The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 01, 2010, 10:17:48 AM
anybody predict the 7 men Capello will leave out today.

Im going for :-

Upson
Warnock
Huddlestone
Johnson
Parker
Wright-Phillips
Heskey

Can't see him leaving Heskey at home. Think he'll have him instead of Bent and Warnock instead of Baines.

Capt Pat

Capt Pat

Walcott and Bent are droped according to Sky sources. Walcott is fast but not a great player. Why did the Swede take him to the last world cup?????? It shows what a bad decision that was.

paco

Hoof Hearted

its looking like

Baines
Dawson
Parker
Huddlestone
Walcott
Bent
Johnson

Why oh why do so many managers rate Heskey. Even Martin O'Neill always plays him when he's fit, which isnt too often.
But i only got 3 out of 7 right so what do i know
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

paco

Adam Johnson's left out? Strange one. Can't understand how Carragher got in over Dawson either.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Upson was 5/6 to go earlier. Thought that might have been a decent bet. Apparently some journo has put a rumour on twitter that Dawson is going instead of King.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Capt Pat

Why did South Africa drop McCarthy? Are they blessed with star strikers?

bingobus

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 01, 2010, 01:48:51 PM
Why did South Africa drop McCarthy? Are they blessed with star strikers?

Because he is overweight and couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. I'm guessing.

BennyHarp

I heard Sven has named Walcott in a shock call up for Ivory Coast
That was never a square ball!!

mountainboii

Quote from: paco on June 01, 2010, 01:45:13 PM
Adam Johnson's left out? Strange one. Can't understand how Carragher got in over Dawson either.

He can play RB.

Billys Boots

Quote from: AFS on June 01, 2010, 03:35:13 PM
Quote from: paco on June 01, 2010, 01:45:13 PM

He can play RB badly.

Just fixed that for you.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

T O Hare

England's 23-man squad for the World Cup finals:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), David James (Portsmouth), Robert Green (West Ham).

Defenders: Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Ledley King (Tottenham), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), James Milner (Aston Villa), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City).

Forwards: Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Emile Heskey (Aston Villa), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United).

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

The Real Laoislad

Looking at that squad its hard to see how England could win a World Cup...which is nice  :)

No World Class or even top class Goalkeepers IMO..

Carra is past his best,Rio is a donkey,Glen Johnson hasn't been fit for a lot of the season,King has two dodgy knees.
Upson and Warnock are decent players but thats about it.

Carrick  :D need I say anymore,Stevie G also had a poor season by his standards,I don't rate Wright Philips.

Hesky,Crouch and Defoe are decent players but not in the same league as Rooney,and he can't be expected to do it all on his own..

All in all apart from Terry,Cole,Lampard(oops I see a trend starting here)  Rooney,Gerrard if he gets his form back and maybe Milner I don't think England have much else for any team to be worried about..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

paco

Darren Bent has to be raging, 20+ goals and he didn't make it. Enough has been said about Heskey but how many did Crouch score this season and how many games did he play, roughly?