Sugar Shane Mosley vs Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather: 01/05/10

Started by DirtyDozen12, April 28, 2010, 12:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Quote from: ross4life on April 29, 2010, 05:53:04 PM
What time will this fight be on? i guess when we all come in from the night out??

Wouldn't say the big fight will be on until after 4.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Schkite on May 01, 2010, 10:08:44 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 29, 2010, 05:53:04 PM
What time will this fight be on? i guess when we all come in from the night out??

Wouldn't say the big fight will be on until after 4.

Repeated on sky sports at 1030hrs tomorrow morning

would guess will start around 0415-0430hrs in the morning.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

JimStynes

AbbeySider

Quote from: JimStynes on May 02, 2010, 09:57:17 AM
Business as usual for Money

Ya Mosley faded badly in latter rounds but the first two were exciting

Club Rossa

Comfortable win for Mayweather,Mosley took a good bit of punishment and was unable to cope with Floyd's lightning hand speed.

JimStynes

Hope Mayweather and Pacquiao can get the fight sorted now. One of biggest fights in Boxing history no doubt

Schkite

Aye Mayweather destroyed him over the course of the fight, he was just far too fast and accurate for Mosley to cope. Mosley really had him rocked in the 2nd round though but Floyd was cute enough to hold onto his arm til he recovered, very close to being knocked down there.

On a side note did ye see the young lad Alvarez fighting on the undercard, born and bred Mexican but looks as Irish as anyone you'd see! Pale skin, freckles and ginger hair!  :D Think he has an Irish mother which would explain it but looks funny all the same. He turned pro when he was 15 and is now unbeaten after 33 fights and still only 19!  :o They sure do start them early in Mexico.

sammymaguire

he fights like an irish gypsy too, looks hard as nails and his punching power and stamina is relentless
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

CiKe

Mayweather was awesome, never thought I would see Mosley take such a beating. If Maywaether-Pacquiao is made, will this be the first ever time that the top two consensus P4P have got it on?

ross4life

Easy win for Mayweather but Mosley really tested his chin in the opening rounds

Next up has to be Pacman & should be worth the wait
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

DennistheMenace

As expected a routine win for Mayweatherand Mosley bar round 2 was pretty disappointing.

Always though Mosley was a tad overrated after the Margarito win and he looked every bit the older man in the ring.

stew

Quote from: CiKe on May 02, 2010, 01:37:00 PM
Mayweather was awesome, never thought I would see Mosley take such a beating. If Maywaether-Pacquiao is made, will this be the first ever time that the top two consensus P4P have got it on?

Dont get carried away, he was fighting an ld man who hadnt fought in fifteen months and who still managed to rock his world in the second round.

Pac man will beat the living shite out of money, the problem is it probably wont happen, Mayweather is a very cagey dude and knows when to fight opponents, I think he knows full well Pac man will beat him and that is why I dont think it will happen. If this fight does go ahead I think Pac man beats him in six or less, he is that good.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

CiKe

i'm not getting carried away Stew, Mayweather's display bar the second round was close on perfection, and you may be forgetting he has fought only once in about 30 months. It was very nearly as impressive at Pacman beating Cotto, and the only reason that was more impressive was because Manny has moved through more weight classes. Shane has a much better chin than Cotto, is a heavier puncher, and no one has dominated him like that. Winky clearly beat him (although he is much bigger man) as did Forrest, but neither of them hadn't him such a lesson.

Don't get me wrong Pac Man can beat him and may well do so and if he does then he will likely be acclaimed as the Greatest of All Time. Like him or loathe him Mayweather is up there with the most skillful boxers of all time - best defensive fighter I have seen bar none, and that includes Sweet Pea.