Ulster Minor Football Championship 2010

Started by hobit hunter, May 10, 2010, 06:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fan01

will the Armagh v Cork game be played in Portlaoise????

mountainboii

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on July 19, 2010, 08:43:30 PM
Dose anyone know what the story is with the Tyrone minors this year. Not shocked a bout them winning more so the manor in which they went a bout it. How are they compared to other minor teams a round the Country? I see their penned in to play Kerry which should be a cracker you would think.

I was hugely impressed with them yesterday, but that question is impossible to answer given how little most see of minor teams outside their own province.

orangeman

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on July 19, 2010, 08:43:30 PM
Dose anyone know what the story is with the Tyrone minors this year. Not shocked a bout them winning more so the manor in which they went a bout it. How are they compared to other minor teams a round the Country? I see their penned in to play Kerry which should be a cracker you would think.

Dublin wrote them off in the ulster league final.

They've come on well since and were very, very well prepared for yesterday's match - full credit to the management.

mountainboii

Quote from: fan01 on July 19, 2010, 08:51:38 PM

You'd assume so if it's a stand alone fixture. The senior quarter finals are also on that weekend, so it might be chucked on before one of them somewhere.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AFS on July 19, 2010, 09:02:03 PM

You'd assume so if it's a stand alone fixture. The senior quarter finals are also on that weekend, so it might be chucked on before one of them somewhere.

Double header with Tyrone v Kerry in Portlaoise / Newbridge / Tullamore I would have thought. Croke Park would be nice though.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

tyrone86

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 19, 2010, 09:09:57 PM
Quote from: AFS on July 19, 2010, 09:02:03 PM

Double header with Tyrone v Kerry in Portlaoise / Newbridge / Tullamore I would have thought. Croke Park would be nice though.

Depends on the QF draws - Tyrone/Kerry minor game could be the start of a triple header including their 2 senior games.

tyroneman

Who put Dublin out? Must be a serious good team.

tyrone86

Quote from: tyroneman on July 19, 2010, 09:29:06 PM
Who put Dublin out? Must be a serious good team.

Kildare, who were subsequently put out by Leinster winners Longford

drici

07-08-10 (Saturday)
All Ireland Minor B Hurling Championship
Quarter Finals - Extra Time if required
Roscommon v Armagh
3-30pm   Athleague

Wicklow v Westmeath
3-30pm   Arklow

Kildare v Kerry
3-30pm   Newbridge

Meath v Mayo
3-30pm   Páirc Tailteann

14-08-10 (Saturday)
Semi Finals
Wicklow/Westmeath v Meath/Mayo

Roscommon/Armagh v Kildare/Kerry

24-07-10 (Saturday)
All Ireland Minor Hurling Championship
Quarter Final
Antrim v Dublin
Antrim 1-11 Dublin 3-13
12-00 noon   Crossmaglen
Referee: Alan Kelly
Extra Time if required

25-07-10 (Sunday)
Quarter Final
Waterford v Galway
Waterford 2-08 Galway 1-15
12-00 noon   Páirc an Chrócaigh
Referee: Garrett Duffy
Extra Time if required

08-08-10 (Sunday)
Semi Final
Kilkenny v Galway

15-08-10 (Sunday)
Semi Final
Clare v Dublin

The Konica

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on July 18, 2010, 05:46:59 PM

Outstanding by the minors today, MOTM could have went to any of a dozen players. Grugan and Conlon ruled mid-field and Deeny was excellent again as was McGeery at CB. This is a very good minor team, if the FF line can find a bit more shooting form they could well lift another AI.

That Armagh team were very very poor though. Hard to believe they're the defending champions, a shadow of last year's team. Not sure how they got to the final, Down would have trounced them.

Tyrone didn't forget how they threw away the 1st round game to Armagh last year at the death. Donnelly's 45's were perfection.

Yeh, very good performance.
Young Grugan is a very good player, but he has a very short fuse that, unless he learns to control, he'll struggle with discipline as he gets older.

Armamike

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on July 18, 2010, 05:46:59 PM

Outstanding by the minors today, MOTM could have went to any of a dozen players. Grugan and Conlon ruled mid-field and Deeny was excellent again as was McGeery at CB. This is a very good minor team, if the FF line can find a bit more shooting form they could well lift another AI.

That Armagh team were very very poor though. Hard to believe they're the defending champions, a shadow of last year's team. Not sure how they got to the final, Down would have trounced them.
Tyrone didn't forget how they threw away the 1st round game to Armagh last year at the death. Donnelly's 45's were perfection.

Not really too hard to believe - i'm not sure if any of the starting 15 on Sunday actually were in the starting 15 last year. That's a completely different team. This isn't senior football! Most Armagh supporters would have been happy to see that new team get through to an Ulster final. They trounced Down in the league by the way, for what it was worth!

That's just, like your opinion man.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Date/times/venues for the QFs anyone? Or will they hold off for the senior draw?

Take it the games are taking place next week?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

mountainboii

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on July 24, 2010, 02:23:05 PM
Date/times/venues for the QFs anyone? Or will they hold off for the senior draw?

Take it the games are taking place next week?

Not out yet. Yes. Yes.

drici

31-07-10 (Saturday)
Tyrone v Kerry
12-00 noon   Croke Park

01-08-10 (Sunday)
Cork v Armagh
12-00 noon   Croke Park

PatDaly

http://www.gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/national-fixtures/esb-gaa-minor-championship/

31.07.10 (Sat) - Quarter Final
Tyrone V Kerry - Time: 12 00 PM,
Venue: Páirc an Chrócaigh
Referee: TBC - Extra-time playable

Mayo V Offaly - Time: 12 30 PM,
Venue: Dr Hyde Park (Roscommon)
Referee: TBC - Extra-time playable

Longford V Galway - Time: 2 00 PM,
Venue: Dr Hyde Park (Roscommon)
Referee: TBC - Extratime playable