Member levels

Started by Fionntamhnach, November 09, 2006, 11:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fionntamhnach

Just a quick question to the admin. I assume on this SMF board there are member levels depending on the number of posts a contributor makes? e.g. nearly everyone right now is a "newbie" until they reach a certain amount of posts.

Assuming there's five different levels, what about a suggestion of labelling them?, from lowest to highest?

e.g.

Junior
Intermediate
Senior
County
All-Star?

A bit crap, but it'd be a little novel.

ziggysego

Break it up a bit more, but yes something like that could be fun. Can we rig Tony's to TimeWastingCrusier?
Testing Accessibility

stephenite

Yeah, Mayofans.com has the same system, mind you there will be a hell of a stampede to be the 'first' All Star ;D

ziggysego

I'm a member of other boards, that if you start replying to threads with meaningless posts like 'lol', then it won't count towards your rating.
Testing Accessibility

stephenite

Tyronelass

At that rate of going I'll never get off newbie, but felt the need to say so to at least get a 1 beside my name  ;D

ziggysego

Hi Tyronelass

Long time no chat. How you keeping?

Just trying to get you up to two ;)
Testing Accessibility

Tyronelass

Damn I'm close to my record, not sure if I'm ready to exceed it, people might think I'm not actually lass but an imposer and all sorts if that happened!  :o
Oh and I'm grand thanks  :)

liihb

took me 4 years to get to about 150 posts on the old board! I'll never make the county team
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Windmill abu

A major flaw in this rating system. Paddy Bradley could get an All Star
Never underestimate the power of complaining

tayto

Quote from: stephenite on November 09, 2006, 11:22:09 PM
Yeah, Mayofans.com has the same system, mind you there will be a hell of a stampede to be the 'first' All Star ;D

Like the avatar Stephenite!  ;D

any chance you can bring across the crappy smileys fromt he old forum, they were so god awful they're worth keeping?

amallon

What difference do member levels make?  If I post a 1000 times do I get extra privileges than someone with 50 posts? 

Also does anyone think that rewarding people for posting is a bad idea?  Could we end up with loads and loads of posts most of which aren't worth reading.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

cavanmaniac

QuoteCould we end up with loads and loads of posts most of which aren't worth reading.

Ask Tony Fearon, he's an authority on such matters.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Uladh

How did i end up looking at this topic after signing in?