Diesel Dippers

Started by offtheground, April 15, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: Final Whistle on February 20, 2011, 01:44:54 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on February 20, 2011, 11:10:03 AM
Heard that a member of staff in the Glenavon got the chop for Spreading the news that the customs bucko's were shacking up there for a fortnight.

Can anyone verify this? I sincerely hope that this is incorrect.

Not solid fact but heard from a secondary source.

Radda bout yeee

any word of these tramps going home!

MK

This mob at Loughbrickland all day!!
Only safe to go home now   ;)

Puckoon

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 14, 2011, 11:07:18 PM
Have always driven diesel cars and have never even been stopped by these fellas never mind dipped and I live less than 5 miles from the border in Armagh. Loads of cops out with the hairdryers lately though - had to hit the anchors at Keeley's in Armagh on Saturday and Kernan in Portadown today.

Was chatting to my father today about the dippers - he had the opinion (and had to be corrected by the mother) that they dont stop cars - because he's been driving diesel cars for 20 years and never once been stopped by this crowd.

new devil

Heard that a member of staff in the Glenavon got the chop for Spreading the news that the customs bucko's were shacking up there for a fortnight.

People should boycott that place for allowing them shower of bastards stay there

BenDover

Road tax crowd scanned a few estates in Armagh yesterday and clamped a few cars, if these cars had to have been parked on the driveways of the house could they still have been clamped?

aontroim

If they've not taxed the car and not applied for a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) i think they can clamp alright.

thebigfella

Quote from: aontroim on February 24, 2011, 11:44:35 AM
If they've not taxed the car and not applied for a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) i think they can clamp alright.

Not on you property, they have to have permission to come onto it. They can just look it up on a database and send out a fine though if a SORN hasn't been applied for.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thebigfella on February 24, 2011, 12:16:19 PM

Not on you property, they have to have permission to come onto it. They can just look it up on a database and send out a fine though if a SORN hasn't been applied for.
In true government fashion they probably have SORN applications and road tax details on separate databases with no means of querying whose car has no/expired tax and no SORN against it.

thebigfella

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 24, 2011, 01:35:15 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on February 24, 2011, 12:16:19 PM

In true government fashion they probably have SORN applications and road tax details on separate databases with no means of querying whose car has no/expired tax and no SORN against it.

Thus would be the norm but I know someone who has been caught out, so it must work ;)

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: new devil on February 24, 2011, 04:54:16 AM

People should boycott that place for allowing them shower of b**tards stay there

Dead right NEW DEVIL. But no doubt the clientele that the glen pen is attracting these days they'll be buying the dippers mojito's and carrying them to the VIP area for them. Bring back the days of the cocktail bar where you got a good ould squad of GAA heads in on a sunday night after a dry weekend and you could basically do whatever the f*ck ye wanted.

EC Unique

They are at Ballygawley roundabout this morning. Cnuts. >:(

DuffleKing

Jaysus, twas quiet a while. Thought they may have been gone.

BenDover

They had Armagh well covered Sat night - Market St, top of the clump & Newry Rd. MOT centre pulled an all nighter

Radda bout yeee

Dippers all over cookstown