Tyrone v Down USFC Semi Final Sat 19th June

Started by Fuzzman, May 25, 2010, 04:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eiled in the bushes

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on June 19, 2010, 07:15:01 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 19, 2010, 07:10:50 PM
How did Martin Clarke do?

Failed to impress... again. All the ability, just lacks the temperament. Can't cope when up against quality opposition. Can't do it on the big stage. He'd be sitting on the bench with Coney if he was from Tyrone.
wipe that brown stuff of your chin,he was involved in most of downs good moves in first half. fair enough missed a lot of frees some easy,but would still walk on to any county team.class will tell.  seems to be favoured topic on this site "lets slag of marty clarke".
get some metal in your life

Maguire01

On what basis would he walk onto any county team? He may well turn into a great player but he has yet to prove himself at senior football.

longrunsthefox

The press latch on to people like Clarke and blow them out of all proportion before their careers at senior inter county have barely started. They done the same with Kyle Coney with Tyrone. It is unfair.

johnpower

Quote from: Seany on June 20, 2010, 09:09:27 PM
The 2 McMahons are the best thing to have happened to Tyrone this last few years

Like the McENtees, they add strength and style to the team

They have become the back bone of the team

Zapatista

Fear ón Srath Bán

I'm worried, Pat Spillane couldn't have been more effusive in his genuine praise for Tyrone (on TSG); I thought at one point he would run out of superlatives. Scary shit  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 20, 2010, 11:40:05 PM
I'm worried, Pat Spillane couldn't have been more effusive in his genuine praise for Tyrone (on TSG); I thought at one point he would run out of superlatives. Scary shit  ;)

AH come on are ye ever happy ? What could he say after last night ?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: johnpower on June 20, 2010, 11:41:59 PM

AH come on are ye ever happy ? What could he say after last night ?

I'll get used to it John. What rattled me was how his thoughts on the game tallied exactly with my own, wouldn't say I was unhappy about it though!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zapatista

This time last year he was telling us Kerry were shyte.

He's a cute hoor

Main Street

Quote from: Zapatista on June 20, 2010, 11:48:17 PM

This time last year he was telling us Kerry were shyte.

He's a cute hoor
He was genuine in his praise but was the praise genuine?
So many unanswered questions.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: thewobbler on June 20, 2010, 12:11:21 AM
and if it's broken long or sideways, or is clean caught, your two tenacious game readers miss the first phase of defence.

So you wanna pass up the majority of break ball for a few possible cases?

Quote from: thewobbler on June 20, 2010, 12:11:21 AM
If only football really was this simple.

It is that simple. Experts try to complicate it to justify themselves, but at its core its a pretty simple game.
i usse an speelchekor

Any craic

Danny Ball, Tony Donnelly, Pascal's saves, minor drama and 'fun in the sun' - short videos from Casement are here on the Ulster website - http://ulster.gaa.ie///

Fuzzman

Was an interesting match and looked a scorcher day on the telly

I must say I was worried watching the 1st 20 mins as I thought we looked overrun and not showing any signs of recovery. When Stevie went off I thought the worst and was a bit edgy with the Donegal & Dublin supporters in the inlaw's house who are definite ABT's at this stage until we meet Kerry of course.

Down obviously decided to put a LOT of energy into not letting us get off to a good start and to attack at us is the best way to be beat us. Their midfield looked completely on top with Hub & Colm struggling for the 1st 20 mins.

Still, we showed composure and as a lot of people say now Tyrone don't do panic
We pegged it back slowly and surely with our best player off the field and Mugsy not seeing much action either. I think that's the main difference between us and other teams is when some players don't perform others can step up and take the lead.

I think Sean looked happier in at FF which is a big turnaround or was that just my opinion.

I for one was glad to see Dooher play well though he did get maybe carried away with shooting from difficult positions too much.
Delighted also with young Carlin. He has become a terrier like defender and doesn't do so much headless chicken runs and passes. Still can't decide on Swift. I don't think he's as good as McCarron or PJ was in 2008.

All in all I was happy with the result and feel we're coming along nicely
Far from good enough to beat Cork at last year's level but its only June
Worried about our slow start to both halves & our lack of killer instinct now in two matches

Wee James said he felt Tyrone were only toying with them near the end but the fact remains that had Packie not made that excellent save we could have had a very nerve wrecking ending.

It's been 7 years since we pushed on and give a team a total no holes barred performance since Fermanagh in 2003 1/4 final. Maybe that's cos we're older, wiser, more experienced & don't want to reveal too much or peak too soon. Whatever the reason I hope it doesn't lead  to us getting caught out in the Ulster final or further down the line.

Was delighted for Snout as well to get a good run out. He proved a lot of us wrong and its just a pity he didn't get that point to help his shooting confidence. I for one would be glad to see him start the next day at 11 with Big Sean in at 14 if Stevie is out?
Any word on that heel injury?
None from my end as yet.

omagh_gael

QuoteAny word on that heel injury?
None from my end as yet.

You must have a very talented end Fuzzman!

Fear Boirche

Quote from: hardstation on June 20, 2010, 11:36:23 PM
Mickey Morrisey referred to Dermot Carlin as Martin Carlin and Donal Carlin in a 20 second period.

Marty Morrisey?

See how easy it is to get somebody's name wrong.