6 counties election

Started by Ulick, April 22, 2010, 10:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

The Brits fucked up by wining and dining yer SDLP man in Afghanistan ... they should have invited Ritchie instead, the Taliban would have been sprinting down from the mountains with their hands up or detonating their suicide vests en masse once that idiot started into her spiel

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 23, 2010, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 08:47:54 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 23, 2010, 08:40:15 AM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 08:36:06 AM
Quote from: cabra_harps on April 23, 2010, 01:28:06 AM
Aye I was rthinkin same thing, that came out of nowhere. He didnt half keep battering away about it either!
yeah and it had nothing to do with the election either.  He's an asshole of the highest order

How does a relevation about the political sympathies of a major party in the North have "nothing to do with the election."
What, 1 MLA was in Iraq to see what British forces were doing?  How does that translate into " the political sympathies of a major party in the North"?  What has Iraq got to do with the election here?  Are there not many more far more important things for the electorate to judge people on?  Like, if a politician has/had links with murdering b**tards?  Or if they repeatedly lie about their background?  Or what about economics?  no, none of that matters to the provos

No doubt I'll not get a response to this because you are too mature and intelligent to reply to me of late but I'll reply to your post anyway. Whether you accept it or not, the IRA were only one side in the conflict in Ireland. The British Army were another. As a result, a member of the stoops running away to Afghanistan courtesy of the MoD IS an issue of relevance.
Only to stupid shinners who can't see what really matters like hospitals, the health service, the economy and actually helping constituents with problems that they have.  This shit of abstentionism they only adopt for Westminster now, they have gladly accepted their role in the administration of the north as partners along with the DUP.  To say there is no difference between sitting in 1 British establishment and another is such bullshit only a shinner could have come out with it.

As someone else said, they are only out for themselves.  I was out when they called to seek my vote and I really wish I hadn't been.  Shower of shit
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Nally Stand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 07:34:32 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 23, 2010, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 08:47:54 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 23, 2010, 08:40:15 AM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 08:36:06 AM
Quote from: cabra_harps on April 23, 2010, 01:28:06 AM
Aye I was rthinkin same thing, that came out of nowhere. He didnt half keep battering away about it either!
yeah and it had nothing to do with the election either.  He's an asshole of the highest order

How does a relevation about the political sympathies of a major party in the North have "nothing to do with the election."
What, 1 MLA was in Iraq to see what British forces were doing?  How does that translate into " the political sympathies of a major party in the North"?  What has Iraq got to do with the election here?  Are there not many more far more important things for the electorate to judge people on?  Like, if a politician has/had links with murdering b**tards?  Or if they repeatedly lie about their background?  Or what about economics?  no, none of that matters to the provos

No doubt I'll not get a response to this because you are too mature and intelligent to reply to me of late but I'll reply to your post anyway. Whether you accept it or not, the IRA were only one side in the conflict in Ireland. The British Army were another. As a result, a member of the stoops running away to Afghanistan courtesy of the MoD IS an issue of relevance.
Only to stupid shinners who can't see what really matters like hospitals, the health service, the economy and actually helping constituents with problems that they have.  This shit of abstentionism they only adopt for Westminster now, they have gladly accepted their role in the administration of the north as partners along with the DUP.  To say there is no difference between sitting in 1 British establishment and another is such bullshit only a shinner could have come out with it.

As someone else said, they are only out for themselves.  I was out when they called to seek my vote and I really wish I hadn't been.  Shower of shit

A response which once again demonstrates your level of maturity.
Have you never got the hint yet from the amount of people who have noted that your replies to posts rarely even deal with the points made by the poster you are replying to, but rather you tend to come out with insults and trash talk (and often run away and ignore people)?
Not once in your reply to me did you refer to the actual point of discussion (ie the MoD, the SDLP and their 'man in Afghan').
If you wish to change the subject to abstentionism from Westminster can I make a number of points? Firstly, one issue that prevents SF from sitting in Westminster is taking an oath of allegiance to a British Monarch. As an Irish republican party it would make them hypocritical to take such an oath. Furthermore, unlike the SDLP, Sinn Fein are open about their abstentionism. On a final point, the assembly is an institution which deals with the majority of day to day issues here on the Island of Ireland which cannot be said for Westminster. It is also not merely a british institution as unlike Westminster, it is intertwined with an All-Ireland cross border body. You may not like that fact and think SF are being hypocrites but unfortunately for you, their stance is vindicated by the huge level of electoral support in comparison to the SDLPs. But of course everyone is stupid except you and the declining number of SDLP voters out there eh?? SF have a mandate, maybe it's time you learnt to respect that?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ardmhachaabu

NS, see right at the end of the post I replied to?  You posted a statement and I answered it

Oh and I will never respect murderers, liars and thieves
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Nally Stand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 08:08:58 PM
I will never respect murderers, liars and thieves

AGAIN A MATURE RESPONSE Please try to engage in debate some day will you??

