

Quote from: moysider on September 30, 2010, 03:39:14 PM

seriously though i'd only have a fair idea of south mayo so here goes.

Neale - E Hughes
Kilmaine - P Doherty (not sure if he's played before), J Maloney
Shrule - most have already had a shot
Garrymore - C Crowe, D Dolan
Hollymount - C Connolly
Ballinrobe - D Killeen, J O Malley
Davitts - not sure of them (boyle, mcnamara and carey all have played for mayo)
Carramore - not sure about their players also.

Thats an attemp. open to opinions and bein lynched

Chimley

Quote from: intoDwest on September 30, 2010, 03:46:31 PM
Kiltane, not one good enough, big enough or even physical enough.

Edit to say, Delighted that Horan got the Job, now we just have to let him get on with it. All I want to see is a Mayo team compete to its potential and where ever that lands us so be it!!

I thought they bred them big and tough out that way?