One Million Pound Drop

Started by RealSpiritof98, May 24, 2010, 11:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 27, 2010, 11:06:00 PM
A few very short games tonight.

Did you hear the last couple? Pussy Galore wasn't in James Bond!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tyrone girl

That girl who played on her own second from end was some dose.

Tony Baloney

I saw a bit last night where some doll had to pick the one that wasn't bread. She had all her money on chapati, focaccia and pumpernickel. Without knowing the rules I thought she had done well. Dopey bitch lost the lot!

delboy

I presume once again nobody won anything, working out a cheap show for who ever makes it (endemol i would have guessed).

haranguerer

Its not the makers fault noones winning anything. Its hardly supposed to be easy to lift a mill. Think its a good show, but like everyone else, resent having to watch Davina. There are some utter tools on it too - especially enjoyed watching the blond girls trying to whip up the crowd right before they lost it all, having instantly dismissed the man u answer!

delboy

Quote from: haranguerer on May 28, 2010, 09:32:31 AM
Its not the makers fault noones winning anything. Its hardly supposed to be easy to lift a mill. Think its a good show, but like everyone else, resent having to watch Davina. There are some utter tools on it too - especially enjoyed watching the blond girls trying to whip up the crowd right before they lost it all, having instantly dismissed the man u answer!

I would say its exactly their fault they designed it, nobody said it should be easy to win a million, though it should at least be conceivable that over the course of a one week run or whatever that somebody should win something, no  ???

haranguerer

The shows about ratings, not about giving away money. If it does prove impossible to win it will lose viewers, so that wont be allowed to happen. From what I've seen the participants are going out chiefly due to their own stupidity though...

Maiden1

Most of the questions are easy enough or at least easy enough to get it down to 2 answers. 

Which is the most?

a bakers dozen
years since man went to the moon
dialling code for the UK

What temperature is it outside

85 Fahrenheit
14 Celsius
Whatever the rest were.

Which event happened exactly a year ago

Champions league final which Manchester United lost
Obama Inauguration

Part of the interview process to make sure no one wins all the money seems to be you have to be a bit thick.  If they ever let on someone like one of the egg heads they would walk it.  When that girl with the big t*ts came on on her own I turned it over as soon as she spoke then flicked it back in 5 minutes guessing correctly that she would be gone.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

tyrone girl

Yeh i thought a lot of the answers were pretty easy - i think in each question there is defo one that can be ruled out - surely by doin that ya cud leave urself even 25k to take to question 8 - most of the people are losing cos they arent spreadin the money right - they are tryin to take too much with them - split it evenly each time unles ur adamant there is more than 1 wrong answer - u should be able to take 25k to the end.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maiden1 on May 28, 2010, 11:31:20 AM
Most of the questions are easy enough or at least easy enough to get it down to 2 answers. 

Which is the most?

a bakers dozen
years since man went to the moon
dialling code for the UK

What temperature is it outside

85 Fahrenheit
14 Celsius
Whatever the rest were.

Which event happened exactly a year ago

Champions league final which Manchester United lost
Obama Inauguration

Part of the interview process to make sure no one wins all the money seems to be you have to be a bit thick.  If they ever let on someone like one of the egg heads they would walk it.  When that girl with the big t*ts came on on her own I turned it over as soon as she spoke then flicked it back in 5 minutes guessing correctly that she would be gone.
Mostly women contestants then?  ;)

cornerback

Quote from: tyrone girl on May 28, 2010, 12:06:42 PM
Yeh i thought a lot of the answers were pretty easy - i think in each question there is defo one that can be ruled out - surely by doin that ya cud leave urself even 25k to take to question 8 - most of the people are losing cos they arent spreadin the money right - they are tryin to take too much with them - split it evenly each time unles ur adamant there is more than 1 wrong answer - u should be able to take 25k to the end.

??? ???

Question 1: £1000000 spilt 3 ways - £350000, £325000, £325000 (bundles are £25000)
Question 2: £350000 spilt 3 ways - £125000, £125000, £100000
Question 3: £125000 spilt 3 ways - £50000, £50000, £25000
Question 4: £50000 will only spilt 2 ways!!

You can't spilt in this manner each time... you loose way too much! In is absolutely necessary to gamble; only spilt if you have no clue whatsoever!

tyrone girl

I know that - im meaning putting too much on one thing if they arent sure enough of it. Of course you have to gamble but surely they could split the money in some way half sensibly to be able to take 1 bundle to the end

cornerback

Quote from: tyrone girl on May 28, 2010, 12:28:33 PM
I know that - im meaning putting too much on one thing if they arent sure enough of it. Of course you have to gamble but surely they could split the money in some way half sensibly to be able to take 1 bundle to the end

What would you suggest?   

The way the quiz is set up if you hedge your bets and/or don't have a clue then on the questions 1-4 your gonna loose 66% off your money (maybe 100% if your like that stupid bint last night); in questions 5-7 its 50%.

You could get away with spliting evenly once, maybe twice but to get to the last question more often than not you'd have to gamble everything on 1 answer.

tyrone girl

Well the only way i could hope to do it would be relying on the fact that a few of the answers i would know for certain or have an idea of even 2 that it could be and try hedge my bets that way - and hope that had enough decent questions to get me through with a bit then be able have enough to split it in some way - majority of the answers if i didnt know it i had a fair idea it was between two.

tyroneboi

So near yet so far . . . couple got to the last question with £25k but got it wrong. Question was which is larger Peak District or Lake District - once it gets to that stage its just a 50/50 guess.