The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

Good each way bet for top goalscorer is Oscar Cardozo (100/1)

He has been in red hot form this year for benfica, and paraguay are in a group alongside New Zealand & Slovakia. Should score a few against these teams.

paco

What did you get for that double? Higuain is 18/1 for top scorer, so could be interesting to find out what price that double is. Also, European winner: 4/11, South American winner: 11/5.

The Worker

Quote from: paco on May 09, 2010, 09:40:28 PM
What did you get for that double? Higuain is 18/1 for top scorer, so could be interesting to find out what price that double is. Also, European winner: 4/11, South American winner: 11/5.

Higuain double is 50/1.

Paddy power are doing an interesting double, Messi top goalscorer & spain to win 60/1

paco

Think I'll have a bit of that second double. Cheers, worker!

The Worker

Quote from: paco on May 09, 2010, 09:59:42 PM
Think I'll have a bit of that second double. Cheers, worker!

yea i like the look of it myself!

lurganblue

It's a good double alright. You would do Argentina and
messi only maradonna is a brutal manager. Would worry messi won't get enough games

EagleLord

What odds in Ronaldo? Bound to be big, because even though hes on a scoring run in LaLiga, he hasnt scored a competitive goal since euro2008, but i wouldnt bet on him, portugal are poor. Klose would be a decent shout for top goalscorer i think. If he gets 5 in this years world cup, he'l equal brazilian Ronaldo's 15, the highest tally by a player in the world cup. So he'l be hungry.

mountainboii

Quote from: EagleLord on May 11, 2010, 11:13:37 AM
What odds in Ronaldo? Bound to be big, because even though hes on a scoring run in LaLiga, he hasnt scored a competitive goal since euro2008, but i wouldnt bet on him, portugal are poor. Klose would be a decent shout for top goalscorer i think. If he gets 5 in this years world cup, he'l equal brazilian Ronaldo's 15, the highest tally by a player in the world cup. So he'l be hungry.

Klose has spent the majority of this season on the bench or injured, and you could count his goal return on one hand. Hardly the form of a top goalscorer candidate.

ross4life

France revealed a first list of 30 players

Keepers
Cédric Carrasso (Bordeaux), Mickaël Landreau (Lille), Hugo Lloris (Lyon), Steve Mandanda (Marseille)

Defenders
Eric Abidal (Barcelona), Gaël Clichy (Arsenal), Rod Fanni (Rennes), Marc Planus (Bordeaux), Anthony Réveillère (Lyon), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), William Gallas (Arsenal), Bacary Sagna (Arsenal), Sébastien Squillaci (FC Séville), Adil Rami (Lille)

Midfielders
Abou Diaby (Arsenal), Yann M'Vila (Rennes), Alou Diarra (Bordeaux), Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid), Yoann Gourcuff (Bordeaux), Sidney Govou (Lyon), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich), Jérémy Toulalan (Lyon)

Forwards
Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea), Thierry Henry (FC Barcelone), Hatem Ben Arfa (Marseille), Jimmy Briand (Rennes), Djibril Cissé (Panathinaïkos), Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille)

no Benzema and no Nasri for the WC
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mountainboii

Australia squad:

Goalkeepers: Mark Schwarzer (Fulham), Adam Federici (Reading), Brad Jones (Middlesbrough), Eugene Galekovic(Adelaide United)

Defenders: Lucas Neill (Galatasaray), Craig Moore(unattached), Scott Chipperfield (Basel), David Carney (Twente Enschede), Luke Wilkshire (Dynamo Moscow), Rhys Williams (Middlesbrough), Shane Lowry (Aston Villa), Mark Milligan (JEF United), Jade North (Tromso), Michael Beauchamp (Al-Jazira)

Midfielders: Tim Cahill (Everton), Mark Bresciano (Palermo) Vince Grella (Blackburn) Brett Emerton (Blackburn), Jason Culina (Gold Coast), Harry Kewell (Galatasaray), Brett Holman (AZ Alkmaar), Carl Valeri (Sassuolo), Mile Jedinak(Antalyaspor), Richard Garcia (Hull), Nick Carle (Crystal Palace), Tommy Oar (Utrecht), Dario Vidosic (Nuremberg), James Holland (AZ Alkmaar)

Forwards: Josh Kennedy (Nagoya), Scott McDonald(Middlesbrough), Nikita Rukavytsya (Twente Enschede)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/8676186.stm

I see there might be one Irish lad, sort of, heading to the World Cup.

gallsman

Plenty of relatively under the radar players in that French squad. Is Gignac injured? I thought Domenech was a massive fan of him, no? Few players going who haven't really played much recently.

thewobbler

Was reading a few forums today and listening to a bit of Talksport, and there seems to be a lot of English folk very upset about the squad Capello has named.

But despite lots of complaints about the players IN the squad, nobody has been able to actually name a surprise omission, someone who would actually improve things.

It could be a day of realisation for the average England fan; realisation that once you get past their injury-ruined first XI, there really isn't a while lot to shout about.

But for all my idle chat, wee Wayne could still have a big say on where the world cup ends up.

paco

Isn't Thierry Henry France's captain? Can't think of any other reason for his inclusion.

ross4life

Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2010, 08:27:44 PM
Plenty of relatively under the radar players in that French squad. Is Gignac injured? I thought Domenech was a massive fan of him, no? Few players going who haven't really played much recently.

Strange choices by Domenech where will the goals come from in that squad? Anelka doesn't have a great Record for France & Henry form needs to improve but then again they won the World cup in 1998 with those same worries 
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Leg End

I'm looking for a bit of value so I'm going with the Dutch doubled with rvp it's 150/1. They have a poor defence but midfield and attackers are plenty. Surely wort a tenner
we're here for a good time, not a long time