Smoking Ban

Started by Square Ball, February 11, 2007, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

armaghniac

Not sure if smoking makes you "look hard", it might suggest you were dense though!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

stew

The smoking ban will be brilliant, I never smoked in my life and I never go out to bars anymore because I end up hacking half the night and cant sleep so i dont bother my arse. I will be on the first plane home though when it is implemented. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bignifanatic

I smoke cigars and I like the odd puff on the pipe and this ban is a disgrace and infringes upon my rights, if you hate smoking stay at home because why should i have to change my lifestyle to accomodate non smokers, surely it is my right to smoke given that the government say that smoking is legal and they make billions of pounds off the back of tobacco and drink.

This will hurt the bar trade and have a negatibe effect on the economy so by all means bring it on. :o

ziggysego

Quote from: stew on February 12, 2007, 01:51:21 PM
I will be on the first plane home though when it is implemented. ;D

Scrap the ban. Make smoking compulsory ;)
Testing Accessibility

Elias

Utter ballox NI. Smoking is the single biggest cause of lung cancer and heart disease in this country and any worker in the entertainment industry deserves protection. It is the governments duty to do this, and at long last they are.

Noone is saying you can't smoke, just not in non smokers faces. The same arguements about trade being affected were raised prior to the ban coming into the south but after an initial slump in sales normal service has resumed.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: bignifanatic on February 12, 2007, 03:17:28 PM
I smoke cigars and I like the odd puff on the pipe and this ban is a disgrace and infringes upon my rights, if you hate smoking stay at home because why should i have to change my lifestyle to accomodate non smokers, surely it is my right to smoke given that the government say that smoking is legal and they make billions of pounds off the back of tobacco and drink.

This will hurt the bar trade and have a negatibe effect on the economy so by all means bring it on. :o

I hate smoking, this ban is brilliant, you smoking in the same room as me infringes on my civil rights, if you love smoking you stay at home, why should I contract lung cancer just to accomadate smokers, surely it is my right to stay healthy given that the government wants me to be healthy and save billions of pounds on not treating cancer patients

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

armaghniac

Quotef you hate smoking stay at home

W**king is also legal and more popular than smoking, but I don't see why it should be allowed in pubs. But then an NI fan, even a fake one, wouldn't be big into other people's rights.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Square Ball

Quote from: armaghniac on February 12, 2007, 06:16:06 PM
Quotef you hate smoking stay at home

W**king is also legal and more popular than smoking, but I don't see why it should be allowed in pubs.

Classic
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

40 days til the Smoking Ban in the north and cigs to go up 11p for a packet of 20, whilst VAT is reduced on nicotine patches.

How's the "I'm definitely giving up smoking on 30 April" campaign..................
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

muppet

QuoteAny man who wears the same clothes two days running should be ashamed of themselves.

Forrest why would you be running for two days?
MWWSI 2017

el_cuervo_fc

I wasnt' doin too bad until the weekend, was off them for a few weeks, but after6 pints on saturday the smokes were flowing.  been off them again since the weekend so not feeling to bad about it.

the oul lungs take an awful hammering when u go back on them.  hangover is brutal as well

magpie seanie

Congrats on joining civilised society by banning this horrible habit. Only downside is the smell of the farts which can be terrible as can the smell from the bogs.

QuoteThis will hurt the bar trade and have a negatibe effect on the economy so by all means bring it on

The flat earthers were proved wrong about this in the Republic and it will be so again. Businesses adapt becasue they have to.

Windmill abu

QuoteW**king is also legal and more popular than smoking, but I don't see why it should be allowed in pubs.

Are you a twenty a day man?
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Anyone heading to Wales from Monday next, no smoking ban comes into effect there on 2 April.

I still can't see much work happening in northern bars, or even posters around the pubs, advertising the ban in the north for 30 April.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"