Parkinson Calls Micko a Bluffer

Started by bingobus, May 19, 2010, 04:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Does Micko ever wonder what all the lads sitting in the dugout are doing there?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rosnarun

Quote from: Main Street on May 19, 2010, 07:05:23 PM
Sacrilege !
maybe but an uncomfortable thruth
take the point about the moolah were laois well backed during his time?
I think Parkinsons point is very true not just of micko but nearly an outsider that comes in . old scores get forgotten or become irrelevant. ssnd everyone is available for teh team .
God knows mayo could do with some one like that now  as could laois themselves
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

stephenite

I've no idea if Micko is or ain't a bluffer - but he's done a hell of a lot more for the GAA over the course of a lifetime than the likes of Colin Fkcuing Parkinson - who the hell does that lad think he is?

Must be a case of "it takes one to know one"

Bud Wiser

Micko was some bluffer allright.  Without wanting to sound like Tommy Tiernan and have to apologize later, but when it came to getting the team on the bus I wonder did he tell them they were all being brought for a meal?  I often saw Peter Clinton below having less trouble getting a young bullock into a horse trailer for the mart than Dempsey has had getting the likes of Kingston and a few of them on the bus to go and play a game after Micko left.

Then, that was a fair ould bluff when he said that he managed teams like Laois for the love of football and was not getting the reported managers payment at the time. Blessed and obsessed or something like that.  I never could fathom out who was he bluffing when he met some of the execs of the Dublin County Board in the K Club in the middle of his unpaid contract with Laois. Was he looking for the job with the Dubs or looking for information on how to beat them two weeks later? 

(Micko asks when will there be a vacancy in Armagh)

QuoteI've no idea if Micko is or ain't a bluffer - but he's done a hell of a lot more for the GAA over the course of a lifetime than the likes of Colin Fkcuing Parkinson - who the hell does that lad think he is?

In all fairness, and I know there are a few on here who have a fixation about getting at Colm Parkinson, all he said was that Micko could be bluffing but he said it in the context of weighing up the prospects of the days game.  He is not exactly going around the roads of Ireland with a banner over his head saying Mick O'Dwyer is a Bluffer.   Talk about OTT reaction!  See here: http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/laois-backing-hero-micko-2186667.html
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Zapatista

It mightn't be an insult. Bluffing is a great tatic and there are few who can master it.

Bud Wiser

Exactly. All the lad said was in the context of a radio interview.

You can hear the lot of the interview here by going to ARCHIVES and then Saturday Sport:  http://media.newstalk.ie/

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

NAG1

Parkinson has got it bang on. Its time we faced up to the fact that he is a traveling cute hur with no loyalty except to that of his bank balance. This romantacised bullshit that we have to put up with from the likes of Marty Morrisey et al does my nut in.

It has been mentioned exactly what he brings to the table and I for one think any county board that takes him on needs their head read, these counties should get some of their up and coming young managers and put the money they are paying Micko into the development of the team and you would have better more sustainable results.

magpie seanie

Quote from: stephenite on May 20, 2010, 01:15:08 AM
I've no idea if Micko is or ain't a bluffer - but he's done a hell of a lot more for the GAA over the course of a lifetime than the likes of Colin Fkcuing Parkinson - who the hell does that lad think he is?

Must be a case of "it takes one to know one"

I'd confidently say that Parkinson got a hell of a lot less money out of the GAA in his time. What you do for the GAA must be netted off against what you receive back from them.

Seems to me he has hit the nail on the head here. Of course he's a so and so in many eyes because in Ireland we like to pretend that things that aren't real somehow are. We don't like the people who tell us that the Emporer is actually in the nip.

BAZ

I think Parkinson has got it wrong here. Its some Laois players (not all) who seem to be the bluffers!! Prepared to turn out for Micko but not for other managers!!!

DUBSFORSAM1

Most successful Kerry manager of all time, most successful Wicklow manager of all time (including beating lots of Ulster teams), most successful Laois manager for over 60 years including knocking Tyrone out of All-ireland championship, most successful Kildare manager since the 20's.

Lets see the likes of Harte/Kernan managing the likes of Wicklow etc and see if they do it better...

Zapatista

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on May 20, 2010, 02:45:47 PM
Most successful Kerry manager of all time, most successful Wicklow manager of all time (including beating lots of Ulster teams), most successful Laois manager for over 60 years including knocking Tyrone out of All-ireland championship, most successful Kildare manager since the 20's.

Lets see the likes of Harte/Kernan managing the likes of Wicklow etc and see if they do it better...

I'd rather not. NAG1 has a better idea.

Quote from: NAG1 on May 20, 2010, 01:58:31 PM
these counties should get some of their up and coming young managers and put the money they are paying Micko into the development of the team and you would have better more sustainable results.

blanketattack

I see that the likes of Higgins, Garvan and Beano have come out in support of Micko and that Parkinson is the only player to have a bad word to say about Micko. If Parkinson was willing to do a bit of work, keep his gob shut and not spend his life living off a couple of minor All-Irelands he'd have been a decent player.
This news story tells all I need to know about Parkinson and who the real bluffer is...
http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/1109/parkinsonc.html

Also, the whole money thing regarding Micko is complete bull, a few times we've asked him to present medals to winning underage teams at our clubhouse which is a fair old distance away from Waterville and we'd offer him expense money but he's never taken one cent.
Does anyone seriously think he's in the GAA for money? This is a guy who left school at 15 to become an apprentice mechanic and 7 years later bought the whole garage, and from there onto hotels. He sold most of his properties at the peak of the boom and is one of the shrewdest businessmen in the country. He's probably spent 25 hours a week for most of the last 35 years committed to the GAA. If he hadn't dedicated that time to the GAA I'm sure he'd be a billionaire by now.

The Real Laoislad

Parkinson is a w**ker of the highest order,the Stan Collymore of the GAA in more ways than one...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 20, 2010, 04:37:26 PM
Parkinson is a w**ker of the highest order,the Stan Collymore of the GAA in more ways than one...

He shagged Sharon Stone underwater??  The jammy bastid  :P

INDIANA

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 20, 2010, 04:37:26 PM

Parky certainly picked up a few pointers from Micko as we've seen in Dublin.