Started by AbbeySider, April 12, 2010, 02:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Quote from: EagleLord on April 16, 2010, 02:09:06 PM
Quote from: AFS on April 16, 2010, 02:00:27 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 16, 2010, 12:24:40 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 16, 2010, 12:20:30 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on April 16, 2010, 02:24:07 AM

Thats the one I was looking to see after this thread started last week, as I remember the picture of the Kerryman (DOS) fetching the ball was a qware leap, but I knew that there was one out there with Harte which looked like he was flying.
That picture is ridiculous,  hes 6ft in the air and hes going to catch the ball, unreal. Absolute magic.

Any one else reckon that, while it's obviously an exceptional leap, the angle the picture seems to have been taken from exaggerates the height a bit? Looks like it was taken from very close to ground level.

Jeeeeeeeeez Im not sure about that AFS..you just have to look at the lads around him to see how high he is off the ground, really dont think tits camers trickery at all!

The lads in the foreground are a bit closer to the camera, so they're not really accurate gauges. I'd look at the Mayo lad that McKenna is beating to the ball. McKenna's feet are up to about his arse. Now assuming this Mayo lad is somewhere around 6 foot and maybe a bit, and that his feet are about a foot off the ground, then McKenna can't be any more than about 4 foot off the ground himself. A four foot leap is a pretty impressive, but it's not quite the 6 feet some reckon.

rrhf

That pic shows mc kenna coming down after the leap though.   :P

EagleLord

AFS,
As much I love this picture, I do see your case. The lads in the foreground make it look all the more impressive becasue they are closer to the camera, and are all crouched a little, making it look that McKenna's knee as at thier head-height. Also McKenna's knees are bent so it adds to it, see the picture of Dan Gordon..But in conclusion though, I reckon that the players waiting for the break ball can't be that far away from him like, plus he is actually touching his team-mate with one foot and the Mayo lad with the other, and based on that, it looks mighty impressive. Also having seen Benny Coulter make some unbelievable fetches, and from watching  Aussie Rules, this kind of leap is completely possible..

Baile an tuaigh

Tyrone mujaheddin  ;D

Zulu

Quote from: AFS on April 16, 2010, 02:20:15 PM

Thats the one I was looking to see after this thread started last week, as I remember the picture of the Kerryman (DOS) fetching the ball was a qware leap, but I knew that there was one out there with Harte which looked like he was flying.
That picture is ridiculous,  hes 6ft in the air and hes going to catch the ball, unreal. Absolute magic.

Any one else reckon that, while it's obviously an exceptional leap, the angle the picture seems to have been taken from exaggerates the height a bit? Looks like it was taken from very close to ground level.

Jeeeeeeeeez Im not sure about that AFS..you just have to look at the lads around him to see how high he is off the ground, really dont think tits camers trickery at all!

The lads in the foreground are a bit closer to the camera, so they're not really accurate gauges. I'd look at the Mayo lad that McKenna is beating to the ball. McKenna's feet are up to about his arse. Now assuming this Mayo lad is somewhere around 6 foot and maybe a bit, and that his feet are about a foot off the ground, then McKenna can't be any more than about 4 foot off the ground himself. A four foot leap is a pretty impressive, but it's not quite the 6 feet some reckon.

The Mayo man is Aidan O'Shea, who is six four and McKenna has his hips up around Aidan's shoulder and O'Shea is a foot or more off the ground himself. So that would mean McKenna's hips are six feet or more off the ground, for an 18 year old that is a remarkable feat.

nrico2006

Quote from: AFS on April 16, 2010, 02:20:15 PM

It looks like the fella he is jumping with is Aidan o'Shea who is apparently 6 Foot 4.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

FL/MAYO

I wonder how high O'Shea would have jumped if he wasn't been fouled by the other Tyrone player?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Quote from: wdusln on April 16, 2010, 01:40:13 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 15, 2010, 04:51:23 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 15, 2010, 04:25:55 PM
You're right Ziggy, there was one on the front of the Irish News of a couple of players hugging Cormac and one was Declan McCrossan... he seemed to be looking into the distance and wasn't smiling. I wondered was he finding it difficult as he was taken off earlier in Ulster and didn't play in the final. I have that front page.   

Ah, my mind wasn't playing tricks. Phew! Any chance of scanning it and posting it here?

is this the one??

was all the more poignant months later

I was always taken by Declan McCrossan's expression... he looks very distant, haunted, despair, gutted or watever... was tough on him to miss out after being taken off after Ulster final.

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

AbbeySider

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 16, 2010, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: wdusln on April 16, 2010, 01:40:13 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 15, 2010, 04:51:23 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 15, 2010, 04:25:55 PM
You're right Ziggy, there was one on the front of the Irish News of a couple of players hugging Cormac and one was Declan McCrossan... he seemed to be looking into the distance and wasn't smiling. I wondered was he finding it difficult as he was taken off earlier in Ulster and didn't play in the final. I have that front page.   

Ah, my mind wasn't playing tricks. Phew! Any chance of scanning it and posting it here?

is this the one??

was all the more poignant months later

I was always taken by Declan McCrossan's expression... he looks very distant, haunted, despair, gutted or watever... was tough on him to miss out after being taken off after Ulster final.

That's the one, thanks fox
Testing Accessibility

Sawyer

How do youadd a picture that is saved on your computer?

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!