Israel Attack Humanitarian Ship, 10 men killed

Started by give her dixie, May 31, 2010, 03:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/291033-3

@ 15.12 caller rings to say he is sick and tired of American soldiers dying in Israel's wars

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 30, 2011, 09:34:51 PM
Exactly what does Israel have to do before its amabassador ito Ireland is shown the door?

Give us enough money to be independent of the USA. Then we can follow our moral compasses. If Turkey (incredibly) turns a blind eye to acts like this, obviously by Israel, on its sovereign territory, don't expect us to do anything.
MWWSI 2017

ExcellentDriver

http://url.ie/c45o

Israel was born out of Anti-British Terrorism (ie. The Stern Gang) and now that instinct for Terrorism is continuing.

Zionism seeks the destruction of Christendom and they hope that antagonising the Islamic World will do it for them (ie. Mass Immigration of Muslims with an agenda into Western Nations).
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

muppet

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on July 01, 2011, 12:16:34 AM

Israel was born out of Anti-British Terrorism (ie. The Stern Gang) and now that instinct for Terrorism is continuing.

Zionism seeks the destruction of Christendom and they hope that antagonising the Islamic World will do it for them (ie. Mass Immigration of Muslims with an agenda into Western Nations).

Is there not enough to justify criticism of the Israeli Government without this lunacy?
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2011, 12:19:30 AM

Is there not enough to justify criticism of the Israeli Government without this lunacy?
Of course there is but in my experiences, this is typical of the brain washed ignorance that's
clearly evident when I'm back there  ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

seafoid

Quote from: Tyrones own on July 01, 2011, 05:50:55 AM

Of course there is but in my experiences, this is typical of the brain washed ignorance that's

Maybe tyrone's own and Excellent Driver could get together and have kids.
Republican antisemitic no taxes gun loving conspiracy theorists  - imagine the fruit
as Ardboe under 14 corner forwards. 

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on July 01, 2011, 10:12:12 AM
Quote from: Tyrones own on July 01, 2011, 05:50:55 AM

Maybe tyrone's own and Excellent Driver could get together and have kids.
Republican antisemitic no taxes gun loving conspiracy theorists  - imagine the fruit
as Ardboe under 14 corner forwards.

Never mind ExcellentDriver, I want to see Tyrone's Own and Cáthasaigh share their views, under their beloved  tricolour of course.
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Quote from: Hardy on July 05, 2011, 02:16:04 PM
Another view
Yes and a view shared on more than one occasion by a very select
few here on the board...John and his alias' should be along shortly
to put a lid on it cause this type of material does little to aid the
ignorance and propaganda machine.
  - Walter Lippmann

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tyrones own on July 05, 2011, 03:34:16 PM
Another view

That was the first word that came to mind when I read that article alright. Propaganda.

No evidence to discredit the flotilla what-so-ever. I can just imagine an editor saying 'Just talk about the flotilla with multiple references to Hezbollah, the Assad regime, Bin Laden, al-Qaida, Iran etc etc etc..... that ought to do it'.  ::)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

seafoid

Here is an Israeli view . I wonder what the Teaparty man from Tir Eoghain has to say on it.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/opinion/siege-of-gaza-has-become-a-moral-blockade-of-israel-1.371516

Siege of Gaza has become a moral blockade of Israel

Israel is merely one subject out of several that the political - or the apolitical - complaining is busy with.

