Muineachán V Ard Mhaca USFC

Started by Main Street, May 16, 2010, 06:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Quote from: illdecide on May 21, 2010, 12:56:28 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 21, 2010, 12:49:56 PM
Dessie doesn't give 2 fcuks about all thats being said about him, he will actually love it as it's like job done. He's a proper wind-up and uses every trick there is to put off his opponent, if he does that(like he did to Stevie last year), then he's achieved his aim. I've no doubt Stevie will be much better this year considering the form he's in and the motivation to put thiings right from last year, but Dessie will relish the challenge and I still have faith in him doing a job. He may dabble in the dark arts on the field but is still a fine footballer, no matter what some of ye say. Should be a right battle anyway!

Is that right Dessie :D Talking about patting yourself on the back...lol

I'm sticking up for a clubmate on a public forum where he's getting called all sorts, do you have an issue with that?

Main Street

In the event of a Monaghan victory, I can imagine Dessie offering some words of consolation to Stevie,
'Dont lose the faith again Stevie, have a few jars and listen out for the voices inside your head'.

illdecide

Don't be getting your knickers in a twist with me, i was only having a bit of tongue in cheek with ya about it. I couldn't give give a f**k about Dessie or any other Monaghan player for that matter, you rightly stick up for your team mate but take it out on the fellas who are slagging you about it not me.

I personally wouldn't insult a guy on the field slabbering to him but if i got the chance to take the middle out of him I'd do it with the blink of an eye and wouldn't think twice about it, you do what you think is necessary to win your dual with your opponent.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on May 21, 2010, 04:43:47 PM
you do what you think is necessary to win your dual with your opponent.

dual?

surely you mean

illdecide

Schkite

Quote from: illdecide on May 21, 2010, 04:43:47 PM
Don't be getting your knickers in a twist with me, i was only having a bit of tongue in cheek with ya about it. I couldn't give give a f**k about Dessie or any other Monaghan player for that matter, you rightly stick up for your team mate but take it out on the fellas who are slagging you about it not me.

I personally wouldn't insult a guy on the field slabbering to him but if i got the chance to take the middle out of him I'd do it with the blink of an eye and wouldn't think twice about it, you do what you think is necessary to win your dual with your opponent.

No bother, my original post wasn't directed at you anyway.

donelli

Any word where the season ticket holders will be accomadated at Casement?
Havet seen any comments regarding Tyrone supporters tickets in Casement last Sunday...
I'm led to believe the game is not all ticket.

GrandMasterFlash

I reckon the Banty will go with tried and tested for this on i.e. McQuaid and D Freeman in the half-back line. Personally I'd like to see young Walshe get the nod there and possibly McAdam/K Hughes on the opposite flank with Hughes in the centre to pick up Aaron Kernan. If JP and Lennon are fit to go then selection will be much easier I reckon, with players starting in their best positions. My team would de:

1. S Duffy
2. D Mone
3. JP Mone
4. D McArdle (or Vinny Corey if McArdle not fit)
5. C Walshe/McQuaid
6. D Hughes
7. N McAdam/K Hughes
8. D Clerkin
9. O Lennon
10. D Malone
11. P Finlay
12. D Freeman/K Hughes
13. C McManus
14. Rory Woods/ V Corey
15. T Freeman

Subs (in no order):
C Hanratty, H McElroy, S Gollogly, and obviously any of the above 15 that are omitted from the starting line-up

That's a fair oul sprinkling of youth and experience. I reckon we need a very mobile team that can run at the corwded Armah defense and I'd keep Woods/Corey inside with Tommy. I reckon McManus is better coming from the half-forward as he tends to be in the game more than when he's delpoyed in the corner. Andy Mallon will without doubt pick up Tommy Freeman and has had the measure of him in the past so we'll need the likes of McManus/Woods to be able to pick up scores i.e. have them close to goal!

The young players (Walshe/K Hughes/Malone and Greenan until getting injured) gave a great account of themselves and must be pushing real hard to be a part of Banty's starting plans..

Really lookin forward to this one I have to say...

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: donelli on May 25, 2010, 12:51:45 PM
Havet seen any comments regarding Tyrone supporters tickets in Casement last Sunday...

I doubt very much if it will be all-ticket. I was there on Sunday and there was c. 18k at it. Casment holds somewhere in the mid 20s I think so I can't see there being a capacity issue. Don't know about the season ticket holders but I'd imagine the choice would be the covered stand or the seated area along the A'town road end.

tyronebhoy

Season Ticket holders on Sunday were given the choice of either the uncovered seats or the terrace.  I went to the terrace and while it was relatively busy there was still plenty of space around.

bingobus

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 25, 2010, 12:55:57 PM

I doubt very much if it will be all-ticket. I was there on Sunday and there was c. 18k at it. Casment holds somewhere in the mid 20s I think so I can't see there being a capacity issue. Don't know about the season ticket holders but I'd imagine the choice would be the covered stand or the seated area along the A'town road end.

Only seated, covered stand is all-ticket and tickets are very limited from the county board - €27 each.

illdecide

Put it this way we won't get any worse than last years sh1te. I've a feeling this game might be a bit more open than people think and we could be in for a good game.

I think(hope) Armagh will win by 2pts

naka

is ronan clarke any closer to fitness ?

illdecide

Quote from: naka on May 27, 2010, 04:10:46 PM
is ronan clarke any closer to fitness ?

Not according to the Irish News earlier in the week, they claim he's still only training with the Physio and can't take part in full training with the squad.

I've been saying this for 2 months that his injury was worse than they claimed

bingobus

Hearing that Monaghan may have a couple of injury worries as well.