Ulster Minor Football Championship 2010

Started by hobit hunter, May 10, 2010, 06:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full moon

Quote from: Orior on July 04, 2010, 10:05:27 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 04, 2010, 09:58:40 PM
Cavan were the better team in my opinion, but due to an idiotic sending off and there after some poor substitutions they threw it away.

I dont really mind if the opposition are better, just as long as Armagh win.

Good for you. You cared enough to go to the game as well.....oh.....hang...on.....

Throw ball

Cavan were the better team in my opinion, but due to an idiotic sending off and there after some poor substitutions they threw it away.

Must have been at a different game than me! Armagh won the majority of ball around midfield, created the most scoring chances and kept their discipline much better. If they had have lost they would have said they threw it away. Cavan No. 14 played very well. As for the sending off the referee had no choice. A silly tackle by the Cavan player when he was already on a yellow.

Orior

Quote from: full moon on July 04, 2010, 10:11:08 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 04, 2010, 10:05:27 PM

I dont really mind if the opposition are better, just as long as Armagh win.

Good for you. You cared enough to go to the game as well.....oh.....hang...on.....

Oh thats me well and truely told off. I'll say no more.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Throw ball on July 04, 2010, 10:15:01 PM

Must have been at a different game than me! Armagh won the majority of ball around midfield, created the most scoring chances and kept their discipline much better. If they had have lost they would have said they threw it away. Cavan No. 14 played very well. As for the sending off the referee had no choice. A silly tackle by the Cavan player when he was already on a yellow.
I agree. I thought Armagh were the better team although Cavan had a huge desire and work-rate which made up for a lot of it. Good to see a solid effort from a Cavan team. If we could instill that in our seniors I'd be a lot happier.

Any craic

http://www.youtube.com/user/UlsterGAA// - see Armagh's goal and a decent goal chance for Cavan. I thought there was a big clash in styles - Armagh slowly but surely build-up while Cavan just booted the ball forward when under no pressure and at vital times. They paid for it.

David McKeown

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 04, 2010, 10:42:47 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on July 04, 2010, 10:15:01 PM

I agree. I thought Armagh were the better team although Cavan had a huge desire and work-rate which made up for a lot of it. Good to see a solid effort from a Cavan team. If we could instill that in our seniors I'd be a lot happier.

I thought Armagh were easily the better team today and should have been out of sight particularly after the Armagh number 6 whose name escapes me moved on to Cavan's number 14.  That said Armagh's shooting was at times very poor today and the stupidly tried to protect the lead for the last ten minutes when they could and should have pushed on for scores.  A big improvement will be required for the final and subsequent match
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

orange2009

Videos as Armagh march into their second successive Ulster Minor Final by beating Cavan 1-10 to 0-11

http://armagh-gaa.com/Orchard-TV/News/VIDEO--Minors-reach-Ulster-final-after-overcoming-.aspx

Any craic

http://www.youtube.com/user/UlsterGAA - action from the last few dramatic minutes in Clones and the new pitch

mountainboii

Great result for Armagh, not so great display. Not a hope against Tyrone if that many lads are below par again. Must've hit somewhere around 15-20 wides, should've been long home and hosed instead of having heart in mouth moments in injury time as Cavan went forward. In fairness to Cavan, they defended well and forced a lot of bad shooting. Probably took the sending off to nudge Armagh free a bit, it killed off Cavan as an attacking force but they remained tight in defence. The goal was fortunate enough. Very big Cavan support there, fair play to them.

From an Armagh point of view:

Keeper was fine. Was it he that got a touch on a Cavan shot that hit the post and went out for a 45? If it was, then it was a fantastic save. Couldn't understand why he was so eager to take quick, short kick outs in the second half when we were utterly dominant at midfield.

FB line looked ropey at times until King went back in there. Looks like he's going to do the McKenna job this year, and pick up the opposition dangerman.

HB line went forward well. Nugent was impressive.

Midfield were totally on top. Even if the rest of the team aren't firing at 100%, such a powerful midfield will always give you a chance.

Thought the HF line played a bit too deep. McKenna was a very good addition, arguably the pick of the forwards. Didn't happen for Forker. You can be forgiven for getting your barings wrong once and dropping a shot short, but to do it three times in quick succession is beyond careless. Seeley is a good footballer, but needs to impose himself more on the game in open play.

FF had a bad day. At least, I hope it was just a bad day and that they'll be better in the final. Didn't happen at all for McGeown, but everyone has bad days, no point going into a huff about it. Stevenson showed very well for the ball, and had to deal with a lot of shit ball into him. But he could do with knowing his limitations a bit better. A lot of silly shots when passes were better options. I like Rafferty as a player, but he just couldn't get on the ball enough. Maybe he was well marked, or maybe it was just one of those games.

Conlon and McParland came on for McGeown and Forker. McParland hadn't time to do much. Conlon got a longer run, but couldn't really get into the game either.

But, back in an Ulster final to everyone's huge credit. Games against Tyrone and Cork/ Kerry to look forward to. Hopefully it'll be a busy month ahead with both seniors and minors.

Any craic

Agreed with all that AFS, and looking at a few short clips here, the fella King was very good. He was on the Armagh hurling minor team last week in the Ulster Final so that's a rare double. http://www.youtube.com/user/UlsterGAA//

Any craic

Was it not Carragher who got the goal? He seems to claim it on this clip but the Hogan Stand says it was Gough?

mhacadoir

It was Carragher. You could see it clearly from the Gerry Arthurs side.

David McKeown

Quote from: mhacadoir on July 05, 2010, 11:15:26 PM

Looked a square ball to me in the clip on the website
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

mhacadoir

Quote from: David McKeown on July 05, 2010, 11:45:51 PM
Quote from: mhacadoir on July 05, 2010, 11:15:26 PM

Looked a square ball to me in the clip on the website

It may have been, it looks close. if you look at the video, gough (9) is standing outside the square so definitely wasnt him who scored the goal. Couldn't work that out myself when i picked up the paper this morning

tyroneman

Will Grugan be back from suspension for this one?