Sligo V Antrim Division 3 Final

Started by SLIGONIAN, April 20, 2010, 12:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprinter

It's a disgrace o Hara isn't playing, a total disgrace and that goes for the other two tourlestrane players as well. O hara scored 2-4 in A Vs B game on Saturday what more does Walsh want. When Sligo is struggling on Saturday like last years final they will look for O Hara to lead them out off trouble again and win the dirty ball and control the game as he always does. Roll on 5th of  June and then a tough backdoor opponent away the following week and that will be it over for the year. Five weeks solid training then with club and hopefully we will win back to back titles. O Hara should pull out of the county a man that has given so much to Sligo and they couldn't even include him in the team for Saturday probably his last chance to start a game in Coke Park a disgrace ................ 

ross4life

3/4 years ago O Hara was the heartbeat of this Sligo team not anymore time moves on.. why should Walsh change a winning team? Having O Hara on a bench is a nice option to have but to expect a 35 year old to still be a good as he was is expecting to much
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: sprinter on April 21, 2010, 02:41:03 PM
It's a disgrace o Hara isn't playing, a total disgrace and that goes for the other two tourlestrane players as well. O hara scored 2-4 in A Vs B game on Saturday what more does Walsh want. When Sligo is struggling on Saturday like last years final they will look for O Hara to lead them out off trouble again and win the dirty ball and control the game as he always does. Roll on 5th of  June and then a tough backdoor opponent away the following week and that will be it over for the year. Five weeks solid training then with club and hopefully we will win back to back titles. O Hara should pull out of the county a man that has given so much to Sligo and they couldn't even include him in the team for Saturday probably his last chance to start a game in Coke Park a disgrace ................

Crazy post but hardly suprising ::), it stinks of the my club only syndrome and fck the rest which is pretty much the atitude that has held the County back for eons, when it mattered more about what club your from and who your father was than it did what kinda football ability you had. As Ross4life says O Hara will never start again for Sligo so get over it, he will be used as an impact sub to close out a game ie offaly or try and get us back into one. He should accept this and im sure he does, its about the future, if we dont move on from O Hara we are fcked for the future. Weve got to learn to get on without him too. His experience is vital and I think we are using him to perfection at the min, keeping him fresh and injury free at 35.

As for 2 others should be starting, Guaghan has got plenty of gametime and chances to prove himself, besides Cavan game hes been mediocre, so Im not suprised hes dropped, kennedy hasnt a hope of starting with Cawley playing so well, and the defence as a whole.

Why is it down yer way ye cant put Sligo first when it comes to county? When i go to county games, i dont see any club colours, they are all one to me. Sligonians.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Mano

I'd have to agree with Sprinter on this one. Eamon O'Hara should definately be starting if fully fit. He's 35 but only last year dragged us back into the game against Galway when he moved out from full forward and also was one of our better players against Kerry. Think its a disgrace that the best club in the county is not represented on the county team.

If its a straight swap between Quinn and Eamon there should only be one option. Its nothing to do with the 'old syndrome' Eamon was still one of Sligos better players last year and is still a much better player than most of the starters on Saturday. Sligonian you have changed your tune on this also (not surprsing as you change you mind like the wind).
If Antrim get a quick start Eamon will be summoned quickly by that stage it may be too late.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mano on April 21, 2010, 06:16:15 PM
I'd have to agree with Sprinter on this one. Eamon O'Hara should definately be starting if fully fit. He's 35 but only last year dragged us back into the game against Galway when he moved out from full forward and also was one of our better players against Kerry. Think its a disgrace that the best club in the county is not represented on the county team.

If its a straight swap between Quinn and Eamon there should only be one option. Its nothing to do with the 'old syndrome' Eamon was still one of Sligos better players last year and is still a much better player than most of the starters on Saturday. Sligonian you have changed your tune on this also (not surprsing as you change you mind like the wind).
If Antrim get a quick start Eamon will be summoned quickly by that stage it may be too late.
How have i changed my tune? Elaborate please.

I know what O Hara can do and cant do, the jury is still out on F Quinn, its way more benficial to play him than O Hara whose days are coming to an end. I wish Francis all the best. To say that because yer county champions ye should have more players on starting 15 is crazy. I suppose yer wondering why Gerry McGowan isnt picked as he was yer main scorer last yr ::) O Haras days are numbered becuase his body will be way more fragile at his age not his ability, lets use him wisely and sparingly IMO.

I think its fair that no Tourlestrane player is starting on Saturday and can understand fully the managements thinking and cant understand ye thinking its a disgrace.

stew

Sligonianis right, who gives a shite what club is represented at the county level, the manager feels he is using an aged player the right way, get behind him, support the county and cheer your boys on.

