Muineachán V Ard Mhaca USFC

Started by Main Street, May 16, 2010, 06:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Flip.

After 15 minutes, I thought this was gonna be another great day in the sun. The Monaghan goal stopped the Armagh thrust, then the sending off put us in reverse.

I hope that Monaghan can improve and go on to win Ulster.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

INDIANA

Quote from: Main Street on June 06, 2010, 06:34:19 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 06, 2010, 06:14:06 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 06, 2010, 05:56:38 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on June 06, 2010, 05:50:42 PM
lYou hae got to feel for the sub goalie today who was dished the ultimate dirt.
Training hard all year and then to be told by your manager that an outfield player would make a better goalie than you!!!!
He had no choice other than walk.
Why did Banty have him in the panel when its now clear he had little intention of ever playing him?

A low blow alright, must have been a hard pill to swallow.

Did the second choice keeper leave the panel post that decision? You can understand why as it's a real confidence clinker.
I can understand there was a reason but I don't support him leaving the panel and not taking his place on the bench.
There was also a sound reason why Banty chose to take off one of our better players  away from the defense and use him to replace Duffy instead of using the sub goalie.

Height of disrespect for the player involved and Banty is lucky Monaghan won otherwise there would be hell to pay. I know myself I'd have walked.

Shows how good a coach Grimley is. Kildare a shambles since he left and now Monaghan now look like a genuine football team unlike previous years. Armagh were appalling. Their players gave up. Similar to Mayo yesterday.

mackers

Difficult to know where to start.............only Paul Duffy and Brendan Donaghy in defence can hold their head up. Andy mallon who has always been one of the rocks in our defence is having a very poor year. Our midfield was cleaned out up until James Lavery came on and fetched a few balls for us.
Stevie enjoyed his opening 15 minutes and banished the scars of last year but as AFS says once we went down to 14 men Monaghan had three defenders on Stevie at times. Jaimie Clarke will be a star in the future and showed some class at times. After the three handy points we gifted Monaghan after HT the warning lights were flashing for a complete tanking. We had a few chances just after that to make a game of it but took none of them.
The "sending off incident" happened just in front of us and Mallon was clearly going for the ball, mistimed his challenge and would've deserved a yellow at most, couldn't believe when the red was flashed. I've always associated Meath men with hard physical football but the sort of decision that Coldrick made is ruining our game, lads will start to duck out of making physical challenges as they will be afraid that any slight mistiming of a challenge will see them sent off.
That said, Monaghan deserved to win and I hope they go on to win the Ulster now.
Armagh will hopefully get a handy draw in the qualifiers (we're owed one), definitely don't want an Ulster team. Hope the management learn from their mistakes today.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: dodgy umpire on June 06, 2010, 08:09:37 PM
charlie tully, give the keyboard a rest. People might start to associate you with us!

Must second that.  Agreed Armagh were soundly beaten today but Down also know that feeling all too well.
Tully: - put a sock in it until Down have some to Crow about

INDIANA

INDIANA

Quote from: hardstation on June 06, 2010, 09:43:49 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on June 06, 2010, 09:41:54 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 06, 2010, 09:40:08 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on June 06, 2010, 09:32:27 PM
Is the well executed shoulder charge now a bookable offence?
Agreed. Very poor decision.

elbow was high.
Stevie McDonell's booking? Bollicks.

thought you were talking about mallon.

Maguire01

I thought in real time that it deserved a yellow card as there was no malice. But it wasn't a fair shoulder charge. He went in with the arm and caught Woods in the face - clearly evident from his nosebleed. There's no way it was a legal shoulder charge. Whether it was a red or a yellow offence should be the only debate.

INDIANA

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 06, 2010, 09:46:46 PM
I thought in real time that it deserved a yellow card as there was no malice. But it wasn't a fair shoulder charge. He went in with the arm and caught Woods in the face - clearly evident from his nosebleed. There's no way it was a legal shoulder charge. Whether it was a red or a yellow offence should be the only debate.

