Leitrim Senior Player Philip McGuinness - RIP

Started by Cosmo Kramer, April 18, 2010, 06:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: J70 on April 18, 2010, 07:15:49 PM
Hope he pulls through and gets back to full health.

Anyone know what happened? A player from my club died in the late-80s as a result of head injuries he received when he was shoulder-tackled and collided with a wall around the perimeter of the pitch. Complete (and totally accidental) freak occurrence.

Think I remember that. Was he a county U-21 for Donegal or something?

Very sad news to hear another one today.

RIP.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Very sorry to hear this.
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dhílis.
A tragic weekend in GAA circles in Leitrim/north Ros with 2 others as well as Philip.
Puts losing a U21 game in some perspective.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Gees that's shocking. To go out to play football and not come back, unthinkable.

Thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

First person I can recall dying from injuries sustained playing football since Paul McGirr.

Like someone previously said. Thoughts are also with whoever was unfortunate enough to be involved. I know if it were myself I'd be devestated and wouldn't be sleeping for a long time.

Kerry Mike

am so shocked to hear this very sad news, may he rest in peace and my depest sympathies to all his family and friends.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Mid Down Gael

BennyHarp

Bloody hell that's awful news! What a tragedy, thoughts are with his family and friends!
That was never a square ball!!

GaillimhIarthair

Absolutely terrible terrible news.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Dinny Breen

Very sad

#newbridgeornowhere

Real1995

Sad news that has shocked every GAA player / fan in the country....condolences to his family
Nice guys always finish second!

saffron sam2

Tragic and absolutely shocking news.

May God be good to him.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Milltown Row2

just logged on to check on Phillips progress. shocked and saddened that he has past away.

my condolences to his family and club mates. I'm sure all Gaels will have him in their thoughts before their next game they play or attend.

RIP
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Beard

Very sorry to hear this awful news. A terrible tragedy which puts other things into perspective. Condolences to his family and friends.

Yes I Would

RIP.. Phillips family, friends and fellow Leitrim gaels will be in my prayers!

Never beat the deeler

Just woke up this morning to hear this terrible news.

Heartfelt condolences to his family, friends and clubmates.

Absolutely tragic.
Hasta la victoria siempre