The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 15, 2010, 10:58:24 AM
Quote from: Hardy on April 15, 2010, 10:54:09 AM
Is it possible to get a 4-week block-booking for Lough Derg for June/early July?

Ara go on Hardy. Admit it. You like the World Cup. Everyone likes the World Cup :D

Or are you intending on going into hiding after Offaly's long grass ambush of the Royals?

I'm thinking of going into hiding in advance, after what I saw on Sunday.

Yeah, I used to like the World Cup. But I can't like it now. But when the hype starts, it can be very infectious and even the most resolute can falter. Come on Slovakia.

The Real Laoislad

The Greatest show on Earth only 56 days to go...
I CAN'T WAIT ;D

paddypower odds
Spain 4/1
Brazil 5/1
England 11/2
Messi 8/1
Italy 13/1
Germany 13/1
France 14/1
Holland 14/1
Portugal 25/1
Ivory Coast 30/1

Holland look a good bet at 14/1 as does Portugal at 25/1,hard to look past Spain though IMHO
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

4th in the 1950 World Cup is the best Spain have done so far... i'm sure they can improve on that stat?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

5 Sams

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 15, 2010, 10:42:01 AM
Always look forward to the World Cup. Even as I get more cynical about soccer as a game, the tournament itself still excites me.

Anyway can I be the first to say 'Don't write off the Germans'.

That cliché always reminds me of the famous Motson quote at the start of an attacking move in a World Cup qualifier between England and Germany.... "......and here come the Germans.....Kuntz"..... :D :D
The Aristocrat Years

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 15, 2010, 12:24:46 PM
The Greatest show on Earth only 56 days to go...
I CAN'T WAIT ;D

paddypower odds
Spain 4/1
Brazil 5/1
England 11/2
Messi 8/1
Italy 13/1
Germany 13/1
France 14/1
Holland 14/1
Portugal 25/1
Ivory Coast 30/1

Holland look a good bet at 14/1 as does Portugal at 25/1,hard to look past Spain though IMHO

Looking at those odds Italy look to be the best value bet, 4 times winners, 2 times runners up & once 3rd are worth a each way flutter

but i can't see past Brazil or Argentina

For those that think England will do well? they don't have a good goalkeeper or Right back will Cole be fit on time? Rios form is a big worry, they have no shape in midfield & too much will be expected of Rooney!

the only thing going for them is they have a good Manager

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EagleLord

5 Sams

Well played Eaglelord...I knew it was Motty....wasn't sure of the game...
The Aristocrat Years

Geoff Tipps

QuoteIf Brazil were to play Spain they would overpower them in size alone

In a game where the best player in the world is slightly bigger than a dwarf I'm sure Spain aren't overly worried. And Ross as your missus has told you on more than 1 occasion - size doesn't matter  :D

ross4life

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 15, 2010, 04:38:39 PM
QuoteIf Brazil were to play Spain they would overpower them in size alone

your missus has told you on more than 1 occasion - size doesn't matter  :D

incase you didn't notice I'm a rossie & everyone knows we are hung like horses & ride like a stallions & for the record we are Sheepstealers so we stole them from Mayo so they won't harm them poor things no more  :P

down6061689194

Quote from: EagleLord on April 15, 2010, 01:00:46 AM
Quote from: ross4life on April 15, 2010, 12:35:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiB3683PztQ world cup advert, messi bit is good  :D
god ad alryt. decent song too! I see Arshavins there in that ad.. but Russia arent in the world cup??? awkwardness on the set i would think.... :-[

Sure france aren't at the world cup either.

The Worker

Anyone know were i can pick up a cheap USA top ? thanks

The Worker

Quote from: down6061689194 on April 15, 2010, 08:26:39 PM
www.bornprosper.com

fakes but very very good.

cheers, but they dont seem to stock usa tops! (even though there is a picture of them)

Geoff Tipps