I agree Maguire. I thought the ref got it right.

stew

Quote from: Boycey on June 06, 2010, 03:57:21 PM
Quote from: stew on June 06, 2010, 03:49:41 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on June 06, 2010, 03:48:40 PM
what a great day. could not have happened to a worse shower of bastids.  ;D

w**ker

Ur a wild man. U were on an another thread goading someone and got all righteous when he responded with personal abuse but it's ok for u to call someone a w**ker.... Double standards??

I didnt post it, the mate over from Boston did,I just saw it and removed it.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on June 06, 2010, 09:51:14 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 06, 2010, 09:46:46 PM

I agree Maguire. I thought the ref got it right.

I agree. Definite red.
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

Quote from: INDIANA on June 06, 2010, 09:14:28 PM
Training hard all year and then to be told by your manager that an outfield player would make a better goalie than you!!!!
Why did Banty have him in the panel when its now clear he had little intention of ever playing him?

Did the second choice keeper leave the panel post that decision? You can understand why as it's a real confidence clinker.
I can understand there was a reason but I don't support him leaving the panel and not taking his place on the bench.
There was also a sound reason why Banty chose to take off one of our better players  away from the defense and use him to replace Duffy instead of using the sub goalie.

Height of disrespect for the player involved and Banty is lucky Monaghan won otherwise there would be hell to pay. I know myself I'd have walked.
Spoofing about some event you haven't got a clue about, again.
Somethings never change, some people never grow up, chronically incapable of a mature reflection.

Sam of the Sarsfields

Quote from: Main Street on June 06, 2010, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: Sam of the Sarsfields on June 06, 2010, 03:54:35 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 06, 2010, 03:38:41 PM
Once Monaghan scored the goal they were the better team, pushing forward at every opportunity to press home the advantage.
Taking a long breather might be a question in the 2nd half.
The sending off was irrelevant as to who was going to go through.
Banty was ruthless in making the sub changes right from the middle of the first half.
The squad has strength in depth now.

How can you say the sending off was irrelevant?
???
"irrelevant as to who was going to go through"
Monaghan had the beating of Armagh on the day, red card or no red card.

Armagh were slight favourites going into the game, they controlled the first 15 minutes and Monaghan were on top for the second 15 minutes, then we had the sending off. How you can say the result was certain at that point is ridiculous, Armagh were very much in the game at that stage and the red card had a huge bearing on the outcome.

INDIANA

Quote from: Main Street on June 06, 2010, 10:03:12 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on June 06, 2010, 09:14:28 PM

Spoofing about some event you haven't got a clue about, again.
Somethings never change, some people never grow up, chronically incapable of a mature reflection.

Spoofing is your middle name. As i said lucky the chips fell in his favour today- had they lost you know what the headlines were tomorrow.
but Grimley is the brains the new ship monaghan is built on. A genius if ever there was one. You should wake up every day and be thankful that he decided to pitch his tent in Monaghan.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Sam of the Sarsfields on June 06, 2010, 10:05:03 PM

Armagh were slight favourites going into the game, they controlled the first 15 minutes and Monaghan were on top for the second 15 minutes, then we had the sending off. How you can say the result was certain at that point is ridiculous, Armagh were very much in the game at that stage and the red card had a huge bearing on the outcome.

Armagh were still in it midway through the second half. Monaghan pulled men back behind the ball for a spell and if Armagh had taken their chances at that point it could have got very interesting. They missed some very good chances though and Monaghan started to attack again andturned the screw.

An awful lot of tak about the ref but that shouldnt hide the fact that Monaghan were very good and Armagh were appalling. For all Sludden is a poor ref he called the red card correctly anyway, if you catch a man in the face with an elbow you cant complain about being sent off.

Maguire01

Of the 3 Sunday Game analysts, 2 said red card and one said yellow regarding the Mallon incident.

Dick got man of the match. Well deserved.