South Armagh woman attacked in Chicago

Started by mhacadoir, April 24, 2010, 06:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 24, 2010, 07:28:19 PM

Word is not good on this girl's condition.

Is she any relation of paul mcshane or mickey?

Paul the minor manager and Mickey who use to play for the bridge? all different families.
Area is full of McShanes.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on April 25, 2010, 09:49:44 AM
Strange how small the world is. The girl from Silverbridge, Natasha, is known to many of my family in South Armagh. The girl she was with is from my town here in the states.

Here is the local reporting

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/2196018,042510bat.article

When Jurich tried to help McShane, the robber struck Jurich in the head again, her mother said. She said her daughter screamed for a cabbie to stop his taxi, but the man saw the blood on her clothes and kept going.

Unreal.

Doogie Browser

haveaharp

Jesus thats terrible. Hope she makes it - an awful thing for the parents to be getting news like that.

Baile an tuaigh

Went to the hospital Sunday night to visit again. Got to meet some of Natasha's friends who had seen her on the Saturday as well. They said a lot of the swelling had went down on her head and she looked a little better. Must say though the hospital that she's in appears to be taking great care of her. They are being very cautious with everything they do.

Just of the phone with one of the friends and they are taking Natasha down for cat scans. No one bar the parents are allowed near her Incase of air born diseases etc. The wee American girl is up and talking but goes into fits every so often. It looks like the police will catch the culprit very soon. Some very good leads. 

stew

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on April 26, 2010, 05:24:59 PM
Went to the hospital Sunday night to visit again. Got to meet some of Natasha's friends who had seen her on the Saturday as well. They said a lot of the swelling had went down on her head and she looked a little better. Must say though the hospital that she's in appears to be taking great care of her. They are being very cautious with everything they do.

Just of the phone with one of the friends and they are taking Natasha down for cat scans. No one bar the parents are allowed near her Incase of air born diseases etc. The wee American girl is up and talking but goes into fits every so often. It looks like the police will catch the culprit very soon. Some very good leads.

Thanks for the updates baile, I pray they both recover and also that they catch the scum that did this, the yanks will take no shite and the evil bastard will do serious time and I hope they do him or them for attempted murder.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on April 26, 2010, 05:24:59 PM

I heard the swelling increased again today when they took off some of the machines and they had to put them back on, still seems to be an improvement though which is great. apparently they're saying next 48 hours are crucial. Please God some good news then or before it. 

stpauls

god help that poor girl!! lets hope she gets better very soon, and there is nothing done that will cause any long term damage!!
fingers crossed also that the cops catch the feckers responsible for this cowardly attack!

Baile an tuaigh

As a bricklayer I am the furthest a way to make a comment on the medical field. But what the friends were saying is that the doctors through drugs temporally paralysed Natasha. Apparently this is to settle her down and would help with the swelling. Yesterday they tried weaning her off the drugs and she was making movements with her arms and legs. However they didn't want to "excite" or "shock" her body so they put her back on them again.

Feel horrible for the family they must be emotionally and physically wrecked. Still I believe they will do what they humanly can to save her. Please God.

J70

Fair play to you Baile an tuaigh. I'm sure the family are very appreciative for the concern and kindness you've shown. Hope she makes a full recovery. There aren't many worse things than senseless, random violence... just being in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Cde

now would there be any chance in getting him extradited to South Armagh and  deal with him there

Lady GAA GAA

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on April 26, 2010, 07:31:07 PM
As a bricklayer I am the furthest a way to make a comment on the medical field. But what the friends were saying is that the doctors through drugs temporally paralysed Natasha. Apparently this is to settle her down and would help with the swelling. Yesterday they tried weaning her off the drugs and she was making movements with her arms and legs. However they didn't want to "excite" or "shock" her body so they put her back on them again.

Feel horrible for the family they must be emotionally and physically wrecked. Still I believe they will do what they humanly can to save her. Please God.

That sounds positive, or at least some form of progress like.

Quote from: Cde on April 27, 2010, 04:57:54 PM
now would there be any chance in getting him extradited to South Armagh and  deal with him there

The only laugh in an otherwise grim thread.

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Celt_Man

Sickening attack...  Hope she is getting better and the pair of scumbags get sent down
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010