Laochra Gael TG4 (New Series)

Started by an púca, April 14, 2010, 09:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 05, 2013, 09:34:42 PM
taped it but yet to seen it. Was lucky enough to see Ryan playing back when Kildare were starting to take off back in 92-93 against Dublin. Great talent,  Kildare missed the boat in 98 which i was at too, with a good team but took Galway for granted. I think very few papers favored galway on the day. Probably go down as another great player never to win an all-Ireland. I would say Davy Dalton was a better defender though, and Niall Buckley and lynch were 2 other very good players who didn't for fill the talent they had.
Ronan Quinn was injured as well
Probably the best chance they had to win Sam

orangeman

Quote from: Syferus on February 23, 2014, 05:41:00 PM
Cora on now. She may be a Rhu but it's hard not to like her.

That was a rough decision in the 2001 all Ireland final when it was a draw and time up and the ref gave a free in for the ball not going 13m.

Bad way to lose a match.

Maroon Manc

Anyone else watch it last night?

It was on Larry Tompkins, a very enjoyable episode.

I always find him a very underrated player, can't think of anyone who could kick a dead ball longer.

5 Sams

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 03, 2014, 08:35:02 PM

I always find him a very underrated player, can't think of anyone who could kick a dead ball longer.

Hard to believe he ruptured a cruciate in an AIF and played on!
The Aristocrat Years

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 03, 2014, 08:39:01 PM

Hard to believe Kildare wouldn't pay his air fare back to the states.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AZOffaly

Saw this, and it did remind me how good he was. Pity it didn't work out for him as manager, but then again that would mean Cork would win something so maybe no harm :)

CorkMan

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 03, 2014, 08:39:01 PM

And he played with a pulled hamstring the year before. Is it stupidity or something to admire him for? Probably both.

FL/MAYO

I knew Larry  in NYC. He was the hardest working player I ever met, always training no matter the conditions. He trained as he played, giving 100% all the time. He was rightly pissed off at Aldridge when he returned from that game. Donegal NY at that time had a load of Castlehaven boys playing with them, thats how he ended up with Cork. Pauric Dunne the Offaly midfielder played on the same Donegal team in New York. The picture of Spillane in NYC was taken in 1984, he played under my name that day, I was gone back home to college after the summer....very few rules were followed back then in Gaelic Park. There was no airs and graces with Larry, as down to earth as they come, I was delighted for him when he won his All-Ireland even if one of them was against Mayo.

Syferus

Quote from: FL/MAYO on March 05, 2014, 05:46:06 PM
I knew Larry  in NYC. He was the hardest working player I ever met, always training no matter the conditions. He trained as he played, giving 100% all the time. He was rightly pissed off at Aldridge when he returned from that game. Donegal NY at that time had a load of Castlehaven boys playing with them, thats how he ended up with Cork. Pauric Dunne the Offaly midfielder played on the same Donegal team in New York. The picture of Spillane in NYC was taken in 1984, he played under my name that day, I was gone back home to college after the summer....very few rules were followed back then in Gaelic Park. There was no airs and graces with Larry, as down to earth as they come, I was delighted for him when he won his All-Ireland even if one of them was against Mayo.

Still did a Seanie, though.

Wildweasel74

things must been a bit slack alright if the no.12 running rings round you was a multi all-ireland winner called Pat and his name wasmt popping up on the team sheet

Wildweasel74

Watching Laochra gael on larry tompkins there, G the way Kildare treated him over that plane ticket was brutal, one of the great no.11

Hardy

Great spake there on Laochra Gael (Eddie and Willie O'Connor). In the dressing room before the 2000 final (when he ended up playing the second half with a broken rib) Willie said, "I won't die for Kilkenny; today I'm going to kill for Kilkenny."

5 Sams

Quote from: Hardy on April 06, 2014, 06:40:53 PM
Great spake there on Laochra Gael (Eddie and Willie O'Connor). In the dressing room before the 2000 final (when he ended up playing the second half with a broken rib) Willie said, "I won't die for Kilkenny; today I'm going to kill for Kilkenny."

Great show. Two tough lads.
The Aristocrat Years

Fuzzman

Did anyone watch the show last night with Ryan McMenamin?
I was surprised how well Oisin spoke about him and said you'd love to have a player like that on your team.

Did we ever find out what happend Gooch's eye in that 2005 final?  :o

rrhf

Yes it was last seen bouncing down Jones Road.