By Yitzhak Laor

Israel is indeed connected to the centers of power in the world. The predictions of a tsunami at present seem to be exaggerated, but nevertheless, before the victory ball, it is worth remembering - the Israeli occupation is the longest military occupation of modern times. The subjects of the occupation in its two forms - the West Bank and the Gaza Strip - live under a brutal regime that few other occupations allowed themselves, without any law - the blockade and the morbidity rate among children, the roadblocks and the arbitrariness of the soldiers, breaking in to people's homes (imagine your children being awakened at night by the shouting of armed men, breaking down doors and blinding them with flashlights; imagine living without any protection ), the prolonged occupation, a disaster for us and for the Palestinians - because Israel enjoys the support of the West.
The settlements have turned the occupation into something insolvable, at least in the next few decades, so that the occupation will not merely raise another generation of Israeli troopers, egged on by the rabbis of the rabble, but also a third and fourth generation of Palestinians without another kind of life.
The fact that the Gaza Strip has become an international symbol of cruelty is yet further proof of the stupidity of our leaders. Operation Cast Lead and the blockade of Gaza - both of them with broad national consensus - have turned Gaza into a symbol that no longer needs coordination on the part of the Palestinians. Israeli democracy appears as it actually is: In the name of the majority (six million Jews ) it is permitted to do to the minority (five million, in Israel and the territories ) almost anything.
The national minority in Israel has the right to vote but it does not have television of its own ; it has health insurance but also heavy unemployment and infant mortality rates that are much higher than among the Jews (8.3 compared with 3.7 for every 1000 births ). Tel Aviv, which sells itself to the world as a liberal city, is the only metropolis in the West that does not have a Muslim population. Its "coolness" is racist - the 20 percent minority does not appear at all in the life of the city. And it is advisable for propagandists not to point to Jaffa as proof of diversity - Jaffa with its yuppie immigration is a perfect example of apartheid carried out by "secular" and "liberal" Tel Aviv.
Official propaganda, too, will not help. The more pressure Israel brings to bear on centers in the West - countries and media giants - the more the wave against it grows, because the hatred of the occupation and of Israeli racism springs from the knowledge that what Israel does is funded by the West, gets assistance from the West, and from connections with the focuses of power - as a living memorial to colonialism. There is nothing better than the way in which the Greeks thwarted the Gaza aid flotilla's departure to reinforce this. It was not just Greece that thwarted it.
The coalitions that are being organized against Israel in the West include members of the left. There are also many others and not all of them are humanistic. They are not always Jew-lovers. These coalitions will continue to grow as long as the western political community presents itself as "helpless" in the face of Israeli obduracy. Of course it is not helpless, and when it has actual interests, it is capable of behaving in typically western barbaric fashion, as it is doing now in Libya and in Iraq.
The loathing of Israel fits in with the growing anti-establishment wrath, within the context of politics where there is no difference between the parties. The protests in Greece are an example of lack of faith of this kind, which does not spring from the Israeli occupation but from the powerlessness of the masses to influence what is taking place in their countries - economics and war.
Israel is merely one subject out of several that the political - or the apolitical - complaining is busy with. Very few people join flotillas, but many more participate in sending them and even more internalize their oppression. The complaining and mumbling is part of a burgeoning anti-establishment consensus. The record of what is always known as "the hypocritical politicians" has been joined by the hypocritical attitude toward Israeli cruelty.
It is not surprising therefore that the blockade of Gaza is getting tighter in the form of a moral blockade of Israel. Slowly but surely, in a world filled with injustice and war crimes and racism toward minorities and migrants, Israel has learned, during decades of stupidity, how to become the symbol of injustice and these crimes. We are no longer the embodiment of progress, as we were trumpeted as being for a long time, but the exact opposite. And this is truly just the beginning.

Hardy

Quote from: Nally Stand on July 05, 2011, 04:22:26 PM
Another view

That was the first word that came to mind when I read that article alright. Propaganda.

No evidence to discredit the flotilla what-so-ever. I can just imagine an editor saying 'Just talk about the flotilla with multiple references to Hezbollah, the Assad regime, Bin Laden, al-Qaida, Iran etc etc etc..... that ought to do it'.  ::)

Four legs good, two legs bad. My opinion is the truth, everything that disagrees with it is propaganda.

Do you seriously believe Christopher Hitchens is a propandagist for Zionism?

Nally Stand

Quote from: Hardy on July 05, 2011, 04:36:05 PM
Another view

Four legs good, two legs bad. My opinion is the truth, everything that disagrees with it is propaganda.

That's all well and good Hardy, but it doesn't change my point... I simply stated that this article seems to me to be a very lazy piece of writing which relies on the old propaganda tool of mentioning two completely separate things repeatedly in the hope of creating an attachment in the mind of the audience. It's like the old tricks of the Bush Administration when it's key figures repeatedly mentioned Iraq and 9/11 in their speeches. Create a link where no link exists.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Banana Man

Quote from: Hardy on July 05, 2011, 04:36:05 PM
Another view

it reminds me of the family guy episode where Lois was running for Mayor and was losing the crowd - she just said ''9/11 was bad'' - the crowd went nuts everytime

I think Nally's point is valid it's trying to make links without dealing with the issue in isolation imo

Tyrones own

Another view

Funny you left Hamas out of that excuse for a defensive rant ::)
Some of the most rotten to the core individuals i've ever encountered
have had themselves rapped up tightly in the humanitarian blanket
...you just have to peel off a few layers to get to what they're really all about.
they don't come any lower imo
  - Walter Lippmann