Tyrone v Down USFC Semi Final Sat 19th June

Started by Fuzzman, May 25, 2010, 04:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: Fear Boirche on June 21, 2010, 12:40:40 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 20, 2010, 11:36:23 PM
Mickey Morrisey referred to Dermot Carlin as Martin Carlin and Donal Carlin in a 20 second period.

Marty Morrisey?

See how easy it is to get somebody's name wrong.

Dead right Ban Boirche

Rois

Quote from: Fear Boirche on June 21, 2010, 12:40:40 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 20, 2010, 11:36:23 PM
Mickey Morrisey referred to Dermot Carlin as Martin Carlin and Donal Carlin in a 20 second period.

Marty Morrisey?

See how easy it is to get somebody's name wrong.

Er, think that was hs making a joke.

Fuzz how can you forget 2007 when Brian Dooher scored 5 from play against Donegal to set up a final against Monaghan?!  Then look what happened us later...

Definately thought Sean had more of an impact up front, when the ball was lashed up to him he generally always came off better than his marker and caught it.  Dermot Carlin - probably my man of the match. 

ONeill

Some rare player ratings in the Irish News. I think they gave Justin McMahon and Sean Cavanagh the lowest ratings on the Tyrone side, along with a couple of others.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Catch the high ball

Couldn't go by the Irish News.

In the Down vs Donegal game, they gave a Down player who was on for about 5 minutes a rating of 8. Usually in that scenario they come out with the phrase "Not on long enough to rate".
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Oldhacker

Catch The High Ball, the only Down sub to get a rating of 8 in the IN after the Donegal game was Conor Maginn. He came on in the 47th minute, and was therefore involved for 23 minutes of normal time, plus injury time, plus 20 minutes of extra time, making a total of just under 50 minutes. If you think he was on for `about five minutes', you need a new stopwatch.

EC Unique

Another game where Colm McCullagh keeps the bench warm. What has happened there? He was a very important player in 2008, has he went off the boil or a fallout?

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on June 21, 2010, 04:24:18 PM
Another game where Colm McCullagh keeps the bench warm. What has happened there? He was a very important player in 2008, has he went off the boil or a fallout?

He came on in added time.

EC Unique

Quote from: Zapatista on June 21, 2010, 04:33:56 PM

Sorry Zap I must have missed that. He can't be happy with that. I rate him very highly as a 'play maker'.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Zapatista on June 21, 2010, 04:33:56 PM

The final whistle blew straight after he came on. He's back to a squad-man from the key role in 2008 but he should get a good run-out if the run keeps going.

P.S. Thought the P.A. system in Casement was dreadful on the Terrace side. Had no idea from start-to-finish what yer man was saying cause couldn't hear him. Thousands of others also totally in the dark re subs/minutes silence/minutes extra etc

hairyhog

Not to mention the dull, reflective scoreboard.  Technology my hole, at least you can read painted numbers on slates.

Tyrone Dreamer

Who would people start McCullagh ahead off? He's a good player and was worth his place in 08 but not sure if I'd start him now especially if McGuigan is back on form.

Tyrones own

Can't say I'd disagree with that, he was the main
man in getting us as far as we got last year imo
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: hardstation on June 21, 2010, 11:32:01 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 21, 2010, 11:29:40 PM
Who would people start McCullagh ahead off? He's a good player and was worth his place in 08 but not sure if I'd start him now especially if McGuigan is back on form.
Mulligan?

Don't know a bout that I thought he was great against us. Mc Cullough is some man to bring on of the bench. Imagine some tired defender having to face him he's like a live wire. Subs in todays game are wild important and Tyrone need him hes got what it takes.

imtommygunn

Mulligan was very poor against antrim. He got a great goal alright but he dropped near every ball that went near him asdie from that.

The two tyrone boys beside me spent the whole game chastising him... (and Colm Kavanagh and Davy Harte mind)

Would you play McCullagh corner forward though? He's one I definitely think Mickey Harte doesn't at times give a completely fair crack of the whip too.

What's the story with Mulgrew? Is he just not cutting it?

armaghniac

QuoteThought the P.A. system in Casement was dreadful on the Terrace side. Had no idea from start-to-finish what yer man was saying cause couldn't hear him. Thousands of others also totally in the dark re subs/minutes silence/minutes extra etc

Have to agree with that. At the Armagh v Monaghan game I hadn't a clue what was being said. Loudspeaker technology should be perfectly manageable in this day and age.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B