Stevie McDonnell - Leave Me Alone

Started by ONeill, February 13, 2007, 07:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimShady

it shouldnt happen, ok, if you dont think the player is good enough then fair enough-discuss it down the pub with yer mates but to stand and hurl abuse at him on the field is the actions of an imbecile and those doing this need a good kick in the balls.

I'd see through it if these were professional players getting paid for this but they aren't. as seen in soccer where it is more acceptable to slate and abuse/boo a player off the pitch.

theres definitely a soccer-ish, yob-like element to Armaghs support. a look the GAA could do without.

if ye dont want him send Stevie from Killeavy over the border into Antrim!

tyroneman

QuoteFrom the county that regards running with the ball up your jumper entertainment. You are allowed to kick the ball occaionally. there's more pleasure in watching norn iron than tyrone

As opposed to..............what?

Humping every ball hig and diagonal into a 2 man forwardline? Great entertainment  ::)

nrico2006

Some interesting points, especially about mcdonnell blowing kisses and enjoying the crowds reaction to his scores.  But do you blame him.  Being a Tyrone fan, theres many a day I would have loved to have mowed him down myself, but the man is quality.  If he complains about stick from 'certain' fans, then it must be bad enough so he's right to say so.  Im sure he doesnt  need reminding that he takes the wrong option, or hit a bad miss - all players know what they've done wrong in a match, and just really want the opportunity to rectify their errors, just as McDonnell did on sunday.  Its good craic with your marker trying to wind you up etc, but when 5 louth players do it it shows how much they feared him by trying to piss him off more, putting him off his game.  How it backfired, Im sure mcdonnell got great joy out of hammering the ball into the net to win the match for Armaghs 'B' Team.  I bet the Louth keeper wasnt slabbering as much then.  As someone posted, McDonnell has been playing flat out for past few years, mckenna cup, league and champ.  He definitely should have been rested for the mckenna, and I have no doubt that armaghs best forward will be back scoring for fun in the summer.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteErm...no he isn't

But I'd have him in a Tyrone shirt in a flash

You aren't the only one

Over the Bar

QuoteCost Armagh an All Ireland that cub..

Cost them the opportunity of a replay with Tyrone you mean.

pintsofguinness

::)
I see this thread wasn't worth opening.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Orior

Is this a bit of artistic licence by the hacks? I seriously doubt that anyone is calling for the dropping Stevie from Killeavy.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

Stevie has given a huge part of his life to Gaelic Football and his club and county, he is one of the best players in the Country over the last generation and he is loved by Armagh fans across the world and I dont doubt for a minute that there are some dirtboards out there, some so called fans who are abusing him because they used to do the same to hooley back in the day as well. There are other more reasoned people like bennydorano who do not get personal and call a spade a spade and voice their opinion on how well the man played and to me there is nothing wrong with that.

Slim talking about scumbags in armagh is a bit rich considering where he comes from ffs, there are more scumbags in Antrim than anywhere else in the country with the posible exception of Limerick. Slimmy baby, you will have to do better than that and I know you must be frustrated that nobody is biting. ;D

Stevie loves the attention he gets when he gets the job done and he has taunted his opponents in the past and so when he gets a bit of abuse he should just shrug it off because if you are fit to dish it out you should be fit to take it when it comes your way.

As for O'Neills analogy with Dooher, to me he represents both the greatness of what it means to be a  gaelic footballer and also unfortunately is the poster child for going to ground early and destroying the game with soccer like writhing when touched and cheating and I  have cursed him from the stands in disgust at his antics at times yet he is as brilliant as Stevie ever was and I admire his dedication and tremendous heart but to listen to O'Neill you would think he was an angel and lets not forget the personal abuse meted out to Mark Harte in the very recent past, there should be no room for vindictive, cutting remarks from your own support and as RRHF stated, these hoors should be shut up from the stands and confronted when they start ripping on their own players. Cnuts all.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Orior

Stew, get yourself an avatar. A table tennis paddle or something like that.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

reddgnhand

QuoteAs for O'Neills analogy with Dooher, to me he represents both the greatness of what it means to be a  gaelic footballer and also unfortunately is the poster child for going to ground early and destroying the game with soccer like writhing when touched and cheating and I  have cursed him from the stands in disgust at his antics

stew do you curse Paddy McKeever when he does it?

stew

[/quote]

Yes, there should be no room at all for diving, you can't condemn just those who play in different coloured shirts and not your own if they are just as bad. diving is diving, end of.

reddgnhand

Quote from: stew on February 13, 2007, 10:07:33 PM

Yes, there should be no room at all for diving, you can't condemn just those who play in different coloured shirts and not your own if they are just as bad. diving is diving, end of.

[/quote]

So if you can curse Paddy McKeever from the stands what makes you any different from the "Dirtbirds"that curse McDonnell from the stands.

Armagh4SamAgain

Stevie is a hero. Now let that be the end of it. I hope theres no more of this nonsence in Cross.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

stew

So if you can curse Paddy McKeever from the stands what makes you any different from the "Dirtbirds"that curse McDonnell from the stands.

Easy, I piss and moan to my mates and I leave it at that, McKeever also plays for a club that is repugnant to me and that makes it easier and also he plays for the county i support so i go easier on him than that fcuker dooher the hoor.

There is a certain amount of hypocricy involved and i do have orange tinted glasses to a certain extent but not even close to what you tyronies can stomach, there were cnuts from tyrone on here defending the actions of rice when he was putting the kneee into the head of defenseless armagh men lying prostrate on the ground and i would never do that should the roles be reversed.

it is not so long ago that a certain Tyrone contributor was laughing at the fact hooley got his head stamped on by a tyronie thug so I would not make a federal case out of my hypocricy big fella, we all have our biases so we do. ;)