Are you a snobby ****

Started by pintsofguinness, April 28, 2010, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well? are you a ****?

Yes
No

deiseach

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 29, 2010, 02:39:25 PM
I worked with a lad in the UK who answered his phone "Carruthers" no hello, or can I help you just his surname nothing else. He was a knob

Carruthers? I thought that was a name made up by PG Wodehouse

bingobus

This whole thread is beneath me.

ziggysego

Quote from: bingobus on April 29, 2010, 03:12:22 PM
This whole thread is beneath me.

Well at this point of posting, the vast majority is above you.

I'll get my coat  :-\
Testing Accessibility

Celt_Man

Strange that I would still refer to the auld pair as Mam and Dad, while the sister calls one by her first name but Dad is still Dad.

I remember when I was younger one of my aunts wanted me to refer to her as Auntie Mary or whatever...  it never took and the auld pair thought it was stupid too and would have stop me saying it anyway
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Puckoon

If I called my folks by "the auld man, or the auld doll" my dad would probably hit me a good dig in the gob.

I realise its ridiculous but here I am at 29 still calling 5ft women auntie kate, and auntie mary and so on. Nonsense when you think about it.

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on April 29, 2010, 03:53:30 PM
If I called my folks by "the auld man, or the auld doll" my dad would probably hit me a good dig in the gob.

I realise its ridiculous but here I am at 29 still calling 5ft women auntie kate, and auntie mary and so on. Nonsense when you think about it.

I'm the same Puck. I dont think its that strange though to call anyone Aunt Mary or Aunty Jane or whatever - I don't know - always done in my family. My father still calls his Aunt, Aunt Maura....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

tyrone girl

Dont think have ever called my old pair ma or da or mum or dad to their faces - its always mummy or daddy if im addressing them - sounds ridiculous - though brothers and sisters are all the same

ziggysego

Quote from: tyrone girl on April 29, 2010, 05:14:45 PM
Dont think have ever called my old pair ma or da or mum or dad to their faces - its always mummy or daddy if im addressing them - sounds ridiculous - though brothers and sisters are all the same

Same with me. Mummy and Daddy. However if I'm referring to them, it's Mum and Dad.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Iceman on April 29, 2010, 02:45:52 PM
Never felt comfortable being called Mr. but I think its a generation thing.

When anyone calls me Mr. XXXX I think my Da is standing behind me or something.

Wouldn't be a big fan of calling parents by their first names - IMO its disrespectful but each to their own.
It's disrespectful to call someone by their name????

We don't use aunty _______ or uncle _________ in my family either apart from one aunty and she's only called aunty____________ because an uncle is married to someone of the same name.

Someone said mr and mrs is a generation thing, it's not here, nor is it a class thing, every bollocks introduces themselves as mr ___________ and mrs ____________.  Thing that gets me though is that most of them would call me by my first name...

and passedit, shes's you're mother in law, the grandmother to your children, part of your family (whether you like it or not) and you're calling her mrs?  ???
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Lady GAA GAA

This'll get my vote for thread of the year when the time comes.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on April 29, 2010, 05:37:52 PM

Same with me. Mummy and Daddy. However if I'm referring to them, it's Mum and Dad.

Mummy and Daddy  :D I find it hilarious that someone over the age of 5 would say Mummy  :D

I call my parents Ma and Da when talking to them and about them
You'll Never Walk Alone.

leenie

i would never call my parents by their names... always mammy and daddy, ocassionally ould boy and ould doll but thats when i am messing with them, Mother and father when they are annoying me.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 29, 2010, 06:44:32 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 29, 2010, 05:37:52 PM

Mummy and Daddy  :D I find it hilarious that someone over the age of 5 would say Mummy  :D

I call my parents Ma and Da when talking to them and about them
Same as that. Ma and da everytime.

lurganblue

Girls seem to go with the mummy and daddy craic. The wife still calls her parents mummy and daddy.

I use ma and da. Or in lurgan it's mai and dai

pintsofguinness

I hate "mummy" - "mammy" is much better.

I also hate "mum"
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?