The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Rooney-esque dive. Good performance by Mexico. One of the best so far.

It's the end for Domenech.

Main Street

I fear the curse of George Hamilton may yet strike against Mexico.

Oraisteach

Zut alors.

Je feel tres bleu!

Allez les verts.

Bogball XV

The draw in the mexico v uruguay game is trading at 1.68 at the minute, 0-0 is 2.6 from 8.0!!  I was too slow to get any value though!!

GalwayBayBoy

French don't even look bothered. Waste of a place at this World Cup.

Schkite

Great penalty, France are terrible.

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 17, 2010, 09:04:18 PM
I see George hasn't bothered familiarising himself with the rules for qualification.  Head to head comes in after goal difference, though I agree with ross4life, if this finishes with a mexico victory, there'll only be one result between uruguay and mexico.  0-0 anyone??

If the results stay the same, Mexico would hardly play for a draw, that would mean them playing Argentina rather than South Korea(probably), not like there's no motivation in the last game to go for the result.

Main Street

No alcohol ban for the Mexican fans, I see the bottles of San Miguel are being popped like champagne.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Schkite on June 17, 2010, 09:09:28 PM
Great penalty, France are terrible.

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 17, 2010, 09:04:18 PM
I see George hasn't bothered familiarising himself with the rules for qualification.  Head to head comes in after goal difference, though I agree with ross4life, if this finishes with a mexico victory, there'll only be one result between uruguay and mexico.  0-0 anyone??

If the results stay the same, Mexico would hardly play for a draw, that would mean them playing Argentina rather than South Korea(probably), not like there's no motivation in the last game to go for the result.
true, but if they go for a win and lose, they could well be out - history shows that when two teams need a draw, they get it.

Shamrock Shore

France not arsed! Shower of bastids! I will drink their red wine with little pleasure tonight! Oh, for some tequila!

Olé

From the Bunker

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 17, 2010, 09:17:58 PM
France not arsed! Shower of bastids! I will drink their red wine with little pleasure tonight! Oh, for some tequila!

Olé

;D :D ;D :P ;D :D ;) :)

Main Street

The balance has firmly shifted to the Americas in this tournament. No duds, apart from Honduras.

paco

Think everyone on here is underestimating the rivalry between the South American teams, I'd be surprised if both settle for a draw. Anyway, France have to beat South Africa, can't see that happening.

Bogball XV

I'm with ronnie, he was onside, why is dunphy arguing this?

Bogball XV

Quote from: paco on June 17, 2010, 09:32:23 PM
Think everyone on here is underestimating the rivalry between the South American teams, I'd be surprised if both settle for a draw. Anyway, France have to beat South Africa, can't see that happening.
Mexico aren't south american, players are pragmatic, mexico took argies to extra time in the last world cup.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 17, 2010, 09:32:58 PM
I'm with ronnie, he was onside, why is dunphy arguing this?

yeah, onside....Dunphy and Giles have this superiority copmplex over guests.