Ulster Minor Football Championship 2010

Started by hobit hunter, May 10, 2010, 06:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

HT Armagh 0-02 0-09 Tyrone,

Bad weekend for Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mackers

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

armagh leg-end

Ard Mhacha Abu

TacadoirArdMhacha

Full time Armagh 0-4 Tyrone 1-14. Its going to be hard for those lads to pick themselves up for the quarter final now I would have thought.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

drici

All Ireland Minor Football Championship

Quarter Finals:

Tyrone v Kerry

Cork v Armagh

Throw ball

Quote from: drici on July 18, 2010, 01:25:33 PM

Quarter Finals:

Tyrone v Kerry

Cork v Armagh

Any idea when these matches are. Armagh will need Carragher fit to be competitive.

mountainboii

Well if yesterday was bad, today was f**king diabolical. Thoroughly depressed after watching that stuff. It's not the result that frustrates, I expected us to be up against it. It's just so disheartening to see the next generation of Armagh footballers playing the same failed football as the seniors. All natural flair replaced with slow, mechanical, predictable garbage. Players looked over trained and slow, there was no zip, no one out in front. Tyrone won the vast majority of the 50/50 balls and everything that broke around the middle, Armagh only came into it a bit when Tyrone started to pull up with a 9 or 10 point lead. Armagh football is going to rot away in the doldrums unless some fresh ideology is introduced at all levels. This relentless hand passing is getting us no where.

There's no point talking about player performance, none did themselves justice. Peter Carragher was huge miss. Not only is he our best player, but also the captain and leader of the team. If he's back we might have a sniff against Cork, although I wouldn't be very hopeful either way. It has to be said that Tyrone are very impressive and will take some beating this year, they could've won by 20 points today if they'd wanted.

drici

Quote from: Throw ball on July 18, 2010, 05:01:51 PM

Quarter Finals:

Tyrone v Kerry

Cork v Armagh

Any idea when these matches are. Armagh will need Carragher fit to be competitive.

July 31st August 1st/2nd
All-Ireland Minor Football Championship Quarter-Finals

Saturday August 7th
All-Ireland Minor 'B' Hurling Championship Quarter-Final
Roscommon v Armagh

Throw ball

Quote from: drici on July 18, 2010, 05:09:44 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on July 18, 2010, 05:01:51 PM

Quarter Finals:

Tyrone v Kerry

Cork v Armagh

July 31st August 1st/2nd
All-Ireland Minor Football Championship Quarter-Finals

Saturday August 7th
All-Ireland Minor 'B' Hurling Championship Quarter-Final
Roscommon v Armagh

Cheers

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Outstanding by the minors today, MOTM could have went to any of a dozen players. Grugan and Conlon ruled mid-field and Deeny was excellent again as was McGeery at CB. This is a very good minor team, if the FF line can find a bit more shooting form they could well lift another AI.

That Armagh team were very very poor though. Hard to believe they're the defending champions, a shadow of last year's team. Not sure how they got to the final, Down would have trounced them.

Tyrone didn't forget how they threw away the 1st round game to Armagh last year at the death. Donnelly's 45's were perfection.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

orangeman

Well done to Tyrone and in particular to their management who proved their worth again today.

PatDaly

All Ireland Minor Football Championship:

Quarter Finals:

Tyrone v Kerry (A)

Cork v Armagh (B)

Mayo v Offaly (C)

Galway v Longford (D)

Semi-Finals:

Sunday August 22nd: Winners of (A) Tyrone v Kerry v Winners of (C) Mayo v Offaly

Sunday August 29th: Winners of (B) Cork v Armagh v Winners of (D) Galway v Longford

All-Ireland Final:

Sunday September 19th

under the bar

Tyrone were good value for their short odds of 8/15.   I doubt if Armagh minors will be able to recover from such a rubbing.   Anyone know what price Cork are for this one?

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Baile an tuaigh

Dose anyone know what the story is with the Tyrone minors this year. Not shocked a bout them winning more so the manor in which they went a bout it. How are they compared to other minor teams a round the Country? I see their penned in to play Kerry which should be a cracker you would think.