Leitrim Senior Player Philip McGuinness - RIP

Started by Cosmo Kramer, April 18, 2010, 06:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Just heard the news now. A terrible tragedy to the mans family and friends as well as the GAA. My thoughts are with his loved ones. RIP.

leenie

god rest his soul,

my condolences to his family, friends, club and county...
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

omagh_gael

RIP Philly

I hope you are at peace and that all of those close to you stay strong, god bless you.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

sammymaguire

I heard this afternoon around 2pm that the life support machine was turned off but was hoping that story was not the truth - awful news that a very talented footballer goes out to play a match on a Sat evening and never gets the chance to pull on his club or county colours again. Our condolences with the family and close friends and our thoughts to the young chap involved who I also heard was taking the accident badly as a result of what has happened
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Redhand Santa

moysider

Awful tragic thing to happen. My heart goes out to all belonging to him now. All that cared for and about him.

MadMayo

Poor lad, God bless him.... Rest In Pease.

RedandGreenSniper

He worked in Mayo apparently.

It is very hard to know what to say. God be good to his family, his friends, team mates and all those who were at the game, particularly the poor lad that collided with him. RIP.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

trileacman

My condolences to all of Phillip's family and his friends.

I think we should stay away from involving the other player in our posts as it could be construed that we are suggesting he was somehow at fault. I'm not telling anyone what to do but I don't think its appropriate to be associating anyone with this particularly tragic incident. I'm sure the person is being consoled by his own family and teammates and does not need to be referred to the incident on a condolences page.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

lynchbhoy

God rest his soul and comfort his family

Declan

GrandMasterFlash

Croí na hÉireann

Shocking, only heard about this yesterday, ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...