Muineachán V Ard Mhaca USFC

Started by Main Street, May 16, 2010, 06:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrgaa1

Quote from: bingobus on May 27, 2010, 04:36:53 PM
Hearing that Monaghan may have a couple of injury worries as well.
Heard that one as well - Seamus "serious" McEnaney slipped and hur his back picking up the dictionary wondering what new words he could add, Paul "I should be Armagh manager - shouldn't I" Grimley has lost 6 stone and now looks like Rory Woods - so much so that he got a few slaps the other night for being a greedy c**t.
For all the talk about injuries etc... 2pm Sunday 6th June Casement when the teams line out - we'll know who's playing then.  By the end of the match Monaghan will be looking for another team to play as they slip out towards the back door.  We'll hear all about there a serious team, and we could have played better.  Lets hope theres no rain and a good game.  Armagh to win by 5.

The Iceman

I can't see Clark being involved at all in the Ulster campaign.  Its too long of a rehab process and people are normally advised to not be involved in the same sport for months.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

illdecide

Quote from: The Iceman on May 27, 2010, 09:31:06 PM
I can't see Clark being involved at all in the Ulster campaign.  Its too long of a rehab process and people are normally advised to not be involved in the same sport for months.

I think you're right Iceman, it's a pity though
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Iceman

Clark can stay fit with exercises that don't put strain on the Achilles (swimming, cycling) and also build up his upper body some more.  He could be back by the end of July and what an impact sub he could be if we are still in the mix.  I see it as a positive for the other lads on the team hungry for a place. With competition high for the jersey Clark should come back stronger than ever.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

illdecide

yeah he can keep himself lean and keep the weight off but when it comes to sharpness and match fitness he'll be way off the pace. But as you say bed him in gradually 10 mins here and 15 there and the training should help too

mountainboii

Quote from: illdecide on May 28, 2010, 02:22:02 PM
yeah he can keep himself lean and keep the weight off but when it comes to sharpness and match fitness he'll be way off the pace. But as you say bed him in gradually 10 mins here and 15 there and the training should help too

That's what worries me. Even if he can shake off the injury, Clarke was always the type of player that needed a running start to get near top form. I don't know if he'd be that useful in the odd cameo.

Ulick

Ah lads give over with the Ronan Clarke negativity.

illdecide

Well if he remains injured then the bomber "illdecide" could get the call up by big Paddy (my mate)

GrandMasterFlash

Jaysus Tohill must be on somethin.. He just favoured Monaghan to beat Armagh on the Sunda Game.

Some sort of reverse psychology perhaps?

ExiledGael

Not the craziest thing I've heard. If Monaghan get over this hurdle I think they'll win Ulster.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Bookies see it as fairly even - 10/11 Armagh 11/10 Monaghan

I have a slight fancy for us on the basis that we've lost the last 3 tight games agianst Moanghan in 2008 by a point or 2 in the last few minutes and, much to my own surprise, we appear to be a much better side under O'Rourke than we were under McDonnell. Were Clarke fit, I'd be fairly confident.

You'd have to expect the winners to make the Ulster final.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ONeill

It'll be a dire game. Armagh, masters of the tackle, will turn over every ball, hit it long to McDonnell who'll not get a sniff as there'll be 11 players marking him. Then when Monaghan do manage to put 3 passes together they'll hit it long to Tommy who'll not get a sniff of it as he's surrounded by eight men cut out of Cavehill. To and fro. Dispossessions. Shoulders. Gulders. Aaron running bending backwards. McKeever red on 54 mins. Monaghan follow that with 2 reds.

Armagh 0-6
Monaghan 0-5

AET.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 30, 2010, 11:14:47 PM
Not the craziest thing I've heard. If Monaghan get over this hurdle I think they'll win Ulster.

That remains to be seen, but it's not like the big Swatragh man to favour us in any case...  ::)

ardchieftain

Those who seem certain that this game will be a dour, low scoring war of attrition may be in for a surprise. The bigger pitch will suit Armagh and i expect us to win with several points to spare before going on to defeat Down in the Ulster final.

The bookies will be giving over even money on Armagh minus a point and i will be having a hefty wedge on that. Should pay for post match pints methinks..........

Main Street

Quote from: ardchieftain on May 31, 2010, 12:06:23 AM
Those who seem certain that this game will be a dour, low scoring war of attrition may be in for a surprise. The bigger pitch will suit Armagh and i expect us to win with several points to spare before going on to defeat Down in the Ulster final.

The bookies will be giving over even money on Armagh minus a point and i will be having a hefty wedge on that. Should pay for post match pints methinks..........

Who paid for all the drink you consumed today?