Though I'm glad we're finally getting back to the original topic of discussion (the MoD/British Army). Would you then condemn the sdlp's involvement with these murderers, liars and thiefs through their man in Afghan?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ardmhachaabu

I am giving my opinion of the shinners, if you don't like what I say I suggest you ignore me because I will never say anythng good about them.

Do you understand?  I am trying to make it as simple as possible for you because you obviously need everything spelt out to you

Nally Stand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 08:23:17 PM
I am giving my opinion of the shinners, if you don't like what I say I suggest you ignore me because I will never say anythng good about them.

Do you understand?  I am trying to make it as simple as possible for you because you obviously need everything spelt out to you

Ignore you? No this is a discussion board. Unlike you I don't resort to childish tactics. And I didnt ask you to say anything 'nice' about SF. Enough people out there vote for them to vindicate their politics.
What I am asking of you is that you stop being a coward and discuss the points I have raised about the SDLP. To assist you with this request, I'll repost my main quotes for you below:

"If you wish to change the subject to abstentionism from Westminster can I make a number of points? Firstly, one issue that prevents SF from sitting in Westminster is taking an oath of allegiance to a British Monarch. As an Irish republican party it would make them hypocritical to take such an oath. Furthermore, unlike the SDLP, Sinn Fein are open about their abstentionism. On a final point, the assembly is an institution which deals with the majority of day to day issues here on the Island of Ireland which cannot be said for Westminster. It is also not merely a british institution as unlike Westminster, it is intertwined with an All-Ireland cross border body."

"Whether you accept it or not, the IRA were only one side in the conflict in Ireland. The British Army were another. As a result, a member of the stoops running away to Afghanistan courtesy of the MoD IS an issue of relevance."

"Would you then condemn the sdlp's involvement with these murderers, liars and thiefs through their man in Afghan?"

ardmhachaabu

NS, can you not read?  I already replied to you on that

Quit with the childish routine of continually asking the same questions because you don't like the replies you get and read what people are saying

Over to you and as I said, don't repeat your question again

Got it?

Nally Stand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 08:37:21 PM
NS, can you not read?  I already replied to you on that

Quit with the childish routine of continually asking the same questions because you don't like the replies you get and read what people are saying

Over to you and as I said, don't repeat your question again

Got it?

Well do me the honour of quoting to me where you replied to me on MY POINTS regarding:

1. Abstentionism
2. The assmebly not being a plain and simple british institution
3. The SDLP's afghan link

I must not be able to read because I cannot see anywhere where you sepcifically replied to points I made on these topics. So again, please quote your (invisible) replies again which relate to my issues on these topics

ardmhachaabu

I already made my position clear on abstentionism, did you not read it?
The assembly is a british institution, they pay for it and pay for all the lazy MLAs
1 SDLP MLA went to Afghanistan - for that we have Adams's word for now, given that it happened, it doesn't amount to anything real which wil change anyone's life in the north

Nally Stand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 09:12:32 PM
I already made my position clear on abstentionism, did you not read it?
The assembly is a british institution, they pay for it and pay for all the lazy MLAs
1 SDLP MLA went to Afghanistan - for that we have Adams's word for now, given that it happened, it doesn't amount to anything real which wil change anyone's life in the north

Firstly, considering that is the FIRST mention you made of the afghan connection and the first mention you made IN RESPONSE to my points about the assembly and abstentionism, will you now admit that you were being dishonest when you claimed to have responded on these issues before now? Or have you already admitted it in your lack of quotes from these responses of yours which I asked you to provide perhaps. Please note that your mention of abstentionism was a topic YOU brought up, and I have asked you for your replies to my response to the initial point you made on the issue.

And for the sake of continuing the discussion on these topics (saying as it took so long to get you to this stage) can I ask you do you understand my point on why SF abstain in Westminster and not from the assembly? (I know you dont like me repeating my own quotes so I trust that you will go back and read my explanation as to why they abstain from one and not the other.)

As for afghanistan, it does amount to something. The SDLP claim to be opposed to the war in Afghanistan, so I ask you three questions in this regard:
1. How is this SDLP action consistent with their stated position?
2. How can the SDLP expect people to trust them in Westminster if their actions are directly contradictory to their stated policy on Afghanistan?
3. If, as you say, this trip to Afghanistan has no impact on life in the north of Ireland, WHY are the SDLP then working with the MoD in Afghanistan????

I await your specific answers to the five questions in this post with interest.

ardmhachaabu

If you read what I have already typed you will have no need to constantly ask the same things

Thanks

Nally Stand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 09:33:40 PM
If you read what I have already typed you will have no need to constantly ask the same things

Thanks

Running away again then ::)

Maguire01

I wish someone would tell Gerry that it's Westminster and not Westminister.

Main Street

I thought Gerry's version had longer esses in it.