Championship predictions 23rd of May

Started by Peter Solan the Great, May 16, 2010, 06:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Solan the Great

Louth V Longford- A hard one to pick. To be honest i know very little about either team but Louth seem to have some form of the last few years so i'm going for Louth

Waterford V Clare- Waterford reached the division 4 final and are rightly favourites at 1/2. Waterford to win this one.

Antrim V Tyrone- Last years Ulster final. You have to admire Antrim but yet you cant look beyond Tyrone for this one.

Meath V Offaly- Meath horrible team and horrible fans, the only county in the championship i actually dispise so i could never tip them to win. Offaly for this one

ross4life

Louth
Waterford
Tyrone
Meath

Meath horrible team and horrible fans? i quite like them why all the hate towards them?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: ross4life on May 16, 2010, 06:58:02 PM
Louth
Waterford
Tyrone
Meath

Meath horrible team and horrible fans? i quite like them why all the hate towards them?

Just from the GAA matches. I have a brother with Down Syndrome who like myself likes the auld GAA. He does come to all the matches with me. He has only got abuse thrown at him three times The two finals in 1996 and last years match against Meath. Thats the main reason for my dislike of them. Plus the two Meath lads who work with me are Pr**ks.

ross4life

Quote from: hardstation on May 16, 2010, 07:08:21 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on May 16, 2010, 06:52:24 PM
Louth V Longford- A hard one to pick.
No it aint.

So who are you picking? Louth a team that even Roscommon could beat in Louth or Longford a Divison 4 team going no where?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on May 16, 2010, 07:02:03 PM
Louth
Waterford
Tyrone
Meath

Just from the GAA matches. I have a brother with Down Syndrome who like myself likes the auld GAA. He does come to all the matches with me. He has only got abuse thrown at him three times The two finals in 1996 and last years match against Meath. Thats the main reason for my dislike of them. Plus the two Meath lads who work with me are Pr**ks.

the one thing i noticed about Meath/Dublin fans today is they are more like Soccer fans than GAA fans

Shocking to hear the abuse for your Brother but don't let a few bad eggs make you think all Meath Fan's are like that & everyone has pr**ks they work with  :D

thejuice

Louth V Longford - Louth showed early promise in the year and I think they have improved. A few lads returning from injury I think they have enough to over come Longford but I think it will be close.

Waterford V Clare - Another hard pick, not much between them in the league. Would go with Waterford though.

Antrim V Tyrone - Antrim are up in Division 2 but Sligo showed up some weaknesses in the final. Tyrone likewise are going into Division 2 but I think Tyrone still would have the upper hand on this.

Meath V Offaly - Meath have horrible fans and horrible players, they make horrible ham sandwiches, but they still were good enough to beat Mayo every time they've met them since the 1950's and with that in mind I think they have enough to get over Offaly.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

AZOffaly

Quote from: thejuice on May 16, 2010, 07:38:33 PM
Louth V Longford - Louth showed early promise in the year and I think they have improved. A few lads returning from injury I think they have enough to over come Longford but I think it will be close.

Waterford V Clare - Another hard pick, not much between them in the league. Would go with Waterford though.

Antrim V Tyrone - Antrim are up in Division 2 but Sligo showed up some weaknesses in the final. Tyrone likewise are going into Division 2 but I think Tyrone still would have the upper hand on this.

Meath V Offaly - Meath have horrible fans and horrible players, they make horrible ham sandwiches, but they still were good enough to beat Mayo every time they've met them since the 1950's and with that in mind I think they have enough to get over Offaly.

Of course you're right, they should have, but is that a non sequitar? That's like saying we beat Kerry in 1982, so we should have enough to beat Meath.

Rossfan

Louth should win handy against Longford( who like Laythrum are wasting money on ahired manager) ...so Longford to win  ::)
Waterford will be expected to beat Clare ...so Clare to win.
Tyrone should beat Antrim and will.
Meath should beat Offaly . They will
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Royalranter

Louth V Longford- A hard one to pick. To be honest i know very little about either team but Louth seem to have some form of the last few years so i'm going for Louth

Waterford V Clare- Waterford reached the division 4 final and are rightly favourites at 1/2. Waterford to win this one.

Antrim V Tyrone- Last years Ulster final. You have to admire Antrim but yet you cant look beyond Tyrone for this one.

Meath V Offaly- Meath horrible team and horrible fans, the only county in the championship i actually dispise so i could never tip them to win. Offaly for this one

Seriously, is it impossible for people from Mayo to get over 1996?
Let em know your there

Orior

Is this thread for heads who havent read the spread thread? Enough said.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

western exile

Quote from: Royalranter on May 17, 2010, 07:39:43 PM

Seriously, is it impossible for people from Mayo to get over 1996?
Until the AI is won, yes! Is it that hard to understand?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross4life

Louth
Waterford
Tyrone
Meath

With that prediction i just won myself more money to add to last nights win  8)