Who grassed up on OWC?

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, May 28, 2010, 10:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Maybe we delete all the late night Willie Frazer threads, eh GDA?

Just so nobody takes it the wrong way, you understand.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Minder on May 28, 2010, 05:14:54 PM

To the best of my knowledge minder I've never glouted at any pain suffered by Wullie and anything I have posted about him has been pretty much factual.
Now I did on one occasion post my feelings mixed with straight facts, this thread was deleted as Mod3 thought it was OTT and I respect that.
In fact the only thing I could really be accused of in relation to Wullie is using certain "nouns" when describing him - and I don't think anyone would be in danger of taking it the wrong way!

So no I wouldn't delete them minder.
Tbc....

pintsofguinness

sc**bag comment but then there's plenty of sc**bag comments on here too.

Lazy journalism and lets hope some comments on this board aren't commented on in the papers.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 30, 2010, 12:04:14 PM

To the best of my knowledge minder I've never glouted at any pain suffered by Wullie and anything I have posted about him has been pretty much factual.
Now I did on one occasion post my feelings mixed with straight facts, this thread was deleted as Mod3 thought it was OTT and I respect that.
In fact the only thing I could really be accused of in relation to Wullie is using certain "nouns" when describing him - and I don't think anyone would be in danger of taking it the wrong way!

Those would be adjectives, then, if they're describing him.  ;)

stibhan

No, they wouldn't. They'd be nouns. Adjectives perform a modifying function, not necessarily meaning that they are just 'describing' words.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: hardstation on May 30, 2010, 09:54:00 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 30, 2010, 07:43:10 PM

You're a cnut.
Calling someone a c##t isn't describing them. It's expressing how you feel about them.

Main Street

When I call you a cúnt, it is both a description and an expression.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Main Street on May 30, 2010, 11:05:39 PM
When I call you a cúnt, it is both a description and an expression.
It can only be a description in a metaphorical sense, since a person can't literally be a cnut.

Main Street

Noun

S: (n) cúnt, bitch (a person (usually but not necessarily a woman) who is thoroughly disliked) "she said her son thought Hillary was a bitch"

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Main Street on May 31, 2010, 12:06:48 AM
Noun

S: (n) cúnt, bitch (a person (usually but not necessarily a woman) who is thoroughly disliked) "she said her son thought Hillary was a bitch"
Again, these are examples of nouns as metaphors, given that a bitch is actually a female dog. Also, 'her son thought Hillary was a bitch' is an expression of his feelings rather than a description.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

They are all nouns as I checked before I posted you twat (also a noun).  ;)
Tbc....

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 31, 2010, 09:58:32 AM

They are all nouns as I checked before I posted you t**t (also a noun).  ;)
Didn't say they weren't nouns, if you'd like check.  ;)

A Quinn Martin Production

Lads, do yis not remember your Latin??  The verb "to be" cannot take an object.

e.g.:  You're a cnut. 

"You" and "cnut" are both the subject of the sentence.  They are nouns in apposition.  "Cnut" is said to define or modify "you" rather than describe it...I think!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties