Predict the 2010 All Ireland winner

Started by Ash Smoker, April 12, 2010, 06:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the 2010 All Ireland senior hurling championship?

Kilkenny
18 (28.1%)
Tipperary
13 (20.3%)
Galway
11 (17.2%)
Cork
7 (10.9%)
Waterford
2 (3.1%)
Clare
0 (0%)
Dublin
1 (1.6%)
Limerick
2 (3.1%)
Wexford
0 (0%)
Offaly
1 (1.6%)
Laois
1 (1.6%)
Antrim
5 (7.8%)
Carlow
3 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: May 12, 2010, 06:15:15 PM

Ash Smoker

I've ordered the teams as they appear on Paddy Power's betting book.

Croí na hÉireann

I think Kilkenny will tumble over the line this year, it'd be a shame now if they didn't complete the 5 in a row. They will probably get caught in Leinster (by Galway) but I think Cody is concentrating on getting them to peak for late July to September when everyone will be gunning for them. They are definitely descending back towards the pack and I think the pack could even overtake them next year...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

orangeman

I've went for Tipp.

I'd love to see KK do 5 in a row.

Hoping for a good championship where a resurgent Cork and Galway will stake big claims as well.

johnneycool

I've went for Galway (and so has two other eejits) as hope springs eternal..

lilpaulie85

Waterford , hopefully. pretty much same reason as johnneycool..
Chase the dream not the competition.

Zulu

Kilkenny, with Tipp as the only realistic threat. I can't see Galway or Waterford winning it and the rest don't have a hope IMO.

slow corner back

KK definitly appear to be coming back to the pack, at least a little. I went for Tipp even though I am not too fond of them. Although the Langers could be a dangerous floater this year. They are at least heading in the right direction for the first time in quite a while.

johnneycool

Quote from: slow corner back on April 13, 2010, 10:01:54 PM
KK definitly appear to be coming back to the pack, at least a little. I went for Tipp even though I am not too fond of them. Although the Langers could be a dangerous floater this year. They are at least heading in the right direction for the first time in quite a while.

Heart says Galway or Waterford for the hell of it, anyone but the big three although it'll more than likely be one of them and i wouldn't rule out Cork yet but they'll need to keep those old legs which they're still very reliant on free from injury.

I see Cadagan is out for both National league finals due to a stress fracture in the foot. Will Sean O'g be put to the edge of the square?

Bord na Mona man

From the predictions, it looks like we'll be having Kilkenny, Tipperary, Galway and Antrim in the AI semi-finals.
This hasn't happened since 1993.

seafoid

imtommygunn

If antrim get into the AISF I'll eat my hat...

Milltown Row2

Antrim wont get to the semi's untill it goes back to the old format, and even then we struggled to beat Derry and Down!!!

Antrim to put in a good performance this year, i'm hopefull of that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Reillers

Quote from: johnneycool on April 14, 2010, 09:10:43 AM
Quote from: slow corner back on April 13, 2010, 10:01:54 PM

Heart says Galway or Waterford for the hell of it, anyone but the big three although it'll more than likely be one of them and i wouldn't rule out Cork yet but they'll need to keep those old legs which they're still very reliant on free from injury.

I see Cadagan is out for both National league finals due to a stress fracture in the foot. Will Sean O'g be put to the edge of the square?

Nope..

1. Anthony Nash - Kanturk
   2. Brian Murphy - Bride Rovers
   3. David Cunningham - Glen Rovers
   4. Conor O'Sullivan - Sarsfields
   5. Michael Walsh - Kildorrery
   6. Sean Og O hAilpín - Na Piarsaigh
   7. Ray Ryan - Sarsfields
   8. Jerry O'Connor - Newtownshandrum
   9. William Egan - Kilbrin
  10. Fintan O'Leary - Ballinhassig
  11. Cian McCarthy - Sarsfields
  12. Ben O'Connor - Newtownshandrum
  13. Kieran Murphy - Sarsfields
  14. Michael Cussen - Sarsfields
  15. Luke O'Farrell - Midleton
  16. Martin Coleman - Ballinhassig
  17. Kevin Harnett - Russell Rovers
  18. Shane Murphy - Erin's Own
  19. Eoin Dillon - Milford
  20. Graham Callanan - Glen Rovers
  21. Lorcán McLoughlin - Kanturk
  22. Mark O'Sullivan - Dripsey
  23. Aisake O hAilpín - Na Piarsaigh
  24. Paudie O'Sullivan - Cloyne

Good team, interesting line up, the one thing about that team is I can't really see the logic in starting both of the twins when they could have been rested. But sure, we'll see how it goes.

longrunsthefox

My heart would be with Galway but my vote is with Tipp. Would love to see Antrim win it but won't even be in my children's lifetime... seem to be slipping back all the time 

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.