Tyrone v Down USFC Semi Final Sat 19th June

Started by Fuzzman, May 25, 2010, 04:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Surprised with the line up, never thought he'd go without Davy and Ricey. Obviously wants to get back to big attacking push from the HB line. It had went a bit stale in recent years with the legs, understandably, slowing up. Lookng forward to seeing Petey in HB line, played great football there for the minors in 08.

Pangurban

I have decided to abandon the sweeper system and go all out for the win with six forwards. If we are going to lose which i doubt, at least lets do it playing with flair and panache, as Down teams should. We have sufficient talent, so lets have no fear. The illustrious names on that Tyrone team sheet, are worthy of respect, but many of them are only shadows of their former selves, this can be our year.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rois

Fuzzman

I had a feeling there would be changes and fair play to Mickey for finally axing Davey for a better family member in most people's eyes

I'm not overly surprised to see Ricey go out either has I thought he had a poor National league though a lot of people had.
I'm surprised to see Swift get the nod ahead of McCarron again especially with a possible tall Down FF line.
If Down do play Benny and Gordon in there then we could well see a lot of high ball pumped in early on
Remember 2003 when Carlin made his championship debut in the Ulster final.

I noticed McNabb's name among the subs again. Was he invited back or was that only a rumour.

Fair play Mickey. We trust in the bearded one

Can Anyone publish the ages of that team
Presume Super Dooher is the eldest. Then who? Block, Jordan?

omagh_gael

I'd say Ricey would be the next senior member of the panel with Jordan, Gormley and Mc Cullagh not far behind.

ONeill

Can't believe Mickey bowed down to Fuzzman's demands. That's how I see it anyhow.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyrone86

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 17, 2010, 09:37:01 PM
I'd say Ricey would be the next senior member of the panel with Jordan, Gormley and Mc Cullagh not far behind.

On the panel, Ricey and McCullagh are both around 32. On the team Hub, Jordan, McConnell and Stevie all played their last year minor on the 98 team. Gormley would be that age too.

tyrone86

From downgaa.net

1    B Mac an Bheatha    Brendan McVeigh    An Ríocht
2    D Ó Runaidh    Declan Rooney    Boireann
3    B Mac Árdghail    Brendan McArdle    Eanach Chluáin
4    D Ó Raifeartaigh    Damian Rafferty    Seamrogaí an Íuir
5    K Mac Thiarnáin    Kevin McKernan    Boireann
6    S Mac Colgan    James Colgan    An Ríocht
7    C Ó Gairbhith    Conor Garvey    Droichead Mhaigh Éo
8    A Mac Ruairí    Ambrose Rogers    Cloch Fhada
9    K Mac an Rí    Kalum King    Áth Bhriain
10    D Ó hAodha    Daniel Hughes    Sabhaill
11    M Mac Póilín     Mark Poland    Cloch Fhada
12    B Ó Coltáir    Brendan Coulter    Droichead Mhaigh Éo
13    C Mag Fhinn    Conor Maginn    Áth Bhriain
14    D Mac Mhuirneacháin    Dan Gordon    Loch an Oileáin
15    M Ó Cléirigh    Martin Clarke    An Ríocht
16    D Alder    Declan Alder    Ceathrú Aodha Dhuibh
17    P Mac Cumascaigh    Paul McComiskey    Dún Droma
18    S Ó Cléirigh    John Clarke    An Ríocht
19    C Mac Laibheartaigh    Conor Laverty    Cill Chua
20    R Mac Muireartaigh    Ronan Murtagh    Baile Cholmáin
21    S Ó Cearnaigh    Stephen Kearney    Sabhaill
22    G Mac Artáin    Gerard McCartan    Boireann
23    M Ó Deoráin    Mark Doran    Cloch Fhada
24    P Mac Giolla Phádraig    Peter Fitzpatrick    Baile Mhairtín
25    D Ó hÁgáin    Darren O'Hagan    Cluain Daimh
26    A Ó Cearra    Aidan Carr    Cluain Dáimh
27    I Mac an Bhreithiún    Jason Brown    Cluain Daimh

Aaron Boone

Doesn't P Harte play more as a half-forward than half-back? It's not a misprint and should be D Harte at no.5?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 17, 2010, 10:09:43 PM
Doesn't P Harte play more as a half-forward than half-back? It's not a misprint and should be D Harte at no.5?

It's not 'P' and 'D', it's 'Peter' and 'Davy' -- hardly a mix-up?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

swagger

Interesting team from mc cartan, i honestly thought he would have went unchanged, but then again the exclusion of mc comisky and clarke were not altogether surprising. The bench looks strong for the first time in years.

Looking forward to a cracker!
riiiiiiiiiite

tyrone86

Quote from: hardstation on June 17, 2010, 10:11:23 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on June 17, 2010, 10:04:06 PM
27    I Mac an Bhreithiún    Jason Brown    Cluain Daimh
What ever happened to good old de Brún? Who the feck is Jason Judge?

loughshore lad

Peter Harte as has been said earlier in the thread played at centre half back with some distinction for the minors in 2008 so he could line out there although its more likely that he will play in attack with Joe going to defence, if Mickey goes with a sweeper and Joe takes up that role then Penrose could play wing back as well - he was Tyrone's best tackler the last day against Antrim.

Have a feeling this could turn out to be a good game.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 17, 2010, 10:09:43 PM

Pete Harte played in HB line for minors but we all know the number on your back doesn't restrict you in Tyrone. Joe Mc Mahon will play all round defence anyway and with Dooher covering back I'd safely assume we'll see a lot of young Harte further up the field.