Leitrim Senior Player Philip McGuinness - RIP

Started by Cosmo Kramer, April 18, 2010, 06:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Fíor Gael

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam. Heart breaking stuff.

Harold Disgracey

A nice tribute from Mickey Moran.

One of the nicest youngsters and exceptional footballers Ive ever worked with. Your smile said it all in both good and bad times. Your drive, enthusiasm, commitment, determination, loyalty and skill never waned because of your burning love of all things GAA. Philly you are the HEART of our team. You will be missed but not forgotten as your unbreakable SPIRIT lives on in us. I know you are smiling down on your beloved Mohill, your lovely Leitrim and everyone who loved you for being the lovely person you were and the perfect role model for every young aspiring footballer. In your short life you touched many people, enriched their lives and achieved so much. To the beautiful lad who was always cheerful, always singing, never complaining, thoughful, gentle and kind such a legacy you leave behind. I like many feel blessed to have shared time with you. There may now be a space at Home, a space at Work, a space in the Changing Room, a space in the Team but never a space in our Hearts for you.

MICKEY MORAN, Leitrim
Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 23:07                                  (Report inappropriate message)

INDIANA

An awful tragedy. Heart goes out to the family and friends. RIP.

And also to the other player.

rrhf

Hardy

Aaron Boone

RIP Philip.

If ok to ask, any funeral arrangements yet?

gerry

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 20, 2010, 09:30:41 PM
RIP Philip.

If ok to ask, any funeral arrangements yet?

thursday, going by tonights news, may he rest in peace
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

BigJohnBrowne

seafoid

The online book of condolence had messages from all over the country including from people like Mickey Harte and Joe Kernan. I think that is what the GAA is all about.

venter

Thats frightening and shocking news. The poor lad.

RIP

BigJohnBrowne

Quote from: seafoid on April 21, 2010, 02:09:13 PMall over the country including from people like Mickey Harte and Joe Kernan. I think that is what the GAA is all about.

Spent hours going through book......

- words you need too use above are: World not "country" and This is not "I think".   
Show me a continent this has not reached.............

Heartbreaking comments, some very very personal, puts all our problems in perspective.  It's hard but it'll do you good to read the book.

Stall the Bailer