Started by AbbeySider, April 12, 2010, 02:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

sammymaguire

Quote from: heffo on April 15, 2010, 01:41:16 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2010, 11:26:52 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on April 14, 2010, 11:22:51 PM
Who's the wee lad in the Killkenny pic?
James McGarry's (KK 'keeper) wee lad. His mother died in a car accident earlier in the year.
I kind of don't like seeing that picture to be honest.

Me either - it's a bit creepy - McGarry got a standing ovation from the whole crowd at the AI final that year

Some great images though...keep them coming..

I think its very moving and I am sure that James and his son will hold that memory dear for a very very long time or he would not have been put there or maybe asked to be put there in the first place
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ziggysego

Quote from: NaomhBridAbĂș on April 15, 2010, 12:15:17 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 15, 2010, 12:09:04 PM
There was a brilliant photo on the front cover of the Irish News, the day after the 2003 All-Ireland Final. It was Cormac McAnallen hugging someone on the pitch. I believe it was his brother Donal, but not entirely sure.

Think it was Collie Holmes on that one - there is a pick of Cormac and Donal together with Sam in the changing rooms

Quote from: Onion Bag on April 15, 2010, 12:28:15 PM

No, not the one. Thanks though.

This is the one. Don't know where I got the hugging from, my mistake.

Is there a bigger version of it anywhere?
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

You're right Ziggy, there was one on the front of the Irish News of a couple of players hugging Cormac and one was Declan McCrossan... he seemed to be looking into the distance and wasn't smiling. I wondered was he finding it difficult as he was taken off earlier in Ulster and didn't play in the final. I have that front page.   

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 15, 2010, 04:25:55 PM
You're right Ziggy, there was one on the front of the Irish News of a couple of players hugging Cormac and one was Declan McCrossan... he seemed to be looking into the distance and wasn't smiling. I wondered was he finding it difficult as he was taken off earlier in Ulster and didn't play in the final. I have that front page.   

Ah, my mind wasn't playing tricks. Phew! Any chance of scanning it and posting it here?
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Baile an tuaigh

Baile an tuaigh

Baile an tuaigh

Baile an tuaigh

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Baile an tuaigh

Baile an tuaigh

Baile an tuaigh