It is this neandertal club attitude that has gotten Sligo AND Antrim absolutely nowhere over the decades, both counties have massively underachieved and this sort of shite is a part of the reason why.

How about the selectors put the 15 men they think are the best option they have out there against Antrim and see what happens.

Youse bhoys would fight with your fingernails, or some of you would.

Prediction: Sligo 0-12 Antrim 1-15.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: hardstation on April 21, 2010, 10:00:39 PM
Quote from: stew on April 21, 2010, 08:55:54 PM
Sligonianis right, who gives a shite what club is represented at the county level, the manager feels he is using an aged player the right way, get behind him, support the county and cheer your boys on.

It is this neandertal club attitude that has gotten Sligo AND Antrim absolutely nowhere over the decades, both counties have massively underachieved and this sort of shite is a part of the reason why.

How about the selectors put the 15 men they think are the best option they have out there against Antrim and see what happens.

Youse bhoys would fight with your fingernails, or some of you would.

Prediction: Sligo 0-12 Antrim 1-5.
What are you basing this prediction on?

Must be a typo hardstation. Fixed it for Stew. ;)

ross4life

Didn't Sligo win this final with the last kick of game last year?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: hardstation on April 22, 2010, 12:31:33 AM
We could beat Sligo by 6 alright but no more than Sligo could beat us by 6.

A bold prediction. With stew being in Green Bay, Awayfarland, I'm just curious about his reason for a handy enough win for us. Surely Div 3 games were not on the internet?

I cant see this being anything other than a tight game, i will be hugely suprised if any team runs away with it. I still think Sligo will win but by no more than 2 pts. McGee is a huge boost, and Kelly is back in form and the whole team really is on a roll. 4 game winning streak so hopefully we'll continue the momentum into CSFC.

Ross4life we won it 1-12 to 1-10 with 14 men last 15 mins, to be honest we looked a fair bit better than them ;). Although if memory serves me one of the antrim players should of seen the line with an awful dangerous elbow on Guaghan. Sean davey saw the line for us after reacting to closed fist tackle. It was poor standard game last yr but im expecting alot better this yr but hopefully there will be no unpleasantrys this yr.

ross4life

Ok i remember a late score to secure the win, where was last years game played & when was the last time Antrim played in Croke Park?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on April 22, 2010, 01:07:40 AM
Ok i remember a late score to secure the win, where was last years game played & when was the last time Antrim played in Croke Park?

I seen Antrim in tommy murphy cup against Wicklow in 07, i think thats there last time. Our obviously All Ireland Qtr final that yr.

Ya it was 1-10 a piece and gaughan and marren got injury time winners. Marrens was a long range skyscraper. It was played as double header in longford with an attendance of under 2000, between, down, tipp, ourselves and antrim. Judging by the antrim crowd i doubt they know where longford is ;), joking  but I think ross carr was very vocal and critical of the venue so this yr its higher profile venue.

ross4life

ahh the good old Tommy Murphy cup it was great for the smaller team's to play in Croke park, i remember been at the Louth v leitrim match in 2006 great day out for both set of supporters

only 2000 for four teams! thats a bad showing? i like the Longford venue more game should be played there

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on April 22, 2010, 01:25:39 AM
ahh the good old Tommy Murphy cup it was great for the smaller team's to play in Croke park, i remember been at the Carlow v leitrim match in 2006 great day out for both set of supporters

only 2000 for four teams! thats a bad showing? i like the Longford venue more game should be played there
Its a fine ground surely. Its got All Ireland u21 semi in recent yrs and im sure itll more high profile games in future.

ross4life

Pearse park Longford was my First Away Gaa match my dad brought me to watch Donegal   ::) the place had some good improvements since & the pitch is now like a snooker table one of the best I've seen

Mano

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 21, 2010, 08:01:57 PM
How have i changed my tune? Elaborate please.
Before and after the recent U21 game you were on here criticising manager for not picking his strongest team and suggesting there were stronger players on the bench. The same situation is happening here. Eamon (34 not 35 btw) is a better player and more influential than most and you're endorsing the decision and even suggesting that he should be a sub against Mayo in the championship.

I know its not as important as u21 game but its a final and you need to field your strongest team.

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 21, 2010, 08:01:57 PM
I suppose yer wondering why Gerry McGowan isnt picked as he was yer main scorer last yr ::) O Haras days are numbered becuase his body will be way more fragile at his age not his ability, lets use him wisely and sparingly IMO.

No i wasn't wondering that. He was the main club scorer last year and for the last 15 years. He does take the frees though. He did his time with the county and probably was there a year or 2 too long. Whats your point?
Other 2 lads probably don't deserve to start. Kennedy too raw and not cynical enough to play corner back. Gaughan too inconsistent but can be excellent when on form.