Connacht Minor Championship 2010

Started by SLIGONIAN, May 10, 2010, 12:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Galway 5-17 New York 1-3 FT

Got this from HS, nothing other source to go on as the lads here dont seem to go to galway matches, so apologies if wrong.

It was as expected, NY had to come over because galway arent allowed play away from home, we play them next and for the 3rd or 4th yr concevitly away.

Im sure Mulhern was at it this evening, Ive heard rumours James Connolly our FB just got injured, cruciate, he is some loss if true, Liam Kennedy is still touch and go and thats to 2 top class minors out of the FB line straight away. I still Sligo have a serious team and will be very hard beat but injuires like the above are a disaster as we dont have the back up.

Should be interesting as you really cant go on the CML but it seemed even enough to me, leitrim would be my dark horses tbh. Mayo and Galway will always be there or thereabouts as usual but are beatable. Roscommon if that was there best 15 against us havent a hope but i doubt it was, so havent a clue about them.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Unlike other years where not expecting much from our lot this time, away to Mayo could be a early end for the first time in years  :(
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 10, 2010, 12:44:05 AM

. Roscommon if that was there best 15 against us havent a hope

No hope this year for us I'm afraid. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

galwayman

Was a stroll in the park for Galway to be honest. New York were very poor though. Any of the other teams in Connacht would have run up a big score against them also. It is not a vintage Galway team by any stretch of the imagination and I would fancy Sligo to beat us in the next round. Don't know how Galway are favourites for Connacht according to Paddy Power.

Tatler Jack

Interesting that 3 of the Galway forwards are from Gaeltacht club Michael Breatnach's and 3 defenders from Ballinasloe!!

galwayman

O'Griofa motm vs New York with 1-6 is out of the semi against Sligo now with a broken foot I believe.Huge loss as he seems to be the most consistent and dangerous forward on the team.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: galwayman on May 12, 2010, 08:14:49 PM
O'Griofa motm vs New York with 1-6 is out of the semi against Sligo now with a broken foot I believe.Huge loss as he seems to be the most consistent and dangerous forward on the team.

Well its never nice hearing of player injuries, but we are decimated aswell. To be honest id nearly write this yr off for us. Some outrageously talented footballers who have serious potential and will hopefully develop but its not looking like coming together this yr with injuries.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"