The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

So what would be your current World Xl (players that will play in this World cup) here's my choice

--------------Julio Cesar---------------
---Maicon----Lucio---Vidic---Cole--
------------------Essien---------------
--------------Xavi----Iniesta------------
------Messi-----------------Ronaldo-----
-----------------Rooney-------------------
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

On current form I'd have Robben in ahead of Ronaldo, both are in great form but Robben got Bayern where they are single handedly.

ross4life

Quote from: paco on April 23, 2010, 11:41:32 PM
On current form I'd have Robben in ahead of Ronaldo, both are in great form but Robben got Bayern where they are single handedly.

Robben was a misfit for Real Madrid & Chelsea

This is the man that got Bayern to where they are today

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on April 23, 2010, 11:47:17 PM
Quote from: paco on April 23, 2010, 11:41:32 PM

Robben was a misfit for Real Madrid & Chelsea

This is the man that got Bayern to where they are today

Surely it has been bent refs and other various pieces of luck Ross as you have been banging on about.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Yes thanks for pointing it out minder ;) i thought you were blinded to the luck they got?

paco

Robben was brilliant the when he ever played for Real Madrid, his injury-proneness was his downfall, same at Chelsea, although to a lesser extent. Marca or AS, can't mind which, called him the glass man. He was largely responsible for Madrid's brief resurgence in last year's la liga, before it was ended in the 6-2 clasico at the Bernabeu. I'd still rather have him than Ronaldo. No place for Torres?

ross4life

Well that's my team who's yours robben &..............

If i was going to pick another striker & it would be David Villa who has a way better scoring record than Torres!

paco

Julio Cesar
Maicon Vidic Pique A. Cole
Iniesta Xavi Sneijder
Messi Villa Robben

Probably should have a more defensively minded midfielder in there but I'm feeling adventurous.

ross4life

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: ross4life on April 23, 2010, 10:14:54 PM
So what would be your current World Xl (players that will play in this World cup) here's my choice

--------------Julio Cesar---------------
---Maicon----Lucio---Vidic---Cole--
------------------Essien---------------
--------------Xavi----Iniesta------------
------Messi-----------------Ronaldo-----
-----------------Rooney-------------------

Don't necessarily disagree but just an alternative ross4life

Lloris

Maicon
Lucio
Puyol
Zanetti

Iniesta
Xavi
Robben
Lampard

Messi
Torres

As an aside for the future watch our for the Bayern left back Diego Contento (who despite his name is actually German)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

ross4life

Will Zanetti be playing in the World cup? Lloris only had 9 caps for France so far a lot to prove at international level & lampard for England is a Different player!

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: ross4life on April 28, 2010, 05:20:38 PM
Will Zanetti be playing in the World cup? Lloris only had 9 caps for France so far a lot to prove at international level & lampard for England is a Different player!

Well if Maradona has any sense (cough) he will pick Zanetti.  Since the squads haven't been announced he still might.  Lloris is no 1 choice for France and is a decent keeper.  Lampard is a different player for England because that tool Gerrard keeps getting in his way!!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Capt Pat

New Zealand v Slovakia looks like a cracker, not. A lot of the good European teams did not make it.

ross4life

After Watching Zanetti tonight Maradona has to choose him for his World cup Squad