SDLP man retracts call for one big nationalist party

Started by orangeman, May 24, 2010, 05:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

Quote from: seafoid on May 25, 2010, 09:00:47 PM
Quote from: Ulick on May 25, 2010, 08:54:29 PM
I don't think he had much chance of getting re-elected anyway. Better off with Fianna Fail - might have a future there but the Stoops are a beaten docket.

Both the stoops and the UUP had the extremist party on their side moving to the centre and taking all their good positions. The UUP is dead but the stoops managed 3 MPs. WTF is the point of voting SF for Westminster anyway ? They don't even vote.

The stoops were only a percentage point ahead of the UUP. What difference does their vote in a foreign parliament make anyway? Even when there is no overall majority as in the current one they're still rendered impotent. Their cap doffing antics to the English squires is nothing short of an embarrassment to all confident Irish nationalists who buried that mentality in the early 70s.

Their place is in this country. Just as the Brits have no right to be here, neither should Irish people be running to a foreign parliament pretending to tell the English how they should run their country.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 25, 2010, 09:01:15 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 25, 2010, 08:22:30 PM
By renouncing violence have the shinners have they become more like the stoops rather than vice versa? I would say from some of the posts on here during the elections that current SDLP policies are miles apart from those of Sinn Fein. There were even accusations of the SDLP wanting a unionist politician to win in South Belfast and F/ST!

Is there a defection on the cards? Would the shinners want Himself and the
various councillors in Moyle?!
He might defect, others in Moyle definitely wouldn't.  I wouldn't read anything into what people say on here, especially accusations from armchair republicans and ceasefire soldiers
Orla Black will fall into East Antrim I believe for the assembly elections so if she isn't censured for this and gets the nod to run she may be playing up to the shinners for some second preference votes.

Nally Stand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 25, 2010, 09:09:57 PM
I called you a liar on 2 points, not 3.  Maybe that's another problem you have?  You can't count or read, eh?

It's not up to me to prove it.  It's up to you to prove otherwise but you can't because you are a f**king liar.

That's the one and only reply you are getting.

So ardmhaca I could come on this board and accuse you of anything (murder/paedophelia etc) and it's up to you to deny it?? GROW UP.

There were three points, two of which you claimed I was a lair about and another which you did not respond to accurately. I again demand that you retract that I am a liar or prove that I am.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Nally Stand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 25, 2010, 09:26:10 PM

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 25, 2010, 09:09:57 PM
That's the one and only reply you are getting.

It's not up to me to disprove any false accusation you throw at me on this board ardmhaca. Therfore I demand that unless you prove I am a liar, you retract your statement.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

red hander

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 25, 2010, 09:14:57 PM
redhander, that's straight from Adams's mouth.  Can you not think for yourself?

In 50 years time, MPs from the north will still be in Westminster.  It's time shinners gave their own people as well as the rest in their constituencies proper representation.  It will happen some day without a doubt.  They have went back on everything else after all.  No sitting in the Dail, no return to Stormont.  Don't make me f**king laugh

I can think very well for myself, you patronising p***k ... and BTW, I'm not a Sinn Fein voter

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 25, 2010, 09:23:19 PM
By renouncing violence have the shinners have they become more like the stoops rather than vice versa? I would say from some of the posts on here during the elections that current SDLP policies are miles apart from those of Sinn Fein. There were even accusations of the SDLP wanting a unionist politician to win in South Belfast and F/ST!

He might defect, others in Moyle definitely wouldn't.  I wouldn't read anything into what people say on here, especially accusations from armchair republicans and ceasefire soldiers
Orla Black will fall into East Antrim I believe for the assembly elections so if she isn't censured for this and gets the nod to run she may be playing up to the shinners for some second preference votes.
Where is she TB?

red hander, if you repeat someone's words verbatim as you did, you can hardly blame anyone for saying you can't think for yourself, can you?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Nally Stand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 25, 2010, 10:26:59 PM

Where is she TB?

red hander, if you repeat someone's words verbatim as you did, you can hardly blame anyone for saying you can't think for yourself, can you?

Going to retract or prove your accusation any time soon ardmhaca?

Minder

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 25, 2010, 10:26:59 PM

Where is she TB?

Orla Black is in Moyle.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ardmhachaabu

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JUst retired

That`s 3 threads now where Ardmhachaabu and Nally stand are fighting. Can these children not be banned/given a thread all to themselves. A thread where only these two can post.
In the words of the song,  Give it up or get it on. >:( ;D

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: JUst retired on May 26, 2010, 07:42:26 AM
That`s 3 threads now where Ardmhachaabu and Nally stand are fighting. Can these children not be banned/given a thread all to themselves. A thread where only these two can post.

Hear, hear.

On the subject of abstentionism/representation, this is obviously not a huge issue for voters...otherwise there wouldn't be 5 SF MPs ???  SF voters in South Belfast didn't vote for McDonnell because he was going to take his seat.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Nally Stand

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 26, 2010, 09:23:29 AM
Quote from: JUst retired on May 26, 2010, 07:42:26 AM

Hear, hear.

On the subject of abstentionism/representation, this is obviously not a huge issue for voters...otherwise there wouldn't be 5 SF MPs ???  SF voters in South Belfast didn't vote for McDonnell because he was going to take his seat.

The good people of the stoops and their supporters are slow to learn thar fact. It tends to be their key argument at every general election

JUst retired

I did`nt realise this was a political argument, I`m going home to fcuk out of this